“Lives up to Marriott standards!”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This Marriott has a sizable beach, a well- trained and attentive staff, and great location. Many Florida resorts are turned sideways due to limited space, but not here. Careful planning will result in getting an oceanfront room (well worth the extra money). Also, typical of Marriott, the food is expensive but excellent. So, unless you're looking to save a buck, why not enjoy staying at one of the best?

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,135)

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I first visited in 2005 for only one night when I was in Ft. Lauderdale to see a concert. We had a room we booked off Priceline that faced a wall. However, the hotel grounds, the PRIVATE beach and watching a late summer lightening storm on the beach that night so amazed me I vowed I would be back to do it properly.

I came back for another concert recently and booked a room with a beach view. The view was stunning and made all the difference. We were there for a few nights this time and got to experience the beach, the pool, and the restaurants. Everything was fantastic and the atmosphere is overwhelmingly cozy and romantic. There are many other nice hotels on the same strip but they do not have the private beach and that makes a HUGE difference so please do not discount that.

If you come, do, please do, visit the spa. Always ask for the monthly special. We were treated to a swedish massage and scalp massage lasting 90 minutes for $99 when a typical swedish massage was about $130 alone normally. If you do this you get a full day access to the spa and it is one of the most relaxing, amazing experiences. I am a runner and I have had a lot of massages in my life but the lady who gave me mine was one of the best I have had in my life. You can also order in room service while relaxing in the spa. It has many sit rooms, showers, a hot tub and a private pool that is separate from the hotel pool. I repeat, do not skip the spa.

I will come back. This is a hotel that hurts to leave.

Room Tip: Go to the spa - do NOT skip the amazing spa!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank DingerzDM
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Exceptional service from the moment of check in (Thank you Wes- very attentive and went above and beyond) to the spa (Michelle, I believe- wonderful) to the concierge (great suggestions for dinner off-site) to lunch at the pool restaurant (great service and food was delish).

They should definitely do something about the valet area- too many cars, too little space (but nice valets and porters). And the lobby bar staffing left something to be desired.

BUT again, stellar front desk staff and kudos to the rest of the staff. Thank you for another wonderful experience at the Marriott Harbor Beach.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank YMG813
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed four nights in a Turtle Suite. The suite was beautiful-large-magnificent views-felt like being in a cruise ship suite-ocean everywhere! The only negative is that there is only one bathroom-so the suite is better for two people rather than four.
The amenities at the Hotel are great-the beach is large -the service at the beach was perfect. There are always plenty of chairs, umbrellas and cabanas. The beach attendants were extremely attentive. The pool was also lovely.
Food was good at restaurants however there are many other great restaurants in the area. The hotel is in a great location for exploring the Fort Lauderdale area. Walkable to the main strip in Fort Lauderdale.

The management was terrific-everyone was extremely helpful and kind.

Overall a wonderful stay-a great place to travel with family-plenty to do. A nice Caribbean feel in Florida. I would highly recommend for a nice little getaway.

Room Tip: The turtle suite was beautiful-however only one bathroom.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lizpaperski
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Fort Lauderdale for a getaway weekend and spa services. Melissa at the spa desk greeted us and provided us with helpful suggestions. I had an excellent massage with Vonetta! Melissa took note that we were away to celebrate my birthday. She surprised us after our services with chocolate dipped strawberries and bubbly and a happy bday song! She also gave me a gift bag with sample goodies, additional gift card and for complimentary blow out!

Incredibly thoughtful and over and above what we expected!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Cathy1199
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I got back from 6 days at the Harbor Beach Marriott. From beginning to end I loved this hotel. I am a Marriott Reward member who did not know that I could only get points if I booked through their site. Since I booked through another site Imissed out on the reward points. However the really sweet desk clerk upgraded us to an oceanfront roomwhen she heard. She pointed out that all our extras would go towards points. The room was standard Marriott. The bed was comfortable and the room was spotless. The temperature controls actually work. The best was the scenery. Not only did we have a front row seat to the Ocean but the events that took place below our balcony in the outdoor event space were shows unto themselves. Just watching the event staff set up and take down for various events was a show itself. Everything from an Indian Wedding, Bat Mitzveh and convention dinner were put together like a military mission. If I lived in Fort Lauderdale and neede a site for an event this would be it. In addition our room allowed us a front row seat to watch cruise ships head out to sea. The beach and Ocean views made me feel like I was on a cruise ship. My only negative was that the shower was somewhat hard to control in terms of temperature and water pressure.
The thing that really stood out for me was the friendliness of all the staff. The waitresses in the restaurants where we went for buffet breakfast, the pool staff, the staff in the shops as well as staff you just passed in the hallways, all smiled and said hello. I haven"t seen that anywhere but on cruise ships. The concierge was very helpful. The front desk took care of any issues that came up immediately and with smiles on their faces. For a chain hotel that wasn't a Ritz or Four Seasons I was really impressed. I would not hesitate to stay at the Harbor Beach Resort and Spa again. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate and their were no beach days for us. We did get a chance to sit at the beautiful pool area to relax. All in all an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Oceanviews were amazing.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tookie624
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is my third visit to this awesome hotel. This hotel "has it all". The service at this hotel is unparalleled. It is obvious that this hotel spends a lot of time attracting staff that really care and put the guest as a number 1 priority. The valet staff is excellent and I never once waited for my car after phoning for the car from my room. The front desk staff always approach with a smile and a sincere desire to serve their guests. Jack checked us in and he was kind and efficient.. He made sure to deliver on his promise to call me as soon as our room became available. He even sent a note to our room appreciating the opportunity to check us in. The bellman staff are not to be believed. They are so proud of the hotel and on bringing us to our room, Micky the bellman gave us a tour of the room, showed us the amenities, asked what he could do to make us comfortable and got ice for us. Anytime we walked in the lobby, we were greeted by all of the bellman and they set the tone for a happy lobby. I love the food venues in this hotel. The breakfast room is wonderful with a beautiful breakfast buffet and tables outside to enjoy outdoor dining. The entire staff was friendly but don't miss Teresa. She has a heart of gold and her mission is for the breakfast experience to be memorable. The beach to me is nicer than any island. It is wide, clean and the beach staff set up chairs, umbrellas and staff ride around to provide drinks and food on the beach. We love Sea Level Restaurant. The food is tremendous. We had grilled chicken on coconut bread, have had the crab salad which was delicious. The staff is incredible and Courtney is one of a kind as a server. She approached us with a smile and a desire to make our dining experience special.
This hotel combines beautiful grounds with impeccable service. Can't wait to return!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple