4,430 results
All reviewsacross the streetwater taxiwarm cookiesconvenience storepartial ocean vieweasy access to the beachpool barfort lauderdale beachan older hotelfitness centerrestaurants and shopslas olasocean frontspring breakpre cruisecruise portft
Reviewed January 13, 2012

If you really want to be near the beach (walking distance) this location is ideal. If you expect a little frill from a hotel, this is not the place for you. It recently got bought over by Hilton and by Hilton standards and by my opinion, you don't feel like you are staying at a Hilton property. The grounds need maintaining (ex. cracked tiles by pool, which I tripped on one) gym area was not so inviting. Our shower and bathroom were really small and we did not get a full balconly as we requested while reserving but a stand up balcony instead. The beds were double size instead of queen, which I realized after this trip are not adequate enough for 2 people, not even for children. On a windy day, we could hear the wind blowing through the patio door, especially for a light sleeper as myself, this was not a good thing. Overall, if you expect a little more this place is not for you. If you are not fussy and just want to be near beach then this property is for you.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view or partial ocean.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary K
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed 1 night prior to boarding a cruise ship. We were delighted with the room and its amenities. The hotel is located on the south end of Ft.Lauderdale, with easy access to the beach. Unlike many hotel pools in Ft. Lauderdale, this hotel's pool is in the the sun all day. On the property is an excellent deli food establishment, great for breakfast or lunch.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Terry314
bahiamar, General Manager at Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Dear Terry314,

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad you found our room and amenities to be delightful; more specifically our heated pool which does not get much shade and the deli as an alternative for breakfast, lunch or light meals.

Terry314, I hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back.

Marcos Borras

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I rented two rooms at the Bahia Mar for our holiday vacation, and we also had some friends join us. The hotel had no water for one day, no hot water for another, and there was a boil water advisory in the area that the hotel neglected to advise us of. When I tried to address it at the hotel, there was no-one at the front desk who could deal with this. After multiple calls to Hilton, I finally got a response 14 days later! Although our room was comped, for the three days this was still not acceptable. Hilton needs to make good on this ruined vacation.

The hotel has potential once Hilton officially takes over and renovates the place. The food at the pool was marginal, and the service (other than Jeff) was pitiful with the barmaid getting nasty to my kids who has to wait 20 minutes to order food, and were then told "I"ll get to you Sweetie!"

This is not Hilton quality so do not be fooled!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank N0rtheasternTraveler

Dear Northeastern Traveler,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us, please accept my apologies for what was an overall poor experience.

As you know, the unfortunate incident that affected your stay was the result of a water main break through out the area and, as much as our team did the best to accommodate our guests, it was obviously not enough. We have used this incident and your total feedback as valuable training tool for any future reoccurrence (more specifically your experience at the Pool) and have thanked Jeff for making a difference during your stay.

Thank you again and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Warm regards,

Marcos Borras

Reviewed January 5, 2012

I stayed in early December and the room was good . The bed was comfortable . The view was great . Loved the pool area . Everything was clean . It it not a 5 star because of the decor but is is a great place to stay for the money . The view of the marina is the best . If I go back I will want the same room in the small building overlooking the marina .

Room Tip: Get the small building overlooking the marina .
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rwrigh4
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Excellent location at a great price. An on-site store called All About Food is good for everything from breakfast to beer and wine. Room furniture looks good but could be more comfortable and functional--I especially missed having a dresser with drawers, WIFI works well throughout the hotel and the gym is good.

Room Tip: The marina view rooms with balcony are the best since you can sit outside. Ocean views from the tower building are spectacular but the balconies have standing room only.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends