4,739 results
All reviews across the street water taxi warm cookies convenience store partial ocean view pool bar beach access lauderdale beach an older hotel restaurants and shops fitness center ocean front las olas spring break pre cruise cruise port ft
Selected filters
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The lobby of this hotel and the staff were very nice. The room was ok at best. The beds were comfortable but the bathroom was a mess. Very tiny, shower didn't work right and we could barely get hot water. Toilet barely flushed. For what we paid I expected a lot more. The doors to smaller building where our room was were broken so there was no real security.

The pool area was great!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Misse320
Jeffrey K, General Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear Misse320,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of not only the positive experiences with our lobby and staff but the negative ones such as shortcomings in the room. This is valuable information which we will use to improve our guest experience moving forward. While, this experience was not the best, granted the opportunity, I would like to help make this right by personalizing a future stay for you. Please email me @ Lisa.Namour@Hilton.com, and I will ensure to arrange a flawless return stay, the next time your travels bring you back to Fort Lauderdale.

Warm regards.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

This is a very nice hotel with a large, warm 8 foot pool and a friendly staff. My wife loves the warm cookies. They upgraded our room. As a diamond member, they gave us 2 complementary continental (not full breakfasts) for our family of 4. There are 2 buildings. One has 4 floors (marina view rooms), the other is the tower. The upgraded room is great, clean, nice partial ocean view and a small fridge. Our room has 2 double (not queen) beds.
However, there is currently a large construction fence and zone between the beach and hotel. The bridge is also blocked off. It is walkable, but you will cross 2 streets and travel 1/4 mile north to 5th street to access the beach and town. The beach itself is also nice. Plenty of people in the 79 degree water.

Room tip: Request a high floor. This might get you upgraded to the tower.
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear captainmathers,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us via TripAdvisor. I am elated to hear our team was able to upgrade you for your Hilton Honors loyalty, and that you enjoyed your experience. I apologize for the temporary inconvenience of the bridge closure, once the music festival has elapsed our convenient access will be restored. I would love to welcome you back so we may deliver you the full Bahia Mar experience, personalized for your pleasure. Please email me @ Lisa.Namour@Hilton.com, and you can count on my team and I to deliver a personalized stay with plenty of warm cookies for your entire family.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

The staff were all accommodating and very nice! You cant beat the location of the hotel! A walk across the street to a less crowded part of the beach and just walking distance to all the night life. Will be coming back soon!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear glowpez,

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback with us via TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear our staff and location played a pivotal role in your enjoyment of our hotel. We would love the opportunity to serve you again. When your travels call for you to be in Fort Lauderdale again, please email me @ Lisa.Namour@Hilton.com, and you can count on my staff and I to arrange another flawless stay!

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Our stay was amazing! The hotel is located in a perfect place. It is in front of the beach and has its own water taxi stop. The food was delicious but a little expensive. The service was great. The room was very clean!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jeffrey K, General Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear Meredith G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us! Our properties main focus is on world-class service and accommodations, and to hear we met our objective is like music to our ears! We also want to express our sincere gratitude with you for sharing your perspective on TripAdvisor. It was our sincere pleasure to serve you, and we would love the opportunity to do so again. Please email me @ Lisa.Namour@Hilton.com, the next time your travels call for you to be back in Fort Lauderdale, and you can count on the Bahia Mar team to deliver another flawless stay!

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I was previously a Hilton diamond member and hotels like this are why I’ve changed my loyalty. The hotel is showing its age. The size of the hotel allows for many guests and the hotel is not staffed to satisfactorily handle it. Some additional complaints:
- my room was not cleaned during the day though I requested of the front desk twice. Finally the third time it was cleaned around 7:30pm.
- the pool is small and overcrowded particularly a problem when...
- the beach access was closed as Fort Lauderdale was setting up for the Tortuga music festival. Very inconvenient and no upfront notification or discernible room discount.
- the air conditioner was obnoxiously loud
- the valet is slow and expensive
- trash cans overflowing

All in all a subpar experience. I’m certain there are better options in Fort Lauderdale.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Jeffrey K, General Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear JUCOfan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Hilton Honors member, you are our most valued guest. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. At DoubleTree by Hilton, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Regards,