B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
$100
$269
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$194
  • Pool
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$109
$144
$139
Orbitz.com
4,344 results
All reviewswreck bardos caminosyankee clipperthe mexican restaurantinfinity poolbeach barprivate beachbeach staffcorner roomvalet parkingwater taxilas olaspre cruisemermaidtowerftlauderdale
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here for one night. In retrospect I should have probably booked at the Westin or W (we are Starwood Gold members). The Sheraton served its purpose for the night, but it is a pretty dated hotel. The lobby is very nice and modern. It is apparent that they spent some time and money renovating the lobby, but the rooms have not been updated in quite some time. The property is really 3 hotels joined into 1 with a walkway that crosses the main road. To go from the garage to a room in the South building takes 3 different elevators in order to get to your room. Not really the management’s fault, but definitely a design issue.

The room we had was across the hall from an elevator. I am a heavy sleeper so the noise from people waiting for the elevator did not bother me, but I can definitely see others having issues with it. When I checked in, the staff was very friendly so I am sure that if I had requested a new room away from the elevator, they would have been happy to comply. Utlimately it was not an issue for me, but for others it could be.

The view from the room was very nice. I was able to see the beach and ocean from it. The room itself was pretty large and there was plenty of space to relax in there. The chair and ottoman seemed a bit worn and the bathroom was rather small, especially compared with the size of the room. The furniture in the room seemed to be a bit older as well.

Overall though, I think that Sheraton needs to update the rooms in the hotel. I don’t think that they can make the layout of the property any easier to maneuver, so I doubt that will ever get better. Ultimately, based on these observations, I would likely look at the other Starwood properties the next time that I am in the area.

Room Tip: Avoid South Tower rooms near the elevator as the hallway noise can get loud.
1  Thank sbe74
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear sbe74: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. Your suggestions are very important to us, as we are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our products. Thank you again for your feedback and for also sharing the positives about your stay and what you enjoyed most about our oceanfront oasis!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great location in Ft. Lauderdale. Hotel is right on the beach. Like other reviews the front desk needs some professional people working it. I was the only one checking in at the time, and she acted like she hated her job. We are spg gold, and she never offered our freebee. I had to call from the room to remind them I have free internet. Low and behold it was on my bill at checkout. I would recommend staying in the beach tower. It's much more convenient to the beach and the pool and pool bar. The rooms are clean and spacious, unlike other areas of the rooms. Worth the extra few dollars. It was a fun place to hang and party. We had a great vacation. The really get you for parking though. $20 a day plus tax is over the top for people that are staying there. They only charge $10 to the public. Not good.

Room Tip: Stay in the beach tower.
1  Thank LoBoexp

Dear LoBoexp: Greetings from Sunny Fort Lauderdale Beach! Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay at the oceanfront Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our beautiful location and hope that your travels will bring you back to our property again very soon! Thank you for also sharing your suggestions on how we can improve.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach is a great vacation spot! We spent 8 enjoyable days. The beach is so beautiful and the beach staff are very accommodating. The beach chairs with the thick cushions make for a great afternoon nap. Everyone who works at this Sheraton is extremely friendly and they aim to please. There is such a sunny disposition about the place besides the great weather, because the staff are so nice. We have visited this Sheraton many times and have always had a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Linda L: Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent stay at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our private beach and hotel location. Thank you again for your comments, they are much appreciated!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed after our Caribbean cruise. Disembarking the ship took place at 9am and we arrived at the hotel before 10. The staff was very helpful - although a room wasn't ready to check in to they provided us access to the facilities and stored our luggage while we were free to roam the grounds and Fort Lauderdal. As soon as a room was available for check in they called my phone to notify us.

The location on the beach and the service are fantastic!

Room Tip: The rooms across the street from the beach are quieter but, still easy access to all of the facilities.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Just flying home from a wonderful week....hotel was very clean...had king size bed very comfy...we stayed in an ocean view room with balcony on the 3rd floor..great view...small room but having the balcony was worth it...beach area very immaculate...it was a private beach which was nice so that they would wait on you out there...only hotel guests could use the chairs....Starbucks in lobby...bar out by pool...excellent hotel for the price...lots of restaurants to walk to...did not really need a car...just a great location...would return in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: Ocean front balcony room we were in 322