We have stayed at this Sheraton (aka the Yankee Clipper) on several occasions, twice recently. The location and setting is perfect with beach immediately available and a very acceptable pool area, complete with poolside bar and food service. Rooms are nice regardless of where you choose to stay, although we prefer the balcony rooms in the Yankee Clipper section, even through they are more expensive. There are also two towers (without balcony rooms) and, of these two, the beachside tower is recommended because it is more convenient to amenities. Inside the Yankee Clipper portion of the hotel is the Wreck Bar with underwater windows to the pool (providing some interesting viewing) a good coffee cafe and Dos Caminos, an excellent Mexican restaurant. You have to pay for room internet access, which is irritating, but that seems to be the common factor among hotels today. If you pay, it works well and fast. You can self park without too much inconvenience if you don't want valet and the hotel staff is uniformly friendly. The clientele is a real mixed bag of American and foreign visitors, but we haven't noticed any issues with loud or obnoxious guests or noise issues in general.
Lauderdale is interesting because no hotels are allowed on the beach side of Ocean Boulevard and it has 7 miles of continuous beach that is groomed nightly. This hotel is at the southernmost end on the beach and, if you are a runner, it is the starting point along the uninterupted beach or sidewalk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For the ultimate oceanfront experience in South Florida, look no further than B Ocean Resort in Fort Lauderdale. Located directly on the pristine white sand beach, B Ocean Resort is where you'll want to B for the ultimate beach vacation. With 486 bright and airy guest rooms and suites, B Ocean Resort features the most desirable amenities, including FreeB™ WiFi, 2 outdoor pools, a private beach, the B Active Fitness Center, and delectable dining at Dos Caminos, the famed Wreck Bar and Beach Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yankee Clipper Hotel Florida
- Yankee Clipper Motel
- Sheraton Yankee Clipper Fort Lauderdale
- Sheraton Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Sheraton