4,430 results
All reviewsacross the streetwater taxiwarm cookiesconvenience storepartial ocean vieweasy access to the beachpool barfort lauderdale beachan older hotelfitness centerrestaurants and shopslas olasocean frontspring breakpre cruisecruise portft
Reviewed December 2, 2010

Bahia Mar was a great hotel to stay. We stayed in the marina building with a "courtyard" view, which pretty much equates to a partial ocean view, as you could see the ocean and beach from our window. The walkway to get to the beach was great - very convenient. Also felt safe because the doors would not open without your key after a certain time. I can't comment on the restaurant or pool because we did not go. The pool did look very nice, however. You are only a few blocks away from the block of restaurants and bars down A1A (walking distance) so we found it more appealing to try some of the local places and SIT OUTSIDE by the water! =) Sure the hotel is sort of on its own further south down the beach, as the W and Sheraton and all of those places are further up the beach.

The concierge, Ellen, was excellent and most helpful while we stayed. She is always full of suggestions and knowledge of the area. She was the staff member we had the most interaction with. Definitely stop to see her if you stay at the hotel.

You probably don't need a car if you are flying directly into Ft. Lauderdale and staying around there, planning to take public transportation, etc. We had a car as we drove up from Miami, but once we arrived we hardly used the car. Very close to the airport - you could save on the $18 per day parking fee this way.

I'd definitely return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I stayed at the Bahia Mar for a pre-cruise get-together. I liked it so much, I booked 2 more nights after the cruise. It is right across from a beautiful beach with a walkway for guests. The personnel at the hotel are eager to help in any way from the front desk to the bellmen. It has a nice pool and work-out area as well as a bar and restaurant. Wi-Fi connection is free to guests. Although not complimentary, the breakfast buffet is wonderful. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Hotel could use some remodeling but it was very comfortable, clean and spacious. It has a nice food store out front (great sandwiches, dinner, wine, snacks etc.) a large pool area (water was very warm) and an overpass that you walk on to get to very large public beach. The lobby area was top notch, restaurant/bar were very good and property is a bit spread out so it gives appearance of a real big place. Checkin was very courteous and efficient. I had ocean view and it was very nice. It is a bit closer to airport but most hotels are nearby so the airport transfer times don't differ that much. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Nice hotel with great location right across the beach and right in the marina, we loved our marinawiev room, yes it was a bit rundown, but it was big with a nice bed.
The hotel has a nice poolarea, free computers in the lobby and a cool little store where they sell cheap food ect
We loved Fort Lauderdale and will defenitely go back and will stay at Bahia Mar again

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We stayed at the Bahia Mar for three nights. On the 2nd night upon returning back from dinner there was a cockroach in the room underneath the air condtioning unit. (These being the old fashioned type like radiators not up on the ceiling modern ones.) The room was quite old fashioned and in need of refurbishment, the carpet was fraying at the edges. The minibar made a continuous noise of trickling water. All in all the price was reasonable only when comparing it with other hotels nearby and because the location was good but we have had much better in other hotels further away.
We were charged a little more than the agreed price and they could not explain why however because I didn't have the name of the person who agreed the price or a confirmation in writing I was unable to do anything about it. I was travelling and made the reservation on internet but did not have access to a printer. I would not return to this hotel the only good things were the free wireless internet and the location.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family