I booked a stay at the Habor Beach Marriott after a Caribbean cruise as I wanted some time to decompress after a week of pamering before starting the journey home which would be a full day of flying with connections. This hotel more than met my expectations and allowed me to fully wind down in style.
I was assigned room 814 which is a king bed room with a view of the intercostal waterway so better than a lower floor room with no view at all. I would imagine ocean view rooms come at quite a premium but since I wasn't planning to be in my room much wasn't about to pay that upgrade. There is small balcony with two chairs and I could see it would be pleasant to spend some time there but I opted to drop by stuff off and explore the hotel first. It was nice they let me check in early as I arrived from the cruise ship around 10 am and was hoping I could get into my room early and they obliged.
The beach is a few levels down and you can walk out a couple of different ways to the sand including taking the route via the pool. Having been to several luxury hotels I was impressed with the pool at this Marriott as it is a decent size and set in a lush plam tree grove with lots of lush bushes & hedges to give it a tropical feel. The loungers are the nicer, newer ones not the cheap plastic ones and I settled down for an afternoon of suntanning and relaxing between dips in the pool. There is bar service from waiters who come by every half hour or so and you can charge it to your room, though prices are fairly steep. The 3 beers I consumed in 3-4 hours with tip wound up to around $25 but I suppose it goes with the location and I liked the personable service the waiters provided.
The beach is right in front of the hotel and it is a nice wide, sandy stretch though didn't swim in the ocean. There are little covered lounge chair umbrellas you can rent here for the day if you felt like spending the day at the beach rather than the pool.
I felt like eating off site afterlooking at the hotel restaurant menu and it is a short walk down the road that runs parallel to the beach to find a few convenience stores, restaurants and souvenir stores.
I would've liked to have slept in as the bed was that comfortable but had a very early flight so was checked out by 5 am and caught a cab to Hollywood/Fort Lauderdale Airport. All the staff I came in conect with were very friendly and willing to answer the few questions I had so can only applaud the level of service I experienced. I'd return he either before or after another cruise at the right price as this is a very good luxury beachfront hotel but would likely stay elsewhere if all I could find was regular rates which I'm sure are in the $300-$400 range per night. If anyone is curious the cab right from the cruise pier to the hotel was around $16 while the ride to the airport the next morning was a little less though it was before dawn and so very little traffic on the streets.
Last piece of info was Marriott Reward members get 10% off at the hotel gift shop and surprisingly the pricing wasn't outrageous compared to off-site shops I checked out while sightseeing the neighborhood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the crisp ocean air and soak up sunshine from Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa. Our hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida offers the perfect setting to enjoy an oceanside vacation. We sit right along a quarter-mile of private beach, providing tranquility and a tropical atmosphere near exciting Las Olas Boulevard and close to Fort Lauderdale airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Harbor Beach Marriott Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Harbor Beach
- Marriott Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott
- Marriott Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Ft Lauderdale