I booked this hotel because of its location. My hubby and I, are truly beach lovers!
Our overall experiencie was good, even though we had a very unpleasent incident when checking in. The front desk clerk that assited us told us that we didn´t have a reservation. She said reservation under my name was cancelled, and that the hotel was all booked and there was nothing she could do to help us.
Because we weren´t sure of our exact travel dates at first, I made 2 reservations with 8 weeks in advance. 1 with Agoda.com, and 1 with Booking.com (Both with different dates). When we knew for sure our dates for the trip, I proceeded to cancel the Agoda reservation, and remain with the Booking.com. reservation.
Four days before our arrival I even contacted BOOKING.COM to ask if the Hotel could let us do a 1 hour early check in and a 1 hour late check out. BOOKING responded that BAHIA MAR had agreed on letting us check in 1 hour early at no cost, but the late check out was subject to availability plus an extra fee.
Imagine our suprise and disgust, when I was told we didn´t have a reservation.
The lady at the front desk didn´t seem inclined to help us much, even when I showed the reservation papers, and email communication between BOOKING and myself 3 days prior confirming early check in. That is when I asked to talk to the manager.
The manager, a lady who was very polite, also said the system showed a cancelled reservation under my name. But after i showed her reservation papers, and the email communication mentioned above even confirming an early ckeck in, she took the time to go to the back office and call BOOKING.COM ( Thank Goodness for that!).
When she returned, she said it was a all a misunderstanding. Apparently, when the AGODA reservation was cancelled, the Hotel mistakenly cancelled the Booking.com reservation as well, beacuse it was under the same name... Or so they said... Go figure?
After explaining the error, she gave us key to our room, map to the hotel grounds,and two of the typical Double Tree Chocolate chip cookies.
Apart from that incident, we had a wonderful time. Rooms are clean, and adequate in terms of space and layout. Even though the Balcony was tiny, we enjoyed the view from the beach and the Marina.
Since we are beach lovers, we never used the pool, which seemed ok. However, hubby and I agreed, it is in need of some serious update... It looks like a pool made in the 80´s.
On the upside:
1. There is a Deli Market adjacent to the hotel, where you can buy anything. Very convenient!
2. The location is perfect: next to the beach and the Marina, and near a number of restaurants and bars.
3. We had rented a car, but noticed the trolley and Public transportation stop in front. Water taxi as well.
4. Room cleaning was good and always on time.
We never had issues about towels, slow elevators, or uncorfortable beds,( in fact pillows and duvet were good and very comfy)
5. Gym is good and adequate (Bigger and more complete than other hotels chains)
Courteous staff in restaurant, valet parking, and Boutique store
On the down side
1. WIFI is free but only available in common areas.
2. Self Parking $21 and Valet Parking $25
3. Small restaurant area
4. NO courtesy chairs / umbrellas on the Beach for guests. Everything is rented (Not a biggie for us since we love to sunbath and lay down with towels on the sand)
TIPS: Try to book a room with anticipation to get a good rate. Near the dates of our travel, I noticedin the internet the hotel rates were ridiculuously high. Definetely, Not worth it !
In sum, our experience was good. Rates were decent, and you cant´beat location.
After reading many reviews, hotel was much better than expected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy stunning surroundings and 44 breathtaking acres along the Intracoastal Waterway at the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel- a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel. Located near the International Swimming Hall of Fame, the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel is a water taxi ride away from the shops, restaurants and nightlife of Las Olas Boulevard. Stay active with water sports, indulge the option to sail away on a cruise or simply relax on the white sandy beach. Bahia Mar is only a short drive from the Fort Lauderdale International Airport and Port Everglades Cruise Terminal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Mar Beach Hotel
- Bahia Mar Beach Resort
- Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale
- Hotel Bahia Mar Beach