Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sea Club Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
$195
$94
$178
$167
$141
$128
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$116
$140
$129
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$186
$169
$179
Travelocity
3,209 results
All reviewssea levelriva restaurantprivate beachkids clubocean frontbeach barbeautiful resortpool arearesort feeplenty of chairsoceanfront roomlarge pooltennis courtsbeach staffself parkinglounge chairsfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Just spent 5 days at the Marriott Harbor Resort and thought I would give a few notes.

Cab fare without tip to resort 16.20

Cab fare without tip to 10th Los Olas 10.10

Hotel - great location step out on to the beach! We booked through Expedia on arrival were upgraded to a room with ocean view with balcony no extra cost. We had room 877 which also had a city view it is a corner room. The bathroom is a different story.. tiles were loose, crummy bath products, and the shower head didn't produce enough pressure to wash the sand off of you.but overall the room was fine would not call it luxury.

Packing for trip- Save yourself time, don't over pack. I could have packed everything I needed in a Wal-Mart sack and would have had enough clothes instead of the two full size suitcases I took. It's the only vacation that I didn't change outfits at least twice. Swimsuits and cover-ups are all you need for the day time.

Dining- Riva breakfast buffet with tip for two was around 50.00. It had made to order omelets and the assortment of other hot breakfast items, fruit, rolls, and cereals. I HATE buffets because of the free range kids seem to have. Why don't they have signs children under 12 must be accompanied by adult.

3030 - It's hard to realize it is fine dining with fine dining prices when most everyone is in shorts and flip flops. The service was impeccable, the food was delicious. The cost two main dishes, two desserts, teas and tip was 123.00

Room service was available 24 hours we didn't but I saw lots of carts of those who did. Also it seemed each time I walked through the lobby there was some pizza delivery person there.

Beach chair dining - This is great! They have servers come around and take your orders - Hamburger, chips, one lemonade with tip 28.00 There is a bar on the beach you can sit at and order drinks and food.

Starbucks - captive premium prices, but it was a daily routine.

Drinks appx 50.00 for 3 beers a couple of drinks and tip.

The construction on the new restaurant does not in anyway take away from your time there. It will be great to have another eating option.

Overall eating is very expensive and not enough choices for a 4 or 5 day stay. We ended up walking to Bahia Cabana for several meals and that was a fun place with good food.

Beach chairs free - beach tents -15.00 daily. You can pick up towels near the pool. Always plenty of chairs and tent. Boogie boards from Aloha 20.00 a day. Please save money take aloe vera; it was 8.50 in the gift shop for a small bottle.

Spa treatments - Zen massage and scalp treatment by Mary was wonderful; reflexology was very nice but 145.00 I would pass. Standard pedicure and manicure get one before you leave home it was nothing special here. Do not tip ,they add 20% on to your bill for all treatments.

Fitness was state of the art - 24 hour entry. Treadmill running at it's finest looking out to the ocean.

The pool area was very nice but we were always at the ocean. Saturday night is movie night at the pool.

In the evening it was so nice to take a drink, go to the patio and sit around one of the fire pits watch the people, listen to ocean and feel the breeze.

We locked our wallets in the safe and everything we wanted to do or eat at the resort was added to the room. I have never done this before and I found it wonderful.

This is a family oriented resort. There are kids and lots of them, but you really don't notice (accept at the buffet.) You can still have a romantic vacation for two.

I would give this a 5 star vacation based on we did exactly what we wanted; NOTHING! If you want to go to rest, play, drink and eat this is the perfect location. It was like camp - eat, swim, play nap, repeat....

We have an IPhone 3GS and it worked fine without being hooked to wifi which I believe they charge extra for in the room. They asked if we wanted it turned on and I said no.

One last thing ladies: Bikinis are a state of mind... if you think you can, go ahead, because there were plenty who thought they could but shouldn't have.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gems4me
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Just returned from a family vacation at the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort. We absolutely loved the resort. It was a great place to stay since the property had a private beach. Other resorts in Ft. Lauderdale were overlooking the public beach. Since we were traveling with children, there was a bit more "peace of mind" at Marriott Harbor Beach.

One big drawback. The food was extremely costly and the offerings were not that exciting. With this being a family resort, I would have expected lower prices for meals. From the restaurants to room service, it is very expensive to eat at this resort. You are able to order takeout from a few different restaurants, so that is an option. There are many food options outside the resort, but it requires quite a bit of walking, using a cab or renting a car.

I truly recommend renting a car (which we did not because we thought that we would be able to get around easily). We used cabs quite a bit to get to nightlife and restaurants along A1A. Please note, it you rent a car, parking at the resort is $20 a day, so you really have to weigh your options.

Cyd, the Concierge was a big help! I hate that I used her expertise very late in the trip. She was great!

Overall the experience was delightful. The kids had a blast! Oh, cookies and lemonade are served daily at the pool at 2:30 (for free)! BIG hit with my crew!

Overall service was good. If you like to get around, this is not the place to be without a car.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Ms-Etiquette
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Just got back from 6 days at Marriott with my sister's family and teenagers (16 & 18). First let me say that we did not find one employee who did not go out of their way to be extremely helpful and friendly. Thumbs up to Chris, the bellman and Seth out at the pool/beach area. The front desk upgraded us from a cityview to an oceanfront room. The view was spectacular. Rooms seemed newly renovated and clean. Had to be put on a waiting list for a fridge, but it was delivered on our second day. Beach is beautiful, plenty of chairs and always clean towels. Nice patio area with cushiony furniture around fire pits. Nice for nighttime. Water w/lemon out in the lobby, pool area, out by beach to make sure everyone stays hydrated. Our only gripe is this -- we spoke personally with reservations at the hotel. They knew exactly when we were coming. We were told all kinds of activities there were for the kids -- game room, basketball, tennis, jacuzzi etc. The only problem is that their "be advised that our pool bar is under renovation" is not a complete truth. The whole area immediately south of the pool is boarded up for the construction of the new pool restaurant/bar. THERE IS NO GAME ROOM, BASKETBALL COURTS, TENNIS COURTS, JACUZZI, ETC. The kids were very disappointed about this. Also, make sure you rent a car. Even though the airport is only 5 miles from the hotel, you should have a car to run to the Publix, liquor store, out to breakfast, dinner etc. The food at the hotel is extremely expensive, but there are plenty of options out on the strip. Also, buy the refillable cups for $10. Get free refills for your entire stay. We did have a wonderful time, and I definitely would go back to see the hotel after all the renovations are complete.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank ronthemom
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Hotel with perfect location, nice dive places, perfect private beach. Pool was crowded. Staff average.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank JuliusO
Reviewed August 3, 2009

The hotel was just okay....nothing to shout about. I booked a website special of 249.00 a day with 50.00 daily credit. Problem is they would not honor the 50.00 daily credit and when I spoke to accounting they told me they did not know what I was talking about and were unable to help me. I explained it was on the website and they told me they cannot look that information up. Very unprofessional and not concerned about helping me. I will never stay at a Marriott again. Age 62 and I travel alot. But...they don't care.

• Stayed: July 2009