All reviews front desk starbucks coffee breakfast buffet special thanks pool area stayed one night hotel restaurant self parking pre cruise stay ft gym lauderdale freeway fl conference maintenance uber
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

This hotel felt like a home away from home. As soon as you enter the main lobby you are greeted with this amazing aroma that just fills the entire floor. It’s so relaxing! Since they are pet friendly, We traveled with our small dog at no additional cost. Our room was great, friendly staff, cleanliness, and very attentive. We ordered room service (breakfast) twice and it did not disappoint! Portions were big and very satisfying. Overall the environment there is to “sleep well, eat well, and live well” with that being said their menu includes healthier options and fresh juices/smoothies. They have a 3 & 5 mile run path and a gym. Pool and hot tub are well kept and I honestly didn’t mind the iguanas. Something out of the norm for us since we are up north and the only time we see them is if we go to the pet shop. There is plenty of parking. The lavender/chamomile oil that is placed on the night stand helped seal the deal for us at night. It helped us relax and enjoy their plush pillows and bedding. (I just ordered it on their website) Their shower heads also help you relax. This hotel is not new by any means BUT it is well kept and it’s the details that help relax you. Coming from NYC where we are busy busy busy this was definitely a way to relax during our vacation.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Heather S, General Manager at The Westin Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Thank you so much for your review, we truly appreciate YOU and taking the time to share! I hope I can meet you in person during your next visit.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

I am in the hospitality industry and I must say that Steven Sasso delivered the most outstanding and exceptional service. He was very personable, greeting me by name and helpful with local suggestions. I look forward to my next stay at the Westin. He is a true asset to the hotel and the service industry. You can really tell when someone loves their job. The passion shows!!!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Heather S, General Manager at The Westin Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Brandi thank you so much for your kind comments and review. Please complete a brand survey if you receive one via email as they are very important to the team as well as Steven!

Cheers,

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

This is basically a decent business hotel that can work as a vacation hotel as long as you a) have a car, and b) have plans to do things away from the hotel.

The service here is mixed. One bartender was great (I cannot remember his name)—the other was HORRIBLE (taller man with an Eastern European accent). The latter spent most of his time watching the World Cup on the tv in the bar area. He mixed really awful drinks and never checked back on me after I ordered dinner. Not what I expect from a Westin!

Front desk staff is fantastic. We lost water and AC while I was there and they rose to the occasion. Kudos for taking care of your guests!

The iguanas by the pool are a little much ....

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Heather S, General Manager at The Westin Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Thank you for the comments about the staff! We are currently having a company assist with the iguana's as they are out of control thi year on Southern Florida. I will follow up with the bartender service and appreciate your business.

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Very nice location and property. One you enter the property and you get that Westin smell, you know you are in for a treat. Check in was nice and easy and gs agent was very friendly. Bell man also asked for luggage assistance which was good. We stayed on the 7th floor overlooking the front of the building and car park. Nice but I think the view of the lake on the other side may be better but though if you are after a room with a view. The room was very clean and well kept and comes with a safe and complimentary tea and coffee making facilities. Could do with a little refurb though. Parking was easy and very straight forward which you do by yourself Check out was nice and easy with Ian. Overall a nice place to stay and very good location.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Heather S, General Manager at The Westin Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share and I hope you had a fabulous time in Florida!

Cheers,

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my visit here. I checked in and checked out around the same time of night and both times I was assisted by a woman named Lonia. She was absolutely delightful. Very friendly and hospitable. The room was also very nice. It was quiet and had a wonderful view. The housekeeping staff was terrific, even calling just to be sure that I did not want my room serviced because I had the do not disturb tag on the door. Overall I really enjoyed my visit. I would certainly return.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank mcd352000

Thank you for your business and recognizing Lonia! I will share your comments with my team at out morning huddle.

Let's Rise,