$131
$110
HIExpress.com
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$120
$116
$110
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
B Ocean Resort Fort Lauderdale(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$195
  • Pool
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$157
$139
  • Pool
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$246
$206
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$169
$240
$199
Trip.com
4,392 results
All reviewsacross the streetwater taxiwarm cookiesconvenience storepartial ocean vieweasy access to the beachpool barfort lauderdale beachan older hotelfitness centerrestaurants and shopslas olasocean frontspring breakpre cruisecruise portft
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Spent two nights in the Marina building on the Bahia Mar property. I can start off by saying that you get what you pay for. I got a marina view room w/ no balcony (Florida resident rate) @ $85 a night plus $18 a night for parking. I worked at this hotel as a kid 20 years ago, and people complained about the Marina building even back then. The elevator was broke, hallways smelt like mildew and the room was just tried looking. However, room was clean, sheets were clean and the view was nice (4th floor) but this room did not have a balcony. I was there by myself on business/pleasure, but if my wife was with, we would have been checked out before we put the luggage down.
The property has such a great location, with the beach; inter coastal and walking distance to restaurants and clubs. We normally stay at the W, Ritz or Atlantic but would pay 2 to 3x the amount per night.
All in all, I would suggest staying in the tower building w/ a partial intercoastal/ocean view on the Southside of the building (High floor) and pay a little more. I would also suggest eating at Casablanca’s, which is walking distance from the hotel or driving to Vito’s, on Federal Hwy and Sunrise Blvd. If you’re looking to party, hit the W hotel night club on a Saturday night.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank stratthewaterrat
Reviewed August 4, 2010

This is an older hotel that has been upgraded. The hotel is clean and the staff was very pleasent and helpful. The location right across from the beach was perfect. We also enjoyed the deli across the parking area. We felt that we received a great experience for a very good price.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

We stayed three nights and could not have had a better experience! The view from our balcony was absolutely breathtaking!!! We were in an "ocean view" room which is the side of the building and had the ocean to the left, the marina straight ahead, and the intercoastal waterway on our right! We could also see Port Everglades and the cruise ships in the distant front view, downtown Ft. Lauderdale to the distant right. WOW! The hotel is retro, yes, but that is part of its charm...it was THE place to be back in the day. We found it to be extremely clean, the king bed, pillows and linens were dreamy and we slept late every day! Services were all first class and very friendly and accomodating. The pool bar and restaurant is a great place to eat/drink...smiling staff and great food! The Breezes cafe is very nice, and the All About Food gourmet deli is amazing! There is also this great overpass walkway to the beach. It's also just a few short blocks to Las Olas Blvd. and the main shopping/dining area of Lauderdale beach. We loved it and we will surely stay there again. Big thumbs up!!!

Reviewed August 2, 2010

This hotel was such a disappointment. We reserved a room which, when we arrived at the hotel, were told it was not available. And then it went downhill from there... The "resort" (I still don't understand why they call it a resort unless they consider having a pool as a resort) was rundown from the elevators (scratched walls, smelled bad, and incredibly slow) to the room. Our bathtub was peeling and the room had a musty smell to it. There was a general laziness to the service provided, except the hotel maid who knocked on our door before 8:00 am. The elevators (pretty sure one was out of order) took forever to get to our floor. Overall, not worth the $130/night rate. And room service prices were unbelievably expensive. Beware!

Reviewed July 28, 2010

A fine establishment. Retro decor that I love, clean and quiet rooms, fantastic view of the ocean or marina (your choice) and a quick walk across the street to the beach. Great for that evening stroll with the waves pounding the surf. Easy drive from the airport too!

I am a frequent visitor to Fort Lauderdale. At first I visited several different hotels until I landed at the Bahia Mar and said "this is the place". Reasonable rates for the rooms as well as the food. If I were to complain at all it would be about the kitchen's common American mistake of confusing quantity with quality. Don't get me wrong, the food is quite tasty, but way too much of it ..... this presents the conundrum of eating too much or wasting it .......

So, if you like the "retro" look and a place that is comfy, I would for sure recommend the Bahia Mar

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple