My husband and I (40+ year old, travel regularly to beachy places but always try to save money) first encountered the Harbor Beach Marriott at the end of a week-long vacation we had last year at the Key Largo Marriott. We were disappointed in that property, and moved over to the HB Marriott for the last night of our vacation. Needless to say we were stunned at the difference in the two resorts, and are now planning our third trip back!
The one downside to this resort are the rooms -- the standard rooms are VERY standard, with the unfortunately typical small Marriott bathroom. On our last stay we had a BEAUTIFUL Oceanfront room -- so if you can afford it, I highly recommend the upgrade. This is not an inexpensive hotel -- but in my opinion what you get for your money is well worth it.
So what DO you get? Well to me you get a real luxury resort feel without the hassle of the Caribbean, only 2+ hours from the NY/NJ area. On our last trip we flew non-stop from Atlantic City -- our flight left at 7:30am and by 10:30am we were checked into our room and on the beach...It's only a 10 minute cab ride from the airport, so we don't even rent a car -- if you like fine dining they have everything you need right on property. If you want to venture out you can walk to several spots, or take the water taxi to dining, shopping, sightseeing....
So...the pool is FABULOUS -- it's huge, with an easy step in end that families with kids generally congregate at....and a deep end with lots of lovely palm trees for shade if you need it (I do). There is also a lovely waterfall feature, and luxury cabanas that you can rent out. There is also great poolside service -- they'll bring you anything you like from the beach restaurant right to your chair.
So...the food is FABULOUS -- it's expensive, yes, but if you prefer not to eat fast food on your vacation it's going to cost money, right? Their breakfast buffet is quite pricey -- but with the coffee and juice included in the price we usually go for it -- although their a la carte breakfast items are great too - especially the omelette with asparagus and goat cheese. For lunch they have the Sea Level restaurant right on the beach. The food there is delicious---my favorite is the arugula salad with lump crab meet and a lemon vinaigrette -- YUM! Finally they have a serious modern gourmet restaurant for dinner, 3030. The food there is amazing -- we have had several things from the menu on our visits and they've all been fantastic. The sticky toffee pudding dessert is to die for!
So...the beach is BEAUTIFUL!! I'm a Jersey girl so I don't mind a wavy beach --- the sand at the HB Marriott beach is super soft, they have great beach service...but the pool is so nice we generally tend to hang out there the most.
So....there's more? Don't forget to get your spa on!!! They have a lovely spa on property that has it's own lounge and pool set up and away from the main hotel pool. The services and amenities there are great -- I had an eyebrow wax and a pedicure while I was there and I felt very pampered!
So....if the rooms were a bit bigger I would love this property even more, but if they were I probably wouldn't be able to afford it!!!! We'll be back the first week of June, and can't wait to be there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Breathe in the crisp ocean air and soak up the Sunshine State's radiant rays during a stay at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa. Situated along a quarter-mile of private beach, our Fort Lauderdale resort provides tropical tranquility while offering easy access to Fort Lauderdale airport and top attractions including Las Olas Boulevard. Dive into our refreshing lagoon pool, take to the Atlantic for jet skiing or snorkeling, or pamper yourself at our full-service spa. When it's time to refuel, savor innovative cuisine at one of our three restaurants, sip handcrafted cocktails while relaxing under swaying palm trees or perk up with a treat from Starbucks. Looking to gather your group or celebrate a wedding or special event? Impress your guests with a celebration on the beach, or host a night to remember in our spectacular ballroom with the ocean as your backdrop. Our stylish, redesigned guest rooms and suites are an ideal oasis after your adventurous day. Plan a getaway at our resort today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Harbor Beach Marriott Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Harbor Beach
- Marriott Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott
- Marriott Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott Ft Lauderdale