$100
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

$106
$69
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $82/night.

$89
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

$105
$99
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$135
  • Pool
The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$124
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$177
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Pool
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$139
4,428 results
All reviewsacross the streetwater taxiwarm cookiesconvenience storepartial ocean vieweasy access to the beachpool barfort lauderdale beachan older hotelfitness centerrestaurants and shopslas olasocean frontspring breakpre cruisecruise portft
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I stayed at the Bahia Mar for a pre-cruise get-together. I liked it so much, I booked 2 more nights after the cruise. It is right across from a beautiful beach with a walkway for guests. The personnel at the hotel are eager to help in any way from the front desk to the bellmen. It has a nice pool and work-out area as well as a bar and restaurant. Wi-Fi connection is free to guests. Although not complimentary, the breakfast buffet is wonderful. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Hotel could use some remodeling but it was very comfortable, clean and spacious. It has a nice food store out front (great sandwiches, dinner, wine, snacks etc.) a large pool area (water was very warm) and an overpass that you walk on to get to very large public beach. The lobby area was top notch, restaurant/bar were very good and property is a bit spread out so it gives appearance of a real big place. Checkin was very courteous and efficient. I had ocean view and it was very nice. It is a bit closer to airport but most hotels are nearby so the airport transfer times don't differ that much. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Nice hotel with great location right across the beach and right in the marina, we loved our marinawiev room, yes it was a bit rundown, but it was big with a nice bed.
The hotel has a nice poolarea, free computers in the lobby and a cool little store where they sell cheap food ect
We loved Fort Lauderdale and will defenitely go back and will stay at Bahia Mar again

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We stayed at the Bahia Mar for three nights. On the 2nd night upon returning back from dinner there was a cockroach in the room underneath the air condtioning unit. (These being the old fashioned type like radiators not up on the ceiling modern ones.) The room was quite old fashioned and in need of refurbishment, the carpet was fraying at the edges. The minibar made a continuous noise of trickling water. All in all the price was reasonable only when comparing it with other hotels nearby and because the location was good but we have had much better in other hotels further away.
We were charged a little more than the agreed price and they could not explain why however because I didn't have the name of the person who agreed the price or a confirmation in writing I was unable to do anything about it. I was travelling and made the reservation on internet but did not have access to a printer. I would not return to this hotel the only good things were the free wireless internet and the location.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheryl T
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Really wanted to like this hotel but unfortunately cannot recommend it. GREAT location with beach access but that's about it.

Not sure what the multi-million renovation has actually fixed or improved as many rooms are in bad condition (and I only saw the "new" tower).

We checked in for a 3 night stay, and checked into 2 rooms before finding one that was acceptable.

1st room the bed size was not what we requested, 2nd room was so mildewed we couldn't stand it, 3rd room we saw was fine. We had NO bellman to help us move our bags from room to room. Another couple we were meeting also reported checking into several rooms before just settling for one (their issues were stained carpet, mildewy smell, and cracked walls in their rooms).

There was no self parking available, so only valet service was possible (at the self service price). First night we needed to get our car out we called ahead but still had to wait 25 minutes to get our car, and were late for our dinner.

Housekeeping issues (day 1):
1. We left on Saturday to go out for a couple of hours and told the front desk it would be a good time to clean the room. Came back a couple of hours later at about 1 and the room was NOT cleaned yet.
2. We left a little later that day again for a couple of hours, again told the front desk it would be a good time to clean the room. Came back again and room still not cleaned.
3. Called for extra towels and pillows (since the room had not been cleaned). About an hour later the towels were delivered. Still no pillows. Same guy showed up a half hour later with the pillows.
4. Called for extra toilet paper (again since the room hadn't been cleaned). After an hour we get a "courtesy call" asking if we received it, as I was explaining "no" the courtesy caller PUT ME ON HOLD. I hung up on her. She called back to say we had been disconnected, I said "no you called me, then put me on hold, so I hung up on you". After the toilet paper was delivered we got another courtesy call, this time asking (I'm not kidding here) "are you satisfied with the toilet paper?" My response: "yes it did it's job".
5. We returned to the room at 8pm and it still had NOT been cleaned. After calling to complain, someone eventually stopped by to clean it at some point.

Housekeeping issues (day 2)
1. I left to go for a walk on the beach while my wife slept in. Housekeeping walked in on my sleeping wife EVEN THOUGH THE "DO NOT DISTURB" SIGN WAS ON THE DOOR. Housekeeper's excuse: "sometimes people forget to remove the sign".
2. Room NEVER cleaned today, so we simply requested more towels (and received them).

When my wife called me to tell me she had been walked in on, I went to the concierge who found a manager for me. He said that housekeeping should NEVER walk in on a "Do Not Disturb" sign and apologized. The manager wound up refunding us a portion of one of the night's stay.

I couldn't even post this review while staying at the hotel because the free WiFi in the hotel was broken the whole weekend, including the free terminals in the lobby.

On the plus side:
1. We had a late lunch both days at the pool bar. GREAT burgers and fries. GREAT bartender there named Jeff!
2. Management did try to rectify the situation by providing a partial refund.

The excuse provided by management for the parking situation was that they were still cleaning up after the boat show. I understood but that's not my problem.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple