4,515 results
All reviews across the street water taxi warm cookies convenience store partial ocean view easy access to the beach pool bar lauderdale beach an older hotel restaurants and bars fitness center las olas ocean front spring break pre cruise cruise port skywalk
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Saw alot of mixed reviews on this place was a little worried but booked it anyway. Only bad thing I could say was the balcony wouldnt lock called front desk they sent someone right up he put a safety bar in which fell off the wall 1 minute after he left. Other then that it was perfect great location across from the beach. Had a marina we stayed there prior to our cruise would stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Staying at the Bahia Mar Beach Resort was a great experience. The facility is well maintained and the staff are courteous and helpful. The food at the hotel was excellent. The location along A1A was great. you are within a short walking distance from other restaurants, bars, and shopping. I enjoyed my stay and would take my family on a vacation to this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2010

Hotel is up for a remodel this spring. An amazing property with it's own marina, across from the beach and ft. Lauderdale Kitesurfing. People are friendly and the Resturant goes out of it's way to serve you. Special commendation to Esther. I have been coming there for years now and she is the one that remembers me and makes my stay special. Thank you! I would recommend it after it's remodel the rooms really need it. But still worth a visit now.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Bahia Mar was a great hotel to stay. We stayed in the marina building with a "courtyard" view, which pretty much equates to a partial ocean view, as you could see the ocean and beach from our window. The walkway to get to the beach was great - very convenient. Also felt safe because the doors would not open without your key after a certain time. I can't comment on the restaurant or pool because we did not go. The pool did look very nice, however. You are only a few blocks away from the block of restaurants and bars down A1A (walking distance) so we found it more appealing to try some of the local places and SIT OUTSIDE by the water! =) Sure the hotel is sort of on its own further south down the beach, as the W and Sheraton and all of those places are further up the beach.

The concierge, Ellen, was excellent and most helpful while we stayed. She is always full of suggestions and knowledge of the area. She was the staff member we had the most interaction with. Definitely stop to see her if you stay at the hotel.

You probably don't need a car if you are flying directly into Ft. Lauderdale and staying around there, planning to take public transportation, etc. We had a car as we drove up from Miami, but once we arrived we hardly used the car. Very close to the airport - you could save on the $18 per day parking fee this way.

I'd definitely return to this hotel again.

Date of stay: November 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I stayed at the Bahia Mar for a pre-cruise get-together. I liked it so much, I booked 2 more nights after the cruise. It is right across from a beautiful beach with a walkway for guests. The personnel at the hotel are eager to help in any way from the front desk to the bellmen. It has a nice pool and work-out area as well as a bar and restaurant. Wi-Fi connection is free to guests. Although not complimentary, the breakfast buffet is wonderful. I will definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: November 2010