“WOW, what a resort hotel!”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
houston tx
“WOW, what a resort hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here during a work conference and will certainly put this hotel on my list to come back to for personal time. Hotel is wonderful, massive and huge, close to airport and right on the beach. Would have loved to enjoy more personal pool & beach time, but you know how those work events go. I heard my colleagues say they skipped some meetings to hit the spa (men & women) and RAVED about it. Ate a wonderful lunch at the seaside restaurant. Crab salad, OUTSTANDING, view & breeze outside while eating lunch, priceless. Service was great. Room was great. I was personally in a king regular room, but I imagine the upgrade rooms with views are spectacular. Also hit the starbucks in the lobby daily. Convenient.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for room with view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (784)
Long Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two quick nights and loved the resort. The staff was very good. The hotel and grounds are in top shape. The gym is excellent. The resort has everything you might need, a couple gift shops, Starbucks, nice bars and a great pool area. There was lots for kids so we might have to bring ours back next time.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Marriott Rewards member since 1984 stayed all over the world in Marriott hotels. THIS hotel has a culture of friendly professional service. Exceeded even my demanding expectations. Hats off to the staff- especially Nina at the front desk. I don't usually review hotels, but his one deserves the Kudos.

Thanks guys!

Bob, Annapolis

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Waldorf, Md
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

As stated by many others, this is a high performer for a so called Marriott standard flag. The service level is exceptional across the board. This place is a very good value. A favorite spot for CEO Bill Marriott - certainly a factor as to how this place is run.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have zero time to write reviews on this site as a mom to 1.5 and 2.5 yr olds and a wife to a husband who travels for a living… I’m sure anyone in this position would understand. But there comes a time when a hotel completely takes your breath away and it’s not about what time you have because everyone should know about this place. I do like to keep gems to myself; but this is one everyone should know about because this staff deserves it.

I stayed at the Harbor beach March 5-7. From there we left for a cruise. I regret leaving because I never felt as relaxed as I did at the Harbor beach. A hotel that was completely sold out one of the nights and apart from the 1000 luggage pieces in the lobby the next morning, you would have never known it was full. I got an elevator in seconds. I got my room cleaned when asked. I saw the resident manager constantly. I’ve never seen someone so involved with their guests. When he was in our elevator he made sure to ask all guests how their stay was going and if he could help. If he noticed something out of place, he stopped to fix it. His professionalism is contagious because every employee aimed to please. The complete opposite from what I experienced just last March. I almost didn’t give this place another try but I am so glad I did!!!!!!!! It is under new management and this manager is PHENOMENAL.

My room wasn’t ready when I arrived at 9am but immediately the bellman took our bags, we changed our kids and headed over to the pool area. I guess to some people this is an annoyance? Well the hotel is not under staffed; they are everywhere working, cleaning, and trying to deliver the perfect experience. If your room is guaranteed and you need a place to lie down, head to the pool area and kick up your feet and relax.

The pool area is gorgeous. They just recently got all new umbrellas and chairs which provide a great amount of shade. The pool desk has complementary swim diapers in all sizes. They also serve warm chocolate cookies in the afternoon. They are delicious! Don’t miss this!!!! We also had lunch sitting outside overlooking the ocean = Gorgeous views. I loved the chicken quesadillas, grilled chicken sandwich (I added jalapeño), fruit appetizer, Hummus, and the other guests with us enjoyed their lunch as well. The head chef here made a point to greet his guests. What a great guy and even made hats for our girls.

The Surf club is in one word = OUTSTANDING. My kids are too young to be dropped off, but the staff still went above and beyond to show my kids a good time. They couldn’t play inside cause of their age but out front there is a water splash area for kids to run through and beach toys to play with the water. They also brought out crayons and markers for my kids to color, sticker activities such as door hangers, and anything else we asked for. My kids were so entertained on a daily basis and I couldn’t be more grateful. Thank you to the staff that took care of us!!! So appreciated! I did step inside and it is a kid’s dreamland. Areas such as a stage, computers, art section, and so on. I can’t wait for my kids to get older and actually spend more time there.

Riva is completely redone. It is gorgeous, open, and I love the indoor or outdoor seating options. Breakfast here is pricey but the view you have while sitting there and the food and service make it a place worth paying for. The servers were so helpful in attending to my children that my husband and I actually got to eat. Something that is very rare!!! The head chef also made a point to go around to tables and make sure guests were enjoying their experience.

My room: We stayed in the vice presidential suite. You want to talk about jaw dropping views? There are 3 balconies in the living room and the 4th balcony is located in the main bedroom. Each balcony has such stunning views I highly recommend paying and treating yourself to stay here. You can stare off to the ocean, watch the cruise ships going in and out to port, stare down at the pool, watch the sun rise and fall, it’s truly breath taking. You will see everything from this room. It’s the perfect room for a family or a couple looking to treat themselves. It has 1.5 baths (large bath in bedroom area and half bath in main area), a kitchenette sink and microwave, sub zero fridge and freezer, dinner seating for at least 6 in main area, living room had 2 large couches and 2 sitting chairs, 3 stools for a sitting area in kitchenette, a desk for business space. It’s MASSIVE.

Every day we went from a walk down to the main beach strip. I’m not sure why people think this is so far away but for us it was such a beautiful walk. The beach has a swing area, tons of slides for an overall great park. Further down there is basketball courts and even an outdoor workout spot.

This is an outstanding property, located on a beautiful beach. Management is everywhere. Staff is very helpful. When you are in the position to choose to do something with your hard earned cash or even points, don't hesitate to book this resort. They will provide a wonderful experience that you will remember for ages and hook you in to keep returning. A fabulous stay and we look forward to spending many stays here. THANK YOU!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank tara.02
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just returned from my second visit in the last two months at this amazing property and I am so excited about my stay, I decided to write about it even before unpacking. This property is a true gem. What makes this hotel special is the most incredible staff coupled with exquisite grounds. My husband and I love the beach in that if is wide and very clean. I felt that it is prettier than many of the beaches in the Caribbean. The staff at this hotel is second to none. When arriving, several doormen and bellman greeted me immediately and made it their business to know my name and address me by name during my entire stay. The front desk staff were incredible. They were knowledgeable, caring and went out of their way to make us feel as if we were special guests because we were staying at the hotel. They are very pro making guests happy and I always left with a smile when I went to the front desk for anything. The two people I dealt with most was Ms. Eberling and Jack and though all the staff was wonderful, they were especially kind and considerate in every way. The Riva Restaurant for breakfast was a meal experience we both looked forward to each day. Again, the staff coupled with delicious breakfast items made each breakfast experience wonderful. The outdoor seating with the sounds of the ocean made us never to want to get up from the table. The breakfast buffet consisted of delicious fresh fruits, eggs, bread and muffin items, fresh squeezed juices and a variety of delicious menu items on days we did not wish to have the buffet. The service staff was excellent but if you see Teresa or John, seek them out. While the whole staff was wonderful, these two individuals were especially kind, considerate and wanting to make sure our breakfast experience was great. The spa is first rate with wonderful treatments and a pool with wonderful lounge chairs and a heated pool and jacuzzi. We spent time at both the beach and the pool and enjoyed the service of Kyle on the beach who set up chairs and umbrellas. He kept stopping by to make sure we were happy and projected the most sincere feeling to me and my husband of wanting us to relax and enjoy our beach experience. The rooms are quite nice with beautiful amenities and comfortable bedding. The housekeepers I dealt with could not have been nicer. While me and my husband have enjoyed traveling all over the world and experiencing many hotels, we both agree that we have never experienced such wonderful and caring service on a consistent basis as at this hotel.
I cant wait to return!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at this beautiful, well kept resort as prenights before our cruise. The hotel itself is beautiful and the location and views are spectacular. The staff at the resort were all very nice and went out of their way to help with anything that was needed. They even sent up a surprise plate of mini cupcakes with a signed birthday card to my room as a birthday gift. We were a bit weary of staying here as we read in other reviews about the distance to restaurants however, we had no issues with walking to places including the water taxi which was a 5 minute walk. The water taxi runs from morning until 10:30 at night & you can get on & off at the various stops whenever you want. I would definitely stay at this resort again as well as recommend to family & friends. The pool & beach were both very clean and well kept. The hotel also served free of charge, various snacks poolside throughout the days (trail mix, lemonade, chocolate chip cookies). They also always have water with fresh fruits in it poolside whenever you want it.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms provide much better ocean view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family