“Harbor Deach Marriot Resort & Spa”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Resort is top drawer, but my comments are directed at couple of employees, Ahkeem Moore and Edith Sheffield. What seperates the good from the best is the way the employees interact with the guests. It was early in the morning and I had made an unusual request at the front desk. Although the information was not easily available, Edith was determined and kept searching to locate what I needed. While I was waiting, a young man was standing near me at the front desk and I spoke with him. Later, after Edith had provided me with the information I had requested, I had taken a seat in the lobby area to research what I was looking for. Ahkeem came up to me and asked if I had received what I had requested and then asked if he could get me a cup of coffee. It was at that time I observed his badge and realized he was a Marriott employee in security. What a verry nice gesture that made all the difference in our short stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,062)

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I just left this hotel earlier today but wanted to make sure I wrote my review while I remembered how bad it was. Here are the lowlights:

Didn't get into our room until 6:30 pm on first day.
Room was nothing like pics - small and dated.
Killed a large roach when we woke up after first night.
Left a note for housekeeping to change stained comforter and realized it was just flipped over and not changed. Disgusting!!
Average wait time at Starbucks in the morning - 20+ minutes.
Impossible to get loungers by the pool - people woke up at 7:00 am and put towels on chairs that were left there for hours before anyone showed up to use chairs.
Terrible service by the pool.
Elevators weren't working properly so you had to wait for several to come and go before one with room arrived.

If this all isn't bad enough, the price we paid could have covered a stay at a Waldorf or Four Seasons where we will definitely stay next time - never here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank TreJor
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The front desk staff gladly and generously accepted my daughter and me, using Marriott points, with very little notice (no fault on their part that it was last-minute, all mine). Every single staff member we encountered--housekeeping, server, bellman, stylist, spa attendant, beach attendant, etc was polite, friendly, accommodating. The "Sea-Level" bar is charming and offers great, fresh food and drinks. The salon and spa are awesome. This is a beautiful, well-maintained property where everyone there takes pride in what they're doing. Can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed for the weekend and it could not have been a better experience. Everything from check in to dinner reservations to the room was superbly handled. The pool facilities are lush and beautiful and the tennis is well kept too. Our room had a view from the balcony of the beach on the side of the hotel. It included the pool which was full of palms and waterfalls making a nice view as well. The room was clean and service was prompt. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here during a work conference and will certainly put this hotel on my list to come back to for personal time. Hotel is wonderful, massive and huge, close to airport and right on the beach. Would have loved to enjoy more personal pool & beach time, but you know how those work events go. I heard my colleagues say they skipped some meetings to hit the spa (men & women) and RAVED about it. Ate a wonderful lunch at the seaside restaurant. Crab salad, OUTSTANDING, view & breeze outside while eating lunch, priceless. Service was great. Room was great. I was personally in a king regular room, but I imagine the upgrade rooms with views are spectacular. Also hit the starbucks in the lobby daily. Convenient.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for room with view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here for two quick nights and loved the resort. The staff was very good. The hotel and grounds are in top shape. The gym is excellent. The resort has everything you might need, a couple gift shops, Starbucks, nice bars and a great pool area. There was lots for kids so we might have to bring ours back next time.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Marriott Rewards member since 1984 stayed all over the world in Marriott hotels. THIS hotel has a culture of friendly professional service. Exceeded even my demanding expectations. Hats off to the staff- especially Nina at the front desk. I don't usually review hotels, but his one deserves the Kudos.

Thanks guys!