This was a combination business/leisure trip as my daughter and I are Travel Agents and went to Ft. Lauderdale to tour the Oasis of the Seas. We brought our husbands and her two children along and they enjoyed the beach. First I will admit that we had a complimentary room from Sheraton. That fact will not affect this review.
Check in was a breeze. We were told that the room we were being given had no view, but if we were unhappy with it, we could be moved. We wanted a room on the beach side of the street, a view was not important to us at all. When we saw the room, we were surprised to find that there was a partial ocean view. We were happy with the location.
The hotel is very clean- we constantly saw people cleaning in the lobby and there was never a problem finding someone to provide extra towels, etc. We did miss having a small refrigerator, but no big deal, we had brought along two small coolers. The water in the toilet always looked yellow (even after flushing), so we would not recommend drinking the tap water at the hotel. The ice machine on our floor (#2) was not working, so we had to go down to 1 for ice. It wasn't working on the 3rd floor, either. Again, not a big deal for us.
Our room had two double beds- not the most comfortable we have ever slept on, but we are used to a king and queen size bed. On the second night, however, my daughter's back was hurting so bad from the mattress that she opted to join the children on their pallet on the floor!
The beach is very nice! On our second morning I spotted two workers building a huge sand hill. When I asked what they were doing they told me they do this every morning for the children to play on and knock down. Nice touch! The pool, although we didn't use it, looked nice and seemed to be enjoyed by many of the guests. Beach chairs were put out around 9:00 each morning- free of charge. An umbrella would cost $15.00 plus tax. My son-in-law purchased the umbrella the first day.
Parking- they have a parking garage for $17.00 per day plus tax ($18.02 total). WATCH OUT FOR THE SPEED BUMPS!!!! They are HUGE!!! Our mini-van had a difficult time going over them whenever we entered or exited the garage. Honestly- the size of those speed bumps is quite excessive! They could be taken down a bit. And the parking spaces are pretty small. Most guests parked right on the line, making many of the spaces unuseable. With that said,though, we were always able to find a spot to park.
The location is perfect for those leaving on a cruise- it took us 5 minutes to drive to the port.
Would I recommend this hotel to my clients? Yes, I believe that I would. The good far out-weighs the bad and it was the general concensus of the family that we enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton, Fort Lauderdale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For the ultimate oceanfront experience in South Florida, look no further than B Ocean Resort in Fort Lauderdale. Located directly on the pristine white sand beach, B Ocean Resort is where you'll want to B for the ultimate beach vacation. With 486 bright and airy guest rooms and suites, B Ocean Resort features the most desirable amenities, including FreeB™ WiFi, 2 outdoor pools, a private beach, the B Active Fitness Center, and delectable dining at the famed Wreck Bar and Beach Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Splitty, Travelocity, TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yankee Clipper Hotel Florida
- Yankee Clipper Motel
- Sheraton Yankee Clipper Fort Lauderdale
- Sheraton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Sheraton