Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport
Ranked #30 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed October 7, 2011

This is a very nice, very clean hotel. We had not visited Fort Lauderdale before, and when chosing a hotel cleanliness and safety were our only requirements. This hotel DEFINITELY met our needs. Not only was our room clean, it was also very quiet. Maybe there were not other guests in the rooms directly beside ours (or maybe we were just very tired from traveling), but we did not hear any outside noise from the hallway. Our room was even located by the stairs and elevator. A minor perk we appreciated was that the bathroom sink was outside the door to the room containing the shower / toilet. This made it much easier for us to get ready in the mornings. We do not find this at many hotels, but we sure enjoy it when we do. All of the hotel staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here if we return to the Fort Lauderdale area again.

3  Thank KSU-Cat-fan
Jo Jean A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Dear Holiday Inn Express Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our property.

It sounds as if you had a relaxing stay and were able to enjoy the
amenities of our wonderful hotel.

I am pleased you found the staff to be very friendly and attentive. We
strive to provide our guests with the best possible service. Your feedback
is greatly appreciated. We are thrilled that we will see you again in your future travels to FT Lauderdale.

Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have stayed in other Holiday Inn Express hotel and this one was just as nice as other ones. First of all, the staff was great!! Unfortunately I was there for a funeral and when one of the housekeepers heard me say that, she took time out of her busy day to talk to me about what she had gone through. The front desk staff was always helpful also. The breakfast area was great and the food was always available. Having coffee available all day is a great add on. My room was spotless and was kept clean the whole time I was there. I have stayed in other Express hotels that had the down toppers on the mattress and was sorry to not see it here. The free wi-fi and parking was a big help. The Weston down the street didn't offer these and they were more than double in price. Hotel was well located also. Would stay here again in a minute!

2  Thank travel53NewJersey
Jo Jean A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Dear Valued Guest
So sorry for your loss. Please accept our condolences. So glad we were convenient for your stay while attending the funeral.
We are delighted that we made you feel at home during your stay with us.
Thank you again for the many compliments and the employee recognition and I will share this review with all of our staff.

Warm Regards
Jo Jean Allen

Reviewed September 25, 2011

From the first moment my family and I arrived we could tell that this was the hotel for us. We were taken away by the amazing condition of the rooms, lobby, and exterior, but most of all it was the staff that impressed me the most. We were lucky enough to stay for 6 nights while we visited family but didnt realize we would be making new friends with the fine folks working here. In the evenings we had a young gentleman named Mike and in the morning we were always greeted by Arron. Between the two of them we truly felt at home and hopefully they know they have three friends in Cincinnati.
The Room: wow...just wow..spotless, comfortable, and just down right NEW. I've heard horor stories about some "hotels" but the sheer sight of our suite set my family at ease instantly. This hotel has to be either A. newly open or B. newly renovated. Either way color me impressed.
When we return to see the family next year we will of course be staying with our friends at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites.

1  Thank JosephMattioli
theresagio, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Our Dear Friend Joseph and family,
Thank you, thank you and thank you! That was heartwarming to read your review regarding our wonderful employees. We do pride ourselves on the service that we offer our guests and the cleanliness of our property.
We are delighted that we made you feel at home during your week-long stay with us.
I am ecstatic that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us and please come back and visit with us soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2011

We had reserved a suite, when we arrived the receptionist was very friendly, gave the kids cookies, we went to our suite (parents and 3 teenage boys) and were very plesantly surprised. what a great room and very clean and tidy. Would recomend to anyone to stay for hte noght (or several noghts). Thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jazzytap

Dear Holiday Inn Express Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your summer visit to the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport hotel. Your thoughtful comments are truly appreciated. We are always extremely delighted to hear such positive feedback from our guests.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed in this hotel ten years ago when it was named the University Inn. Then it was showing its age and drab. On subsequent business trips to Fort Lauderdale, I stayed at the La Quinta on the other side of the Executive Airport. The La Quinta gradually went down hill so I was pleasantly surprised to read the tripadvisor reviews of this hotel.

PROS: I can't say enough good things about this hotel and the changes it's gone through. The lobby is bright and modern with an attentive front desk clerk. The parking lot was well lit and patrolled by a guard in a golf cart. The king non-smoking room was large, spotless and did not have that taletell smell of covered-up cigarette smoke found in some hotels (and the hallway was smoke free as well). The bed had five pillows ranging from soft to firm (labeled on the pillow cases). The lamps on the bedside tables had electrical outlets (making it easy to recharge a cell phone and keep it close to the bed). There was a easy chair with ottoman and a couch, plus a desk and chair. There was a 32" flat screen HD TV (this means non-HD channels were a bit fuzzy), a microwave, refrigerator and safe big enough for a 17" laptop (note to anyone whose seen the YouTube video showing hotel safes easily opened by entering a series of zeros, it didn't work on this safe). There were plenty of towels and washcloths. Big showerhead in the tub and, get this, a real exhaust fan. No ceiling mold, waterstains or discolored tile grout. And all this for around $90/night, including taxes (with AAA discount).

CONS: When the next door neighbor slammed his door, the headboard vibrated. There was a split in the upholstery on one of the sofa's arms.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank EdRoyOdem
theresagio, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Dear Ed,
Thank you for selecting our hotel during your recent business travel and for this most positive review. We are pleased that you found our hotel worthy of such praise.
Last year, we completed a renovation of the entire hotel and we are delighted that you were able to experience our wonderful new property.
I appreciate all of the compliments regarding the accommodations and our staff.
We are delighted that we exceeded your expectations and I thank you again for taking the time to write such a thorough review of our hotel.
We hope to have you back soon!

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport Hotel

Reviewed September 19, 2011

I have been coming to FXE for the last 10 years on my visits to my home office. In all these years I have stayed in almost every hotel within a 5 mile radius of the airport and was I pleasantly surprised when this facility opened. By far it is the cleanest hotel with the friendliest staff I have encountered in the area. Great breakfasts are the norm and security that actually works the entire property and not just the lobby. It is well worth the stay......

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank usmctnlrat

Dear Valued Holiday Inn Express Guest,
We are glad to read that you had a wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport Hotel.
I am delighted that you enjoyed our comfortable accommodations and our delicious complimentary hot breakfast.
Thank you for your kind words regarding the cleanliness of your room, as it is great to see the hard work of our Housekeeping staff recognized so nicely in your review.
Our goal is to provide excellent service to all guests and I am thrilled that our staff exceeded your expectations.
When you travel again to the Fort Lauderdale area, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed here on Saturday night after traveling from the Daytona Beach area to go to the Ohio State/Miami game. This hotel was perfect for our 1-night trip. It was recently renovated with beautiful granite in the bathrooms, updated lighting, tv, carpet and paint. It was extremely modern and done in great taste. Our bathroom was way nice than what we have at home. We were certainly impressed and this hotel has definitely stepped up its game. The hot breakfast in the morning was great - hot scrambled eggs, bacon, muffins, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, cereal...anything you could ever want and it was included in the price. Great hotel at a great price. If we're ever in the area again, we wouldn't stay anywhere else. Thanks!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stephandbobby
theresagio, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear Steph and Bobby,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review and it is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our property.
So glad our convenient location close to both the Florida Turnpike and I-95, worked out well for your travel down south to Miami.
We love to hear that you enjoyed our fabulous accommodations and wonderful complimentary hot breakfast.
Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport Hotel