“Weekend Get Away” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Cape Coral, Florida
“Weekend Get Away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is an oldie but, goodie! My partner and I stayed at the Sheraton over a long weekend July 19th - 21st. We arrived early and decided to see if we could check in. Based on several previous reviews remarking on the great service they received from Calesia, I was thrilled to have her check us in. She is absolutely a delight to interact with. The room we had been assigned to check in to was not ready. So, Calesia gave us the option of taking another room at the property across the street. It was wonderful! We were on the 9th flr., with a GORGEOUS ocean view! The room was spotless and the beds were very comfortable. The rest of the staff at this hotel are all very nice and accomodating. I am looking forward to my next long weekend to Ft. Lauderdale and the Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Hotel!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank lawrenka
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear lawrenka: Thank you for choosing the Sheraton as your travel destination for the weekend! We're so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time and was able to enjoy the beautiful weather. We hope to see you all very soon!

Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

A Very Good Sheraton Hotel Right on the Beach!

I like this location a lot... it is set slightly away from the other hotels right on the beach. I had a beautiful view of the ocean and beach from my balcony. I enjoyed watching the people play volleyball and such on the beach while I relaxed on my balcony.

Room was standard Sheraton quality. The furniture and overall feel of the room was tropical minimal Florida.

I would return again especially for the how inexpensive the room was for how nice of a stay I had.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dear nychellzkitchen: Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. We're delighted to hear that you found value in your stay, and were pleased with our beautiful location right on Fort Lauderdale Beach.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

My company puts used this hotel regularly, and while the beach front location is good, this hotel is like 4 different properties in one. It has 4 buildings, beach tower, tower, main and marina. If you are lucky enough to get a room in the tower you are set. It's clean, quiet and comfortable. However, if your stars are not aligned and you get a room in the main building, don't expect to get any rest.
The rooms are arranged around one of the pools so there's people and kids all the time, not to mention some really loud construction noise. The best part is the housekeeping staff. I had a late check out time of 6 pm, because we didn't get to the hotel until 2 am. Around 10 am the housekeeper was knocking on my door, never mind that I had the DD sing on, and never mind that regular check out is at 11 am, she was banging on the door for a good 5-6 minutes and asking "I just want to know if you're leaving today" and such. Not a very good experience.
Unfortunately, I go to FL often for work and don't have a say on where we stay, but if I had a choice, I think I'd rather go to a motel 6 or something like that.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Pmoran2013
Dear Pmoran2013: Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. What you experienced is unacceptable and we have shared your review with our housekeeping team to ensure action is taken, so we may improve our service. We hope to see you again the next time you're in the area!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

we stayed here pre cruise for a weekend. loved everything! the hotel is refurbished and looks really nice. we had a corner room in the tower with a view of the port and beach. the hotel has 2 pools and a private beach. the beach bar is a great place to grab a drink or a snack. they will also come to you if you are at the beach or pool. we also liked the 2 restaurants- dos caminos and the wreck bar. they had nightly happy hour specials. the hotel also gave us a booklet with coupons to use at the sheraton or at the nearby westin. we would definitely stay here again if we visit fort lauderdale.

Room Tip: ask for a tower room. the rooms at the beach area get very loud because of everyone using the hallw...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank leroythelab
Dear jamie n: Thank you for sharing your fantastic 5-star review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the top-notch service you have received from our attentive staff. It was a pleasure having you, and we hope to see you again soon!

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Although the outside of the rooms (hallways and room doors) need updating desperately. Rooms are good and clean and service is excellent. Employees are very friendly and always looking to help. The hotel location is excellent and the ammenities on the beach are great ( lounge chairs, towels, etc). The only restaurant (Dos Caminos) is a little pricey and if you are not into Mexican food, you will have to walk or drive to other places.

Room Tip: Main building is the only one with balconies, but it is the oldest building.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank jatpa4087
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear jatpa4087: We are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel and enjoyed our beautiful location right on Fort Lauderdale Beach. We appreciate your positive comments about our hotel cleanliness and will be sure to pass along to our housekeeping department. We look forward to welcoming you back and the near future!

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

This place needs new carpet. I stayed overnight and ate breakfast. Very standard overpriced stuff. It has some fun family perks. I don't have kids so I wasn't thrilled with this place. I'm sure the mermaid show was fun but overall I think this place was a bit stinky.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Deeeelaney
Dear Deeeelaney: Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We most definitely will share with our management team for future improvements.

Hobe Sound, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Ok, so it's an older property. It's also a historic landmark so they are limited in the changes they can make. I understand people getting a little disappointed by the rooms or property for that reason only. In my opinion the location can't be beat. It's an easy walk to the touristy beach area without having to stay in the middle of the crowds. You basically have a private beach area right in front of the hotel. The service was wonderful. Derek at the front desk was extremely pleasant and helped me get checked in when there was a minor issue. David was our bellman 3 times and he was extremely pleasant and helpful and don't leave without seeing Nicole at the pool bar for a Strawberry Lemonade. She remembered us and our orders each day we went back. We stayed in 2 very different suites, both at "the bow of the boat." Suite 500 was huge with plenty of room to entertain but no balconies, and tiny bathrooms and closets. Room 400 directly below, had 2 awesome balconies, large beautifully redone bathrooms, and a walk in closet. But the living room is significantly smaller. As long as you aren't planning on having more than 5 adults in the room at one time, I'd prefer 400 over 500. This hotel isn't necessarily a "great value" property. But isn't not crazy over priced either. You are paying more for location and service and for me, I've always wanted to stay at the bow of The Yankee Clipper so I was thrilled.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear StefaniLeo: Thank you for sharing your review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to make it a memorable vacation experience! Customer service is very important to us, and we’re very pleased our staff met your standards. We look forward to seeing you in the future for another wonderful stay at the historic Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel!