We've stayed at this property once before (two years ago) and we really love the resort. You should know going in that this is a resort, hence everything is kind of expensive. We stayed the week immediately after Easter (for six nights) and half of the time the resort was CRAZY full and the other half of the week was moderately busy.
PROS: (1) Beautiful, can't be beat location right on the ocean. All the other resorts in town are across the street from the ocean...not far at all...but if you want RIGHT on the ocean...this is the place.
(2) The staff is simply superb! Everyone is happy and helpful. They really go out of their way to help you. One morning, Frankie was in the lobby and she was going around asking guests who were in the lobby if they needed anything. I had a question about when the renovation for the guest laundry would be completed and she took our info down and called us as soon as the renovation had been completed. I think her whole job is just to make sure that every little thing is just right for their guests. The staff is friendly with the guests and with one another. I don't know what the management is doing to find such great staff and what they're doing to retain their staff...but they should bottle it and sell it!
(3) Beautiful pool. This is really a great pool for people with older kids who can (and like to) swim in deeper water. There is no gradual entry to the pool which may not be great for folks with toddlers.
(4) Lots of activities at the resort. Guests have the opportunity to play basketball and ping pong, work out in the fitness center, go parasailing, jet-skiing, boogie boarding, etc.
CONS: (1) During the busy part of our stay, the garbage cans around the pool and beach were full to over-flowing with garbage...really no excuse for that to happen when management knows that the resort is full.
(2) Self-parking was full to capacity (actually beyond capacity) most of the time. Whenever we left the resort we knew that we would spend 15-20 minutes upon our return driving around and around the underground lot trying to find a parking space. Some of the spaces were being utilized by resort vehicles which was annoying when guests can't find a spot to park.
If you've looked around Trip Advisor much, you know that it's really unusual to find a resort that is consistently rated as high as this one. They really are doing things right at this Marriott. In a nutshell: The location is fantastic and the staff is superb. Stay here and you won't be disappointed.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Harbor Beach Marriott Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Harbor Beach
- Marriott Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott
- Marriott Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Ft Lauderdale