“No Likey!”

B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #43 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Basically, as soon as we arrived in our room, we quickly looked for somewhere else to go.

I will say that the lobby was jumping with people and it puts on a good front when you first get through the lobby. However...
Our room was in another building from the main building. To get there, we had to basically go under a garage/garbage storage area. Then when we got to our room, as soon as I opened the door and looked to my left I saw the bathroom with the severly stained toilet bowl that was running. As I walked further in, I noticed that the room looked old. The decor in my opinion looked dated and the room just looked old -lol. I will say the view was AWESOME!!! I can not stress that enough! However, I just couldn't do it. The staff decided to refund us our money (which they happened to charge us twice) and try to get us in to another hotel. My boyfriend and I was so disgusted that we just didn't want to stay at any hotel that was Sheraton affliated. So we left and stayed at another hotel chain. That was early in our week. We were told that we would get a refund, but when we checked on it the following week, we were told that the refund was not even sent for processing yet. Boo...

Parking is cheap - $6.00/ day, but you have to park it yourself across the street in a garage. I think that is reasonable for self parking.

Overall - I would never stay here, though I see people have given it good ratings. It isn't for me though - very loud and just not what I was looking for. I do appreciate all the staffs effort to make us comfortable and trying to be accomodating. Good customer service is hard to find so I must give credit where credit is due.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
sinceresfbh, Manager at B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2011

Dear MeandRoger: Thank you for your comments about the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel; they are very much appreciated as this will help us to improve the quality of service and the product we provide to our customers. Thank you for also acknowledging what you enjoyed most about the hotel along with the areas that need improvement.

We understand that providing our guests with a clean and well maintained guestroom is number one priority and we sincerely regret that we failed to deliver such a room to you during your stay. Rest assured your feedback will be shared with both our housekeeping and engineering teams. Again, thank you for your comments and review about our hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,088)

Reviewed March 17, 2011

Had the pleasure of spending eight nights at the sheraton fort lauderdale beach previously the yankee clipper. We got the best service at the pool from Michelle Lacroix She was professional pleasant and gave the best service ever always with a big smile. The hotel was exceptionally clean. The staff throughout the hotel were fabulous. Always ready to see to your needs with a smile. I am looking forward to staying there again without a doubt.Great location. Only disadvantage were the parking fees.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Bosgirlcb: Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your recent stay at the newly renovated Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. We are thrilled to hear you had such a great time and enjoyed the service at the Beach Bar & Grill. Michelle is truly an amazing asset to our team and she will be very excited to hear your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful beachfront hotel. Cheers from Sunny Fort Lauderdale Beach!

Reviewed March 15, 2011

I enjoyed this hotel but I found check-in to be long. We arrived at around 9am (fresh off a cruise) and didn't get our room until 2 pm. The hotel has 3 buildings and we were in the one most convenient to the beach and beach pool (with partial oceanview).
The property has a very nice heated infinity pool (but no hot-tub)! The service was friendly and I found my room to be very spacious and clean.
We were a few steps from the Jungle Queen tours and maybe a 10 minute walk to Los Olas blvd and shops.
Free internet for guests! Phone calls are subject to a charge per call in the room, even for local calls.
There was some construction going on with the beach walkway right next to the hotel, and I found that the hotel is next to a busy street. But once passed the construction site you can easily walk on the beach path.
Very nice hotel, right on the beach, and away from the hustle and bustle of the spring break crowd! Very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2011

We stayed here two nights prior to our cruise and one night after the cruise due to the great location . The pool and beach area are great but the room is pretty dingy. The first impression of my room was musty and dirty. The bathroom floors were not mopped and the rugs had some bad stains on them. Plus both of us had some severe nasal problems due to the poor ventilation of the hotel. I just figured that it was that specific room and not the hotel. When we returned from our cruise the room was cleaner but we still had the musty odor. While we were walking to our room we were greeted by a group of 20 college students carrying a case of beer and half gallons of vodka. Needless to say the night consisted of a frat party outside our door with door slams and yelling. I expected to walk over passed out party goers when I left at 6 that morning. I am pretty easy going and I have been to Vegas and seen "Army of Drinkers" that were more polite in the hallways. I will not be going back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Nice staff, great area with big beaches.
Room at the beach tower are amazing, full window on the beach, great relaxation !

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed there for 2 nights after our cruise. We checked in at around 10 am and was told our room would be ready by noon - went shopping and asked the desk clerk to e-mail on my blackberry when room is ready. We receeived the e-mail at 4 pm.

We returned to hotel, got our room keys and were told our luggage would be delivered in 5 minutes. Waited 15 minutes and phoned front desk - told luggage would be up in 5 minutes - arrived about 10 minutes later.

Went to hotel bar for a drink before going out to dinner - $ 15.50 for a gin and tonic and a coors light beer. Wife wanted milk for her cereal in room in morning - paid $3.18 for a 200 ml container.

On our second night here was no corkscrew in our room to open our bottle of wine so I called room service at 6:50 - had to call again at 7;25 - left for dinner at 7:40 - still no corkscrew - was on the desk in our room when we arrived back at 10:30.

Service not good enough for a hotel which cost us almost $600.00 for 2 nights sleep. Also refused to eat there because of prices.

Very clean hotel with great location and good internet service. Guess management considers those things more important than good service and reasonable prices.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We stayed a long weekend, a little mini "spring break" and had a great time, hotel is clean, staff friendly and helpful, and our tower room had a great view.

There is no free breakfast, parking or Internet, and I think paying guests should get free parking and it isn't cheap here either.

There are free computers and printing in the business center, so this is a plus for those not wanting to lug around your laptop on a trip.

Very close to the cruise port, so very nice for pre or post cruise stays.

Plenty of restaurants and attractions within walking distance too.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple