B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
Conrad.com
snooze(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$130
$90
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$188
$127
$119
$393
$379
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$239
$178
$159
$424
Travelocity
$198
Hotwire.com
4,300 results
All reviewswreck bardos caminosyankee clipperthe mexican restaurantinfinity poolbeach barprivate beachbeach staffcorner roomvalet parkingwater taxilas olaspre cruisemermaidtowerftlauderdale
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Overall the hotel was decent. We stayed in the beach tower and though the room was pretty nice. I read bad things about being in the main building so we called and switched that.

The pool area is pretty small but it is nice having the beach right there. Get out early if you want beach chairs near the water. We ordered food on the beach from their restaurant, not worth it. We waited forever, it was pretty pricey for not being that good.

We tried to catch the mermaid show but the little bar they have it in was packed so we went up to the pool deck to watch, nothing exciting. We went back downstairs and caught some of it from the bar area. It wasn't as cool as they talk it up to be, just girls swimming and waving with fins on.

We would stay here again since it has it's own beach area, clean rooms and overall the staff was pretty friendly.

Room Tip: We chose a room in the beach tower so we did not have an exterior entrance.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear FC507: Thank you for sharing your great review about your recent stay. We appreciate you letting us know what you liked most about the hotel. We hope choose Sheraton next time you visit Ft. Lauderdale!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel is the perfect place to go if you want to unwind and relax and be pampered. I visit this hotel more than any other hotel in the world for several reasons. The staff at this hotel are so friendly and work hard to please their guests. The VIP team always contact me a few days before my arrival to see what special requests I may have. I had the pleasure of meeting one of the VIP team members, Vivienne, when I checked in to the hotel. Vivienne was so professional and cordial and made me feel like someone really special. Upon arriving in my room, I was greeted with an unexpected gift of various complimentary drinks on ice. The VIP team at this hotel are constantly full of pleasant surprises that exceed my expectations. What a nice way to start to unwind on vacation. The beach and pool staff are amazing as well. Anthony goes out of his way to make sure everything is perfect at the beach. On one occasion recently, Anthony even delivered me a message from a friend. It's obvious he takes his job seriously and wants to please the guests. I have had great food service with Vanessa and Monica. They always have a friendly smile and make sure you don't run out of drinks. Since I visit this property frequently, it's nice to get to know the staff and be treated like royalty. Cecile, Jackson, and Rudy also go out of their way to make me feel special on the beach. greeting me and taking time to find out how I have been since my last visit. The staff at the restaurant Dos Caminos are all very attentive and it makes dining there so enjoyable. The hotel has security staff who keep a close eye on things which makes me feel safe when I take my kids there. The pool area is so attractive with tropical plants and palm trees. The hotel is located at the end of the busy strip, so it's a perfect location for some peace and relaxation. The views from the rooms are breathtaking. It's so nice to be able to wake up watching the waves and the sunrise from your bed. I have recommended this hotel to all of my colleagues, and they all agree with me about this resort.

Room Tip: The beach tower and south tower are my favorite. The main building has suites that are very large and private with an outdoor balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Rod46: Thank you for sharing your 5-star review with us and the rest of our Trip Advisor community. We are pleased to hear that our staff was accommodating to your needs, and that you enjoyed all of our wonderful Sheraton amenities. We hope to see you again in the near future for another great stay here on Fort Lauderdale Beach!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Super nice hotel, just off the loud part of the strip. We had a great room in beach tower and once you went out the door there was beach volleyball like 10 nets so there was a great many places to play just steps from the room. The pool was beautiful and clean. Went to the hotel because of the article about Mermaid show in Wreck Bar, that was OK bar got real crowded we went upstairs and watched from the top for a few minutes and went back to look in again over the tops of peoples heads. Was more exciting for little girls I think then anyone else . Ate at the Dos Caminos and that was fantastic, warning if you get 2 appetizers don't get a lot of dinner they give you a lot!!! The nachos were the best I ever had. Hotel was clean , beds were very comfortable, I would prefer 2 queen beds instead of doubles but it is what it is. But they were clean rooms and very nice staff. Everyone there was wanting to help with something and always a smile. I would recommend this for people with younger kids who don't ant to be in the middle of the bar scene hotels . You still get the beach and you can walk or golf cart taxi to the bars later. Was a real nice time. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Beach Tower is best for you if you want a pool and direct beach access and volleyball. Bring your ball and put your name on it there are a lot of people playing out there!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear mamashuz: Thank you for sharing your review about our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities along with our beach front location. We will be passing your positive comments along to management, and we hope to be seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

To start we woke up an had no ac or hotel water.
How can I ever give the Sheraton a bad rap for that when they put us on the 8th floor on the corner with a view to kill!!! We had both beach and bay view! The most beautiful sunrise I've ever seen in my life! Thank goodness for faulty water an ac!
Now on to the beach!!! I'll tell ya! I've never met a more energetic, helpful, thoughtful young man than Alan! He is the man with the power of chairs, towels and good times!! He kept us smiling as we kept him laughing! He will remember us. Middle aged women forever! We taught him all about twerking lol. Please give him a big thank you from all of us!
The mermaid show is a must see! The girls at the desk explained it perfect!! They come alive and they defiantly do! Vibrant colors, big smiles!! They all but seduce you with there energy!! Don't miss it!

Room Tip: Room 855!!!!!! A must see view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear HJM1971: Thank you for the awesome feedback, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay! The hotel is honored to have you as a loyal customer and we would love to have you stay with us next time you are visiting Fort Lauderdale Beach!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel reminds you of the 1950's in Ft Lauderdale and Miami. With a unique shape and character to the grounds. You can almost imagine Frank Sinatra, Marilyn Monroe, and Dean Martin pulling into the Valet.

... but this part of Ft Lauderdale has changed over the years. it's not as desirable as it once was, and the property is in need of "Updating". We awoke on a beautiful Florida morning, with clear skies, and a view of the ocean, beach, and volleyball courts, AND an unfortunate family sleeping just outside our picture window on a large piece of cardboard =(

Heartbreaking, yes, but a reminder of what was happening to this area! Hopefully someday, it will turn around, but until it does I can't recommend this property.

Room Tip: At one point in time, I'm sure this was the place to be, but times have changed. This area is not what it once was, and this property is in serious need of a "Face Lift"
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric B

Dear Eric B: Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We apologize for the difficulties you experienced during your recent stay with us as this is certaintly not a typical situation at our property. We take our guests comments very seriously, and we will be sure to pass yours along to our management team for future improvements. We hope that you choose to stay with us in the future so that we may show you an improved experience.