“Great attention to detail especially in the restaurant”

B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #45 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for two nights before going on a cruise. The view from the room was amazing, uninterrupted view across the beach to the sea - wow!! It wasn't a special category of room but truly unexpected to have such a stunning view. I have very specific food needs (no dairy, no wheat) and the restaurant pulled out all the stops to make sure that my food was totally safe without making any sort of big deal about it. I had never eaten Mexican before, I loved it. Thank you, waiting & kitchen staff, you went above & beyond. I was really nervous before I left home but I had no problems at all. I loved the pool by the beach, the help from the concierge & porter, you all made our stay special.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the sea have an amazing view. We were in the tower which was reached by a walkw...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susan F

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here one night before joining a cruise. The room was booked through Princess Cruise Lines. We were met at the airport, taken to the hotel and our luggage went directly to our room, all very smoothly. Check in was seemless. While we had read a number of unfavourable review on Tripadvisor we had no issues at all with this hotel. The room was fine and had a great view of the beach. As for the bed and pillows, wow so so comfortable. Note to Sheraton you should sell these pillows we will buy some !!!! Eat supper in their restaurant Dos Caminos. A beautiful restaurant and the food was great. Yes a little expensive but a very comfortable well kept restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NiagaraDave
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear NiagaraDave: Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your stay at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. We look forward to your next visit to beautiful Fort Lauderdale Beach!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

A beautiful hotel in the heart of Fort Lauderdale. We were there for a catered wedding reception. It has a fun lobby with lots of entertaining features, and a restaurant/bar with beautiful fish tanks, used as a location in the movie 'Analyze This' with Billy Crystal and Robert De Niro. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Every aspect of the wedding management went smoothly. It was a very pleasant experience overall.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I visited the Sheraton recently (10/29 - 11/2) and were very pleased, especially based upon the rate I was able to book through priceline. I have rated the property as 3-star, but would have given 3.5 if that was an option. Wouldn't give it 4 stars overall, although there are definitely certain aspects that I would consider to be at that level. We did not eat in the restaruant on property, but it looked very inviting and we definitely would have if we had not had a rental car. The one item we did eat from within the hotel was from the snack bar/mini-deli within the internet cafe, and it was very good (prices were a bit high perhaps, but not unexpectedly so based on the property being an actual oceanfront one - at least to some extent, more on that below). The self parking fee of $20 was originally a disappointment to me, but after experiencing the friendly, helpful staff at the garage kiosk every time we entered or left with our car, I ended up feeling like it was money very well spent. To expand on the staff, every single member of the staff we interacted with were outstanding. The young men manning the post at the beach couldn't have been more helpful and were always cheerful and asking if they could do anything else for us. This property consists of 3 (perhaps 4) buildings. The lobby and check-in are centrally located in the center building, with the parking garage accross the street (accessable either by crossing the street directly, or via an enclosed walkway above the street). The beach is literally right outside the 3rd of the buildings, in which our room was located. Therefore, our walk from our room to the beach was very short. The walk to our car was quite a bit longer. This was no problem for my wife and I, and actually was welcomed. For guests who might not be as mobile, this might be something that could impact a decision to stay here though. We will definitely intend to return, although I will be looking to book at an equal or similar rate. One last thing, the fitness center was VERY good (key-card access, quite large, very clean, good selection of new equipment, cold water and clean towels were always well stocked).

Room Tip: Higher floors in the beach tower are ideal unless you prefer to be closer to the lobby/restaurant/in...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rthorntonPA
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear rthorntonPA: We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your time with us at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. Thank you for praising all of our F&B outlets and friendly staff service. We hope to see you again soon for your next stay on beautiful Fort Lauderdale Beach.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I will say from the start that we did get this room at a discounted price; may not have been as happy if I had paid twice the amount for the room but we felt we got great value for the price.

The room, while probably really a 3-star was very nice, clean, and quiet. I think, though, that the location of this hotel and the staff are what make it a 4-star.

At check-in, we were told we were upgraded (everyone seems to tell us that lately so I am a little skeptical). At first we were assigned to a 3rd floor room in the Marina building but I asked for a higher floor (since I had read the lower floors views are blocked by trees). So they did change it and put us in a higher floor room with a very nice view of the ocean.

Even though we did have a bit of a convoluted walk to the beach, since we had driven our own truck we just left our beach stuff (chairs, boogie-boards, etc) in the truck and picked it up and dropped it off in our truck on our way back and forth to the beach. The elevator from the room took you right to the parking level. Then you did have to cross the street and walk through the beach building to get to the beach but we didn't think it was that bad. If we had had little ones with us, it may have been a bit more of an issue. But, really, the beach was right there and it was nice to have it so close.

The parking lot, even though it was $20 per day, was fine. It had in-and-out privileges, with someone at the kiosk at all hours, as far as we could tell. If you left the hotel in your car and went down the street to park, there were generally parking fees involved so better to leave the car at the hotel and walk to your destination, if it wasn't too far.

Almost every one of the staff was awesome also - couldn't be nicer and more willing to help. There was the issue someone else mentioned at the front desk - they do not want you to take the luggage cart yourself but rather that you use their bell-hop. I saw another guest take the cart so I thought it was ok but when I did the girl from behind the registration desk literally came running after me to stop using the cart. Guess she didn't see the other guy also do it. Aside from her though, everyone else who worked there was super.

The Mexican restaurant inside might not be to everyone's taste as it is not all "traditional" Mexican food but the Happy Hour Margaritas are not to be missed!

Initially, after reading all the varying reviews, I was a little concerned about getting this hotel but would stay in this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear MAJ0426: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. We are so glad to hear that our enthusiastic staff went above and beyond to make your Sheraton stay even more enjoyable. We look forward to your next visit to Sunny Fort Lauderdale Beach!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Recently booked this property very last minute via Priceline. We had a nice corner room with extra space and wonderful ocean views. The furnishings were all very modern and in great condition.

The infinity pool was heated and there were plenty of chairs and cabanas.

We also enjoyed the complimentary beach chairs.

It was a great deal considering I booked it very last minute @ $81 per night. Parking is $20 per day.

I would highly recommend this part of the beach, it's not as busy. A perfect weekend getaway.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DDTPA

Dear DDTPA: Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent stay at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our private beach and fresh Sheraton amenities. Thank you again for your comments, they are much appreciated!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I'm writing this review sitting in the hotel room. We just got here. You'd think at $250 for a night, paying extra for the "Ocean View" in the "Beach Tower" that you'd be able to open some sliding doors and step out to enjoy the fresh breeze.

You'd be wrong. No windows open in this entire hotel. So incredibly stifling. Do NOT come here. I called the front desk "No windows open anywhere in the hotel, it'd be a security breach. Actually windows in most hotels don't open." Yeah, unless you're at the beach, and expect to be able to breathe other than the clammy A/C air.

What a waste. I can't wait until American corporate culture changes to embrace... nature perhaps?

Room Tip: Unfortunately, none of the rooms have windows that open, and the "ocean view"? Totally ov...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dano163

Dear Dano163: Please accept our sincere apologies for your disappointment with our hotel, as this is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests. We truly value your feedback have notified Hotel Management ensure action is taken on the areas you described that need improvement. Thank you again for taking the time to share your review, as we are always looking for ways to improve our product and service.