“Good hotel at the beach in Fort Lauderdale”

Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #55 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
The Netherlands
“Good hotel at the beach in Fort Lauderdale”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed here for a full week in November The hotel is located at a good location by the beach. The building itself looks a little bit outdated. The hotel itself en the rooms are modern and are in excellent condition. You can reach the beach by taking the bridge. In case you don't want to go to the beach you can always go to the swimming pool. Parking fee's are a little bit excessive, $ 21 per day, but this seems to be very common when you stay at beach at one of the hotels. Walking to Las Olas Blvd is to my opinion a little bit far, so in case you want to go there you are in need of a car or cab.

Room Tip: Get a room in the tower at one of the higher floors.
1 Thank Jahoovdmeer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (669)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
burlington
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Very overpriced, can hear people in next room talking...very much no frills..glad only here for 1 night...stayed in a few doubletrees nothing like this. ..plastic lawn chairs in room...just came from 5 nights at southernmost hotel in key west so this place is a little hard to take.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank rangersfan71
bahiamar, General Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, since we work hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience. We see that noise was an issue during your stay. While we do have additional security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods, we also encourage guests to contact the front office so that we can address noise issues to ensure comfort and safety. We are sorry that other guests interrupted your comfort and we've shared your review with the necessary members of our team. We hope that the next time you return to the area you’ll stay with us again.

Kind regards,

Marcos Borras
marcos.borras@hilton.com
Newark, DE
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Not sure if it was the boat show which we were not interested in or informed of but it was the last day of our 25th anniversary and flying out early the next morning, coming from southwest FL to fly out of FLL. Was not worth the $400+ us fools spent on the room, dont mind spending that kind of money for the right kind of place but this wasnt it. Online photos made it seem that way though. The "balcony" is a joke. (Still laughing about me trying to scratch my knee and I couldn't raise it high enough till I stood sideways) hubby wouldnt even stand out there with me. No room to sit thats for sure. When I read balcony I think a balcony at least 4 ft deep. this one was no more than 2'! Balcony schmalcony! Just an open window that you can step onto. Decor was nice, beach is across the road so its not ocean front. (MY mistake). The real pisser came when we had to pay for parking at a hotel we already overpaid for, $45 buckaroonies just for parking that we didnt know about ahead of time. They practically mugged you when you checked in, felt like I had to get my stuff which was very little out of my car in a big hurry. The dude opened my car door and I was like a deer in the headlights and just wanted a moment to collect my thoughts after a 3 hr ride. Left early as our flight was at 7:15 a.m. Definitely was NOT worth it. I was thinking this great last night with ocean view from our balcony we could sit on and was disappointed in my expectations. CAVIAT EMPTOR! WOW! Will not be back! By the way thats the first time I've said that. Maybe some people consider this service but personally I felt like they were taking advantage. Anyway.... Hope you have a great vacation, it didnt ruin mine even though it was the worst $$$ shaft I've had in a long time. :)

Room Tip: Stay away from here unless money is no option. Even if it isn't I'm sure it could be spent...
2 Thank DEskigurl
Belleville
Reviewed November 21, 2013

excellent location very close to the beach. beautiful hotel, view and service! go for the valet parking. costs a bit more but there is very limited parking! I will make an effort to return to this wonderful place

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We first stayed in the fort lauderdale hilton marina hotel nearby before moving on to here, location wise this is more central however I much preferred the hilton marina, so if you a stuck between the two go for that one (and see my review). This one was just..average, we had a good view from the room and they do a decent breakfast but the pool area is really horrible, your much better off spending time on the beach (hilton marina had a great pool area, lovely surroundings & lovely bar area). Basically I came here to chill out and read some books/do some work on my laptop, however this hotel had nowhere to sit, the pool was on the rooftop and it just reminded me of some budget hotel in magaluf, just soul less. Also this hotel was considerably more expensive than the hilton marina, but I guess thats just because of the location..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank popcornsuperhet
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I came to this hotel with my cousin for a girls weekend. The location is pretty good. Right across from the beach with their own walkway. We had the partial ocean view. We were told we had a balcony, but it's like a foot by 4 feet. Tiny. I wouldn't call it a balcony. Below the balcony was a part of the roof which was disgusting with soot and trash. We tried to move, but the front desk said they were fully booked. A half an hour after we checked in a worker there walked in without knocking. He apologized and said he was checking the rooms to make sure they were clean. We had told the front desk, but they did nothing. The elevators are very slow. We did not try out the bar or the restaurant. I guess it's nice because it's right there, but it didn't think it looked all that great. This is a very old hotel and it needs many updates. I would rather have paid more money for a nicer place. Also, the carpet was damp. The bathroom was tiny. You can hear all your neighbors flushing their toilets. The toilet has a button you press at the top. This hotel was terrible almost all around. Parking was $21 a day. Ridiculous! The pool was rooftop. Nice, but small. We ate breakfast at the little shop across the street even though it's a little overpriced. There's a 7-11 within walking distance and lots of restaurants/bars. Coconuts was really good. I would definitely recommend Oaki Restaurant. It's about a 10-15 min drive, but well worth it. It's an Asian fusion restaurant. Small, but everything was excellent and a great price. So the Bahia might be in a good location, but I don't think it was worth the money. The pictures online was not like I saw. The pics looked much better than in actuality. Pay the extra money and go to the Marriott or somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Liz Z
bahiamar, Front Office Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our property appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us so we can ensure our guests' comfort.

Ximena Coca
Director of Front Office
fort lauderdale, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Enjoy the location and the clean rooms. Was disappointed that when I slightly changed original reservation, they had to "start over" and I lost some of my original benefits as they were no longer available (i.e. free breakfast).

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton