“Location is a 10. The building is a tear-down.”

Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #55 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed February 7, 2013

For maximum enjoyment of the beach and waterways of Ft. Lauderdale, stay at another hotel in the area. This one is old, worn out, badly managed and is a rip. Twenty five a day for parking, forty eight for breakfast for two (which was a buffet of the ordinary), rooms are devoid of ambiance, the staff is okay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Richard J
bahiamar, General Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear RichardJ,

Thank you for your feedback; while we were happy to read you found our location to be a 10 we were dissapointed to read about some of the shortcomings you encountered. In follow up to your pricing comments, we have performed a survey of other beach hotels in the area and found both, valet parking and breakfast to be similarly priced; I am sorry you did not find value in these services.

Your opinion allows us to continue to enhance our services and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Although the hotel is in a great location, it could use some updating. The room was good, bed was comfortable, and the location to the beach is prime! The hotel staff was very accommodating. Close to the marina and walking distance to local restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FrankyP2
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great Location, so you pay for that. Rooms are okay You are in a high tourist traffic area, so you will pay for food and drinks, parking, no airport shuttle. Checkout at 11am. Not really a place for the traveller who is on a budget

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank pooey04
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel is split up into a couple of buildings, and I was given a room facing the marina in the building opposite the lobby. The room was very well-equipped with a great view, and it was very quiet. The hotel restaurant area was nice, and the staff was very friendly at the bar. The skywalk across to the beach is quite convenient as well. There's also a great deli/store attached to the building I was staying in that was extremely convenient. If you can good a good rate on Priceline, you can't go wrong with this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank BigTim78
Reviewed February 5, 2013

A group of us went down to Ft Lauderdale for the weekend from Chicago and chose to stay at Bahia Mar instead of on Las Olas. The only thing I enjoyed about this hotel was the location.

We requested all of our 3 rooms to be on the same floor and of course that wasn't the case. As soon as we checked in, we found that our a/c was not working. Maintenance came up to fix the a/c within 15 mins which I thought was great. Though it still wasn't as cold as my friend's room, but at least the a/c was now working and we were too tired to switch rooms. After unpacking everything, we went to put away some valuables into the safe and found it locked! Again, they had to send someone up to "unlock" our safe. They also have the smallest queen sized beds I've ever seen. They were pretty much full sized.

One of the girls went to take a shower, and we found that the water was extremely yellow. In addition, the drain was so clogged each time someone took a shower, we were literally standing in a puddle of water waiting to go down the drain. It was pretty gross.

To top everything, as I returned from a long walk in the early afternoon, I had bloody blisters on both of my feet from walking the whole day. I kindly asked the lady at the concierge for a few bandaids and she said to me, "I can only give you 2. If you want more, the gift shop is down the lobby." Seriously?? I am paying $250/night for a room and you can't give me a few bandaids?

Like I said, the only good thing about this hotel is the location especially if you are looking to go boating. I absolutely will not be returning and will not be recommending this place to my friends.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lidaliu
bahiamar, General Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Pickle335,

We appreciate that you chose to stay with us and your feedback is incredibly important. I'm terribly sorry to hear about the maintenance problems you encountered and I'm reviewing these inconsistencies with our team. I can assure you the plumbing and thermostat issues have been addressed and apologize for the inconvenience. Please direct message me your contact information so I can personally apologize. We hope that we'll have another opportunity to serve you and show you our true hospitality.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We enjoyed staying at this hotel.Very friendly staff.
The hotel was close to everything.
We had a Beautiful view from our room to marina and ocean.
We had absolutely no complaints.
I recommend this hotel for everyone.
If we are ever in Fort Lauderdale again,we will be staying at
the Bahia Mar!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kicsieri
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed for five days, the location is really great, close to everything. I had a wonderful view from my room. Even though there is no room service, there is a microwave in the room, which is very spacious, and a coffee/tea maker. There is also a food store over the street, where you can pick up most things. There is a lovely pool area, actually everything that one needs, and the prices for the rooms are very reasonable. I can really recommend this hotel, with friendly staff.

Room Tip: I was in room 1507, excellent view, and I found it perfect
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Vicks277
bahiamar, General Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Vicks277,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others; we are glad you enjoyed your stay, found the location to be great and our amenities convenient.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards,