“great expirience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brooklyn, New York
“great expirience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2008

The Harbor Beach is located directly on the beach - thats huge plus in FLL where most of the hotels are seperate from the beach with the very busy road.
The receptions is very elegent, service excelent, elevator very fast.
I got oceanfront room with amanzing view for the ocean, absolutly great - everythink - from pillows, bed, sofa or plasma tv.
Room was huge, very clean, bathroom great - balcony kind tiny but still you can sit there and enjoy the view.
Swimingpool scene was amanzing, chair on the beach are include in the price and provied for the hotel.
Hotel offer amanzing Spa.
Breakfast is not complimentary - but is worth to eat there - for 20 $ you can get fresh preaper meal, fresh fruits and much more.. just deliciouse
Hotel is located on the side-pretty far from the downtown and many atractions of FLL.. you have to drive to get everywhere
I love the beach, rooms, service - but I dont like to price for that - 605 usd/night .

• Liked — comfort
  • Disliked — overpricing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
6 Thank gab29

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (784)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2008

I recently returned from a family stay at this resort. We went over the week between xmas and New Years, which made it insanely busy. Fortunately, the resort proved to be a great choice for a family vacation.
The property itself is very nice. The rooms, grounds, and facilities were very attractive and well maintained. Most impressive is the staff and manner in which the property is operated, especially with max capacity as it was over the busy week we were there. From the pool area, to housekeeping, to the restaurants - all ran very smoothly and professionally.
As others have pointed out, it is more expensive than one would expect from a Marriott. The food in particular was steep. For example, the breakfast buffet (good, not great) was $60 for four of us - and that's with the 2 kids being half price. Again, the service was terrific and you're on vacation, so you roll with it. The restaurant, 3030 Ocean, was excellent and worth trying.
The rooms are nice and adequately appointed. I was not impressed with the sheets - suprising rough for a modern bed.
The Spa is very nice and a good haven away from the kids if you can manage it. There is a charge to use it and the spa services are on the high end. It does have its own pool with limited seating - but very peaceful compared to the main pool scene.
The resort location is also very nice. It sits away from the congested Ft. Lauderdale hotel zone and has an excellent stretch of beach. It is a bit isolated, so one needs to take cabs or rent a car to get anywhere off property.
In sum, if you're looking for a place to go with kids - you will be happy with this choice. Romance seeking couples or older people seeking relaxation should probably look elsewhere.

• Liked — location and staff
  • Disliked — poor quality sheets, overpriced food
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank RSBJGB
FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2008

Nicely remodelled rooms but small bathroom. Great ocean view from the room lanai (4th floor). Common areas are too small at full occupancy, I could not get a lounge chair pool side....the lobby was over crowded during inclamate weather.....not enough elevators, I opted to walk up rather than wait sometimes. The spa is nice and has a small private pool. All in all it is a nice resort style hotel that seems a little out dated and expensive.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — lack of facilities / infastructure
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2007

My husband and I were here for a wedding and it was a wonderful hotel. Very clean and beautiful views. The rooms were big and comfortable. The bed was nice, but after a few nights, my back did start to hurt a little. The food was TERRIFIC! I did not have time to use the general pool but it looked nice and the hotel is right on the beach - great location! The spa was wonderful! Very very high prices, but you can stay the entire day in the spa area if you want to - they have a fitness center, their own pool and hot tub, sauna, steam room, etc.

We were there right after Christmas and the lobby was beautiful! They had a huge Christmas tree made entirely out of chocolate - over 3 million calories! It was exquisite looking!

Everything was clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here again and hope to do so in the near future.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Expensive
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ybgdess
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2007

I went there for a weekend getaway with my girlfriends coming from all parts of the world. At first glance, the entrance was a little shabby with all the construction around it - not at all the grand entrance I was hoping to a resort.

Once we were inside though, we were greeted very nicely. Our first room (one of the new ones) had a paint smell still so we were promptly moved to a lower level to a comparable (actually larger looking) room. So..no complaints there.

The hotel is nice but what gets the most kudos is the spa...very nicely laid out and with its own private pool for laps without interference from screaming children! Since I left mine at home, that was much appreciated!

All in all was a good stay. watch out for the very expensive parking, food onsite and eat out to the other more reasonably priced restaurants..enjoy the spa and the beautiful beach and you won't go wrong.

I would go back after all the construction is done around the hotel and within it. Right now, it's a little messy looking.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank travelbug73
Fairfield, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2007

This was my third stay at the Marriott Harbor Beach and the second time in one of the renovated rooms.

Check in was smooth and checking in a coworker was simple as well (some hotels can be difficult). The staff was friendly and offered twice to help me with my luggage. Having only two pieces, I declined. The conceirge was helpful in selecting two local restaurants that met our criteria of casual, non-chain restaurants with excellent food.

My renovated room had an ocean view, the first time I've had one at this property. If only the weather would have cooperated!

The renovations included a new flat screen TV, updated furniture and lighting, and updated bathroom. The working area is what impressed me the most: outlets in the base of the lamp that could power my laptop and recharge my blackberry, plus additional plugs below for my iPod and cell phone. The lighting was good and the desk spacious.

If only Marriott wouldn't charge $12.95/day for internet access!!!

I loved the closets! Two tiers with plenty of hangers, a space for the coffee maker and a standard hotel safe. What made it nice for me was the hardwood floor.

The sales and catering staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, providing suggestions for our upcoming event and helping us overcome some roadblocks.

The 3030 restaurant continues to serve excellent -- albeit pricey -- food and unique beverages.

The business center was standard although the person assisting me could have been more polite. I requested to pay via credit card (for expense purposes) but she insisted on charging it to my room because it was easier. I argued briefly, but there was a line forming and it wasn't worth the hassle.

The beach area is very nice, clean and easily assessible.

Unfortunately, the fitness center was very lacking. The equipment was crowded into a small area near the pool -- I got lost twice trying to find it -- and the equipment feels old. The elliptical machine was stiff and the treadmill had problems with the inclines. Towels were provided, but that was the only nice part about it. While one could argue "Why use the fitness center when you can walk on the beach?", it was cool and rainy while I was there.

I didn't order room service or valet park my car, so no comments on that.

Even with a questionable fitness, I will stay here again simply because the service has always been good.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Charging $$ for internet service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Belasaria
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2007

This weekend we were in Ft. Lauderdale for the boat show and I will say we were not able to get a room at the Marriott but stayed at a neighboring hotel and used the Marriott's beach .. and Thank God we did. Saturday my wife and I took our 3 children for a playtime on the beach and while playing our 4 year old daughter got out of our sight ... fll of fear and panic we began combing the area, assistance was plentiful and we found out little girl, with a lady making her a sand castle, this woman had our daughter totally distracted while on hold with the police on her cell phone no less! After a calm reunion (after all she was so entertained she didnt even realize she was lost) we thanked the lady and tried to reward her but she would have none of it making the comment our guest are our family ,even though based on the swim suite I will guess she was not on duty at the time, so I played with my distant family for a few minutes, why would you reward me for that and smiled at Eden (our daughter) saying good by and told us to enjoy our stay! While I can not fill out the guest card this time I will go to as many of these self advisor sites and tell this story, its the only reward we can give Ms. Kerry and Assistant, who never did tell me her last name, who I can only hope is what every Marriott Employee is like, Thank you!

• Liked — The Amazing Staff!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family