This was my second time at the Marriott Harbor Beach (the previous time was back in 2003). This was my fiance's first time. We were there over Labour Day weekend 2009 for 4 nts/5 days.
The hotel and the grounds are beautiful. Def not the norm for a Florida hotel... if you've ever been to a 4-5 star all inclusive resort in the Carribean... this is what you can compare to it. The pool area is very large and with ample chairs.... there was construction going on but you couldn't see it unless you were like us and had a room on a high floor. The beach was immaculate with free beach chairs.
Our room was great- large balcony and we booked a partial oceanview. I would recommend in booking the partial oceanview as we had views of the ocean/beach, the pool area and the intercoastal waterway.
We didn't dine at the hotel except for lunches by the pool... which cost about $30. Simple lunch but overpriced... $30 was for a hot dog/bag of chips with a caesar salad (w no chicken!). Alcoholic beverages were about $8-$10... they have GREAT Pina Coladas!
We dined a few times at the Bahia Cabana just a few minutes walk down the road... I def recommend eating there. Its an outdoor cafe/bar place with a large menu and overlooks a marina.... very pretty. They also had great cheap breakfast. We also ate a few meals at the Beach Place which was a $6 cab ride and you could possibly walk there. Beach Place had some good nightlife. The area surrounding the hotel was safe and fine. I also recommend checking out Las Olas Blvd for dining. For shopping the Galleria of Ft Lauderdale was a $15-$20 cab ride.
Don't miss it! Would stay there for a 3rd time in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Breathe in the crisp ocean air and soak up the Sunshine State's radiant rays during a stay at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa. Situated along a quarter-mile of private beach, our Fort Lauderdale resort provides tropical tranquility while offering easy access to Fort Lauderdale airport and top attractions including Las Olas Boulevard. Dive into our refreshing lagoon pool, take to the Atlantic for jet skiing or snorkeling, or pamper yourself at our full-service spa. When it's time to refuel, savor innovative cuisine at one of our three restaurants, sip handcrafted cocktails while relaxing under swaying palm trees or perk up with a treat from Starbucks. Looking to gather your group or celebrate a wedding or special event? Impress your guests with a celebration on the beach, or host a night to remember in our spectacular ballroom with the ocean as your backdrop. Our stylish, redesigned guest rooms and suites are an ideal oasis after your adventurous day. Plan a getaway at our resort today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Harbor Beach Marriott Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Harbor Beach
- Marriott Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott
- Marriott Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Ft Lauderdale