“My only compliant........ I wish I could have stayed longer!!”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 14, 2011

stayed here Memorial Day Weekend with a group of girlfriends & from start to finish.... it was EXCELLENT!!! The standard rooms were nicely decorated & very comfortable. After we checked in, the porter brought up our luggage, and also got some ice for us to cool our wine. We asked the reception staff several times for help, recommending local restaurants, transportation to the Hard Rock etc. and they were always very helpful & made reservations for us. The pool area is lovely & they provided chilled water to stayed hydrated, and also had free lemonade & cookies. The pool was very busy because it was the weekend, but it still didnt seemed crowded & it was easy to get around. We also had a delicious lunch at the Sea Level Restaurant & a pitcher of the watermelon margarita's, which I definately recommend you try! The only complaint I have is...... I wish I could have stayed longer! & when I go back to Flordia, I will definately go back to Ft Lauderdale & stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank cunga22

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a few nights after our cruise. Having stayed at Marriot hotels in the past, I was expecting a wonderful experience. It's too bad it was very disappointing. When bookiing the hotel, we asked for memory foam pillows but they were not in the room. After a rainy and cool beach experience, we couldn't get into our room with our room key. We didn't have our ID with us so we had to wait several minutes for security to come open our door for us. It wasn't a major incovenience but I would expect room keys can get you into the room.

At one point, a hotel staff person knocked at the door and then proceeded to come into the room without waiting. I know we should have had the lock on it but we also didn't expect that someone would come right in. We complained but nothing was really done.

The food options are very limited. The first evening we ordered room service and it was overpriced for pasta. The second evening we went to the mall and enjoyed PF Changs. As we don't mind walking, we spent about 30 minutes getting to the mall. The location is ok and close to the port which was a cheap cab ride.

After this Marriot experience, I'm not sure I would stay again at one in the US. Maybe I'll stick to the ones in Canada where I've had wonderful experiences.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LovingSunandSand
Reviewed June 13, 2011

the hotel was beautiful and had a lot of stuff to do on the weekends for the kids free cookies and lemonade face painting...the beach was gorgeous and clean.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank bebeyourself
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I did alot of research prior to taking a solo trip. This was ultimately the resort I chose based on reviews, the fact that it was a Marriott and the photos/description on the hotel web site.

From the moment I walked into the lobby, I literally went "ahhh!". It's a beautiful hotel and the staff were so friendly. I had asked to get upgraded from a city view and they gave me a pool view, with partial ocean. I loved the view.

The room was nice and just right. The bed is very comfortable with great linens. The ONLY issue I can say I had, was there were 2 hairs in the tub when I checked in, one not being from a person's head. I was grossed out but used a tissue to remove it and dealt with it.

The grounds are amazing, lush, spacious, well tended and lots of seating spread throughout. The pool is awesome, clean, large and lots of comfortable chairs around. You get a towel card and this allows you two fresh towels. You just return your towels and get your card back when done.

The pool has service to the Sea Level restaurant. The food is pretty good, but def high-priced, as expected at a hotel (ie $10 hot dog, although it's a great hot dog!). You can also walk up and get items from Sea Level's "To Go" window too. The bathrooms are nearby and very clean and spacious, to include a locker room.

Then there is the perfect beach....there are wooded stairs and little boardwalks leading down to the beach. The beach is beautiful and never crowded (at least during the 5 days I was there). There are beach chairs and you can rent umbrellas or little cabanas. There is also a truck that drives around to sell cold items from Sea Level on the beach!

I did not go to any other restaurants besides Sea Level, but the other ones looked nice. There is a Starbucks right in the lobby- awesome! To save money, I got coffee and oatmeal in the morning vs a large breakfast at the restaurants that served breakfast.

In the evening, I went to the outdoor bar at Sea Level and enjoyed happy hour drinks/food. Everyone is friendly and I never felt odd being solo. On weekends, there was a great band that played outside. I can't recall their name but they were awesome.

I did take advantage of the spa and had a fantastic massage (Zen body massage and Zen scalp massage). It was pricey, but the spa is beautiful and relaxing; plus you get use of the spa for the day (nice, private pool).

The fitness center is fabulous...clean, nice modern equipment and views of the ocean. I loved working out there and I highly recommend the Beach Bootcamp run by Lt. Col Bob, right on the beach. It costs $10 for hotel guests and it's well worth it.

There are lots of things within walking distance from the hotel, (shops, restaurants, etc). I ventured out once and never felt the need to again! I did meet up with a friend and went to the Galleria which was a nice outdoor shopping area with great restaurants (highly recommend Seasons 52).

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel/resort, from the views, to the staff, to the amenities...I loved my stay and want to come back ASAP. Thank you Harbor Beach Marriott for a fabulous stay and making my solo vacation so awesome!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank RipleyNewJersey
Reviewed June 13, 2011

~ ARRIVING - first impressions were horrible. Tried to unload the bags and help my pregnant wife into the hotel and the valet didnt want to even allow us just a few minutes to do this without hassling us about stopping in front of the hotel doors.

~ PARKING FEE - we had a rental car for one night and parking charge is outrageous of $25.00 per night. Our card never worked to enter or exit self park garage. And they charge us for two nights. Disputed second charge and it was removed.

~ LOBBY NOISE - first imprerssion. Very loud and busy. Too many business people.
Felt more like an airport than a nice hotel.

~ No free wifi in room - RIDICULOUS! $12.95 charge for wifi in your room. Only place to get free wifi is the lobby. Such a joke.

~ VERY EXPENSIVE FOOD - not worth it. Breakfast - a belgian waffle is $17.

~ LOUD ROOM next door - could hear the people next door very early in the morning.

~ OVERALL - NOT WORTH IT . I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This place is meant more for business travelers and seminars. We stayed here for two nights june 9 & 10 and were swarmed by hotel guests that were in for a business conference and were exteremly rude, in a hurry, and increased each day.

We highly reccommend finding a different hotel if you are planning your stay for a honeymoon. Please read the other 20% of negative reviews to see this perspective. Sadly, we overlooked those when choosing this hotel.

The rooms were not soundproof and we were on the top (14th) floor. We could hear the two businessmen next door at 7 am discussing their days seminars and also complaining about the front desk staff. Not the way we wanted to wake up on our 6th day of our honeymoon.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2011

From the moment we check in to the moment we checked out we had superior service. Special thanks to Richard Amparo for making sure ever detail during our stay was covered. I would highly recommend this hotel. The restuarant 3030 was awesome.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business