The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is right on a sandy beach. It is at the edge of the strip, so you can walk along a paved path that runs along the beach to many bars and restaurants. (In the evening we passed some homeless people near the hotel, but they didn't ask us for money.) It is about a block walk to the water taxi (which is really cool). We stayed 2 nights, and would have liked to stay another because the location was good, but decided it was a bit to pricey.
As for the hotel, it is mostly run down. It is also very large and spread out, so you might have to walk quite a ways to get to the pool or bar area. I believe there are three large buildings.
There are some areas on the property that are really very fancy and nice, such as their infinity pool and the Wreck bar. About 20 percent of the hotel is really fancy like the picture on their website, the other 80 percent looks pertty run down like the pictures you will see submitted on this site by people who stayed there. The beds were very comforable and clean, but the rest of the room was outdated and old. Much of the property though, is quite old and run down looking. The pictures online made it look like we would have a balcony, but I didn't see any rooms with balconys. Also, there are other buildings in front of this hotel, so even with a beach view you will not have that great of a view.
Self park is $20 and Valet is $25 per day. Internet is $10 per day, per device.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For the ultimate oceanfront experience in South Florida, look no further than B Ocean Resort in Fort Lauderdale. Located directly on the pristine white sand beach, B Ocean Resort is where you'll want to B for the ultimate beach vacation. With 486 bright and airy guest rooms and suites, B Ocean Resort features the most desirable amenities, including FreeB™ WiFi, 2 outdoor pools, a private beach, the B Active Fitness Center, and delectable dining at Dos Caminos, the famed Wreck Bar and Beach Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yankee Clipper Hotel Florida
- Yankee Clipper Motel
- Sheraton Yankee Clipper Fort Lauderdale
- Sheraton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Sheraton