$131
$110
HIExpress.com
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$120
$116
$110
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$195
  • Pool
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$157
$139
  • Pool
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$246
$206
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$169
$240
$199
Trip.com
4,392 results
All reviewsacross the streetwater taxiwarm cookiesconvenience storepartial ocean vieweasy access to the beachpool barfort lauderdale beachan older hotelfitness centerrestaurants and shopslas olasocean frontspring breakpre cruisecruise portft
Reviewed November 14, 2010

We stayed at the Bahia Mar for three nights. On the 2nd night upon returning back from dinner there was a cockroach in the room underneath the air condtioning unit. (These being the old fashioned type like radiators not up on the ceiling modern ones.) The room was quite old fashioned and in need of refurbishment, the carpet was fraying at the edges. The minibar made a continuous noise of trickling water. All in all the price was reasonable only when comparing it with other hotels nearby and because the location was good but we have had much better in other hotels further away.
We were charged a little more than the agreed price and they could not explain why however because I didn't have the name of the person who agreed the price or a confirmation in writing I was unable to do anything about it. I was travelling and made the reservation on internet but did not have access to a printer. I would not return to this hotel the only good things were the free wireless internet and the location.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheryl T
Reviewed November 11, 2010

Really wanted to like this hotel but unfortunately cannot recommend it. GREAT location with beach access but that's about it.

Not sure what the multi-million renovation has actually fixed or improved as many rooms are in bad condition (and I only saw the "new" tower).

We checked in for a 3 night stay, and checked into 2 rooms before finding one that was acceptable.

1st room the bed size was not what we requested, 2nd room was so mildewed we couldn't stand it, 3rd room we saw was fine. We had NO bellman to help us move our bags from room to room. Another couple we were meeting also reported checking into several rooms before just settling for one (their issues were stained carpet, mildewy smell, and cracked walls in their rooms).

There was no self parking available, so only valet service was possible (at the self service price). First night we needed to get our car out we called ahead but still had to wait 25 minutes to get our car, and were late for our dinner.

Housekeeping issues (day 1):
1. We left on Saturday to go out for a couple of hours and told the front desk it would be a good time to clean the room. Came back a couple of hours later at about 1 and the room was NOT cleaned yet.
2. We left a little later that day again for a couple of hours, again told the front desk it would be a good time to clean the room. Came back again and room still not cleaned.
3. Called for extra towels and pillows (since the room had not been cleaned). About an hour later the towels were delivered. Still no pillows. Same guy showed up a half hour later with the pillows.
4. Called for extra toilet paper (again since the room hadn't been cleaned). After an hour we get a "courtesy call" asking if we received it, as I was explaining "no" the courtesy caller PUT ME ON HOLD. I hung up on her. She called back to say we had been disconnected, I said "no you called me, then put me on hold, so I hung up on you". After the toilet paper was delivered we got another courtesy call, this time asking (I'm not kidding here) "are you satisfied with the toilet paper?" My response: "yes it did it's job".
5. We returned to the room at 8pm and it still had NOT been cleaned. After calling to complain, someone eventually stopped by to clean it at some point.

Housekeeping issues (day 2)
1. I left to go for a walk on the beach while my wife slept in. Housekeeping walked in on my sleeping wife EVEN THOUGH THE "DO NOT DISTURB" SIGN WAS ON THE DOOR. Housekeeper's excuse: "sometimes people forget to remove the sign".
2. Room NEVER cleaned today, so we simply requested more towels (and received them).

When my wife called me to tell me she had been walked in on, I went to the concierge who found a manager for me. He said that housekeeping should NEVER walk in on a "Do Not Disturb" sign and apologized. The manager wound up refunding us a portion of one of the night's stay.

I couldn't even post this review while staying at the hotel because the free WiFi in the hotel was broken the whole weekend, including the free terminals in the lobby.

On the plus side:
1. We had a late lunch both days at the pool bar. GREAT burgers and fries. GREAT bartender there named Jeff!
2. Management did try to rectify the situation by providing a partial refund.

The excuse provided by management for the parking situation was that they were still cleaning up after the boat show. I understood but that's not my problem.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ScottUSF
Reviewed November 8, 2010

The staff of the hotel were excellent. Great location. The only drawback was the noise from the street and I was on the floor 16.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mkauai38
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Planned my daughters wedding at the Bahia Mar in Ft Lauderdale.
Along with that took a block of rooms
and then decided to have a party the night before for the out of town guests
Trish the catering manager was ON TOP of EVERYTHING and OUTSTANDING.
The food GREAT
Rooms CLEAN
I've attended and hosted enough parties in my day to last a lifetime.
They made this one a breeze
Other than the front desk person not being up to speed on the bridal sweet situation, everything else was perfect.
who could ask for more..
don't over look the Bahia mar for your next event..big or small..
they "GET IT"

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank dollkolect
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I would say this is an average hotel, definetely nothing 5 star or even close. Rooms were very small, and compared to the pictures the website shows the rooms are more outdated. Even the grounds outside were not that clean and nice. The pool bar was fun and had awesome happy hour deals, but they closed at a different time every night .... whenever they felt like it seemed to be. I had requested a balcony room online and didnt get that, they said they were fully booked. We didnt stay in the tower building but I think thats the way to go. The walkway to the beach was nice ... wish the beach was a bit more private but it was still fun. Location was awesome, within walking distance to restaurants and bars. I would highly recommend the water taxi, which has a stop right in the marina and go with the all day pass ... such a deal! Overall, I would stay here again but I think the pics and info on their website is misleading and next time I would know what to expect ahead of time.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends