B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
$100
$269
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$194
  • Pool
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$109
$145
$144
$139
4,344 results
All reviewswreck bardos caminosyankee clipperthe mexican restaurantinfinity poolbeach barprivate beachbeach staffcorner roomvalet parkingwater taxilas olaspre cruisemermaidtowerftlauderdale
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stared here for a couple of nights after flying into Miami from the UK. It was rush hour when we arrived but the journey was relatively straightforward, with the car park over the road from the main reception. The rooms and facilities were good and the proximity to the beach and Water Taxi system made it an ideal place to start our holiday in Florida.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel prior to leaving for a cruise. The traffic in Fort Lauderdale was crazy, but we made it. Once arriving, check in was quick & easy. The layout of the hotel is odd, it is very spread out with long corridors & different towers & elevators. It is right on the beach, which is nice. But it is right next to the public beach parking, which is a little unpleasant due to early morning volleyball players making noise, but it wasn't that big of a deal. We were with another party & they were put in a much better room with a much better view & a balcony (all the way across the hotel). That was weird because we booked at the same time & paid the same price??? Not smart to do when 2 groups are together & will see each other's room. We were also told many different things from the concierge, one day they were nice about setting up a rental car, the next day they were rude & gave different info. And them a car to the cruise ship, they tell you there are no taxis & you have to pay $8 a person for there shuttle, then it goes to $10 per person, then when we were ready to go (not using a shuttle) we walked outside & there were taxis sitting there. We took one for $20 for 4 people. Just no consistency happening. If u want dinner, look elsewhere, or have a reservation. And don't even mention room service, it took almost 2 hrs.
**just a side note, I have never had any issues with my credit card, & never used it any other place, besides this hotel, & the number was mysteriously stolen?? And charges made to it while I was on the cruise, out of the country & I never used it on any islands I went to, I'm not saying it was this hotel for sure, but I don't know where else it could have been, seriously, $700 to a Verizon store in Fort Lauderdale, I don't even have Verizon or even have a phone in my name. My card never came out of my pocket except to check in**
I did not let the credit card thing effect my review though, as it is not 100% known if it was there doings.
All in all, probly will check a different hotel next time I'm in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Dink1525
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Dink1525: Thank you for taking the time to share your review with our Trip Advisor Community. We apologize for the challenges and difficulties you encountered throughout your stay as this is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests. Know that I have shared your comments with our team and please trust that they will be looking into this further. With four main buildings as part of the hotel, we understand that this can be a challenge due to the layout of the property; however a majority of our outlets are centrally located in the main building to provide easy access for all guests. Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our extended family (of 25) stayed at the Sheraton for a family reunion. While the rooms needed updating... the service was excellent. Good food (Dos Camenos & Starbucks+, beautiful beach... and the staff at the beach was beyond accommodating (Thanks Rudy!!)
We'll be returning next year

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Karen F
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Karen F: Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, pool area, and the view of the beach! It was a pleasure having you and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was my Wife's and my first stay here, since the renovation 4 or 5 years ago. My comments might be somewhat biased, as we love the Starwood Program and the Family of Hotels. We travel extensively, on a yearly, basis, both for business and pleasure and, although we get a lot of the complaints by some travellers, to us, they are all fixable. It starts with the excellent personnel that Starwood employs. We were checked in by a Customer Service Agent by the name of Bezen. Her interpersonal skills were excellent. We had a few questions that needed some checking with a manager. She checked with Jessica, whom we did not meet, but provided a solution to our questions. Thank You, Jessica! My point is that all Starwood personnel are willing to solve any situation, given the chance.

We stayed, here, post cruise and had a room in the Beach Tower. We stayed in the North Tower, previous, to the renovations. We absolutely, loved our room and stay. This Hotel is right on the beach. We love stepping out and going for those beach walks. Speaking of walking, it is an easy walk to the Los Olas area of Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd with all the restaurants and shops. If you are OK with walking, it is about a 45 minute walk over the SE 17th bridge (port way), to get to the Harbor Shops Plaza. Publix, Totally Wine, restaurants, other shops are all there.

A nice feature of this Hotel is the Green Program, where you can collect 500 Starwood points per day or a $5 gift voucher, if you choose to not have housekeeping service for a day. We still get fresh towels, if needed and supplies from the Housekeeping staff, if you need it. They just don't come in and make your bed (I make my own, regardless) and do the usual cleaning. We are tidy people anyway, so this is a nice bonus program, for us. I always appreciate the Housekeeping personnel, they work so hard. Akala, our 4th Floor Housekeeping agent and his Supervisor Leo, were very helpful with any supplies we needed. Their interpersonal skills were excellent. It is always a good idea to leave a daily tip to these people for their service. They work so hard and can be a thankless job, at times. I walk by some rooms with doors ajar and think that I would hate to going in there to clean up. Remember, the suggested tip rate is $1.50 to $2 per person, per night. If you are people who just like to leave your room condition to the housekeeping, then they do deserve that daily tip.

The Fitness Room is well equipped and a good size. The Starwood Hotels seem to get it with their investment into fitness rooms. They have the LifeFitness aerobic equipment, which is top of the line and excellent weights and equipment.

Upon checking out, Stacey provided the usual excellent Customer Service and Sherman (hope I spelled your name correctly?) the Front Desk Manager was very accommodating, as well.

For Location, Family stays, business stays and the facilities, I easily, recommend this Hotel. And, I am already scheduled to be back in April for my pre-cruise.

Room Tip: Talk to your Check-in Representative about what your wants and needs are. If you have a problem, give the personnel a chance to fix it. They are in the business of making your stay comfortable and enjoyable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank gtylor

Dear gtylor: Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent stay at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our private beach and hotel location. Thank you again for your comments and for your continued patronage to our hotel and SPG.

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel because I wanted to be on the ocean and not across the street so from that point it was great. Small pool but doable for my little guy - not much for my older one. This is not as close to the pulse of ft Lauderdale so if looking for more action go further north. If looking to be in a quieter setting then this is perfect. Rooms are average - we were in tower so it was easier to the pool but not in main building...there's always trade offs. Nothing fancy so if looking for that - this is not the place to stay either. Ours was a last minute trip.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Imajerseygirlhere

Dear Imajerseygirlhere: Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review about your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback and all of the great compliments surrounding our outlets and beautiful location on Fort Lauderdale Beach. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our beachfront property.