“Service earned a 5 star”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. Very neat and clean. The rooms were slightly outdated as far as one sink in the bathroom and shower tub combo. The water pressure in the shower was poor. I thought the blanket/comforter on the bed was to warm and there was not something lighter (i am sure they would of gotten me something if I had asked). The pool area and amenities were beautiful. There was nothing that would prevent me from staying here again. We came for the Ft Lauderdale boat show, The location was in walking distance to the show and many restaurants. The service at the hotel was beyond excellent. Every single person that we came across was overly friendly, helpful and polite.

Room Tip: We were in a quite area, but our friends had a crying baby next to them and they could hear every so...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,099)

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great family hotel all round; wonderful staff (Chris - you rock!), good shops, lovely breakfast, amazing pool and Surf club for kids, beach is superb, brilliant facilities. Can highly recommend this hotel if you have kids.

And then the spa - wow! If there's one thing you should do its visit the spa and have a massage treatment with the wonderful Johanny. I had the hot stone massage with her and felt 100 times better afterwards. She just knows. Go try for yourself, you will not regret it!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed one night a couple of years ago and couldn't wait to return. There aren't enough superlatives to describe the property. Gracious staff, complimentary bottled water in the lobby, lovely rooms, amazing views....Unfortunately, again, there just wasn't enough time to enjoy it all. Sitting on the balcony overlooking the sea made me wonder why I left S. Fla. Pure magic.

Room Tip: Definitely book a beach front room. It is well worth the cost.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Harbor Beach Marriott September 11-15, 2013, for a belated birthday celebration. The property is beautiful. We had an oceanfront room that our housekeeper kept extremely clean. The front desk staff were friendly and took the time to chat with us a bit the day we were checking out. The pastry chefs were giving out samples to guests in the lobby - that was a nice touch. Other days, there seemed to always be someone offering a sample of something in the lobby. What a nice gesture. I'd like to make a special acknowledgement to the service provided by Natalyia at Sea Level Ocean Bar. We ate there two times, and she was our server both times. She did an outstanding job. The first evening it was pretty crowded and there was one large group, she was able to attend to all the guests quickly and with friendly service. It was less crowded during our 2nd visit to Sea Level Ocean Bar. Natalyia was our server again. We had a chance to chat with her a little, since there were only a few customers. She was so nice, attentive, and friendly. I hope she is recognized for the outstanding job she does making guests feel welcome and appreciated in a friendly manner. We are hoping to return to the resort next year with our other sister for another birthday get together. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We wanted to take my 83 year old mother on a 3 generation trip to the beach. This resort showed the proximity to the airport and beach as convenient when traveling with a person with limited mobility. For months in advance their concierge Alisa worked with me to get everything set for a trip to the beach she would never forget. From the time we arrived everyone made sure my mother was comfortable by either getting her a wheelchair or even giving her a ride across the sand so she could get into the ocean. All three of us had a marvelous time. We got room service several times and the staff made sure everyone from my vegetarian daughter to my picky eater had something delicious to eat and plenty of it.The staff is friendly, the resort beautiful and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a stress free trip to remember.
My mother has not stopped talking about it and telling everyone how great Alisa and the Marriott were to her.

Room Tip: Even when your room does not look at the ocean, the view of the intercoastal was beautiful too.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Doug W
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Harbor Beach Marriott for a quick business trip. I didn't allow any time to enjoy the property and I'm disappointed I didn't get more time to play. Beautiful pool and outdoor grounds right on the beach. Looked like all the vacationers were having a nice time!

Many restaurants and bars to choose from all centrally located off the lobby area. The rooms were nice. The room had a broken blow dryer and housekeeping had a new one up in minutes. Great service.

The hotel is just a few minutes from the airport which is very convenient too.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stopped in for one night on my way back from the keys. What really wonderful service! My only concern is the room service -- we ate two meals, and while the room service "service" was great both times, the folks who do the room service menu should note when foods like "french fries" are actually breaded (and therefor not etible by people with gluten alergies). What a waste!

Room Tip: Get an upper-floor waterfront room! The view is spectacular, and well worth the money.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple