Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Sea Beach Plaza(Fort Lauderdale)
Good 3.5/5
Bahia Beach Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)
  • Pool
Bahia Cabana Beach Resort(Fort Lauderdale)
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)
3,205 results
All reviewssea levelriva restaurantprivate beachkids clubocean frontbeach barbeautiful resortpool arearesort feeplenty of chairsoceanfront roomlarge pooltennis courtsbeach staffself parkinglounge chairsfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 27, 2007

We are Marriott fans - have a silver card and own one of their timeshares
So when invited to a conference in Fort Lauderdale we were pleased it was at the Marriott
Room - no requested king size bed available
Sea view !!!!- we were on 2nd floor - view was of the hospitality tent - but could just sea the top of palm trees and the sky- -- Room was tired - and in need of a "make over " - many rooms were being "improved " and we could hear drilling and banging from 8am - 10pm
Housekeeping - we were there for 6 nights - only once was our room cleaned before noon - all other days it was mid afternoon
Pool - large many many many rows of seats ! !!
Food - pool snack bar - OK
Italian restaurant - not OK
Fish Restaurant - wonderful but expensive

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank barbexpat
Reviewed October 7, 2007

We stayed at the resort from the 8 September for twelve nights, through Virgin Holidays. Check in was quick and friendly and straight away they stated that we got free self parking through virgin. We were given Ocean view rooms and what a view it was. I never tired of sitting on the balcony and soaking it up. The room was very comfortable with a large comfy bed, and every night we had chocolates left for us which was a nice touch. We requested a fridge for the room and one was bought up and allowed us to buy our soda etc at Publix. The staff throughout our stay were friendly and courteous and went out of their way to greet us, and I have to say that it was probably the best service we have recieved in ten years of visiting Florida.
The beach area was gorgeous and we took advantage of the free loungers every day, and in fact during our stay all the pool furniture was replaced with new, and although we never sat by the pool as we preferred the beach it was an excellent pool.
There is free ice water at the beach and beside the pool with free lemonade and cookies every afternoon and free water at the reception area. The lobby area was wonderful with loads of comfy sofas, and was a great place to sit and drink the starbucks which was available in the hotel.
A wonderful hotel with a wonderful beach location and great friendly staff, so much so that if we had not already booked next years holiday we would be going back, but will be the following year for sure.

Stayed: September 2007
8  Thank steveTcheshireUK
Reviewed October 6, 2007

My wife had problems from the beginning of her stay. The staff charged her credit card twice for her room, then said they weren't able to reverse the charges because their "system" won't allow them too (nonsense), then proceeded to lecture her about how it was not their problem...by the end of the exchange she was in tears...the staff was rude, careless and inconsiderate... you would think Marriott could afford some remedial sales training with what they charge for their rooms...this is the SECOND time either I or my wife have been mistreated at this Marriott...there will not be a third. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
7  Thank WorldTravel1usa
Reviewed September 23, 2007

Decided to take a 3 day trip to Ft. Lauderdale to celebrate my birthday. My friend and I really enjoyed this hotel. I arrived around noon and my room was ready although checkin was really 4:00. I was impressed at how fast the check-in process was.

When I went to my room it was very clean and the beds are very comfortable. I changed to my bathing suit and went to the pool for lunch. They have a pool side food area that served drinks and lunch. EXCELLENT!!

Went to dinner at the 3030. The food was very good. Some might think it was expensive but for $38.00 we had a full course lobster dinner. Great service and great food. Went there 2 nights out of our stay!!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice pool, nice beach access!!!! I highly recommend staying here!

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank greeniis
Reviewed August 30, 2007

hI stayed at the Marriott Harbor Beach at the end of August for 6 nights. It was terrific, to say the least. If your looking for a relaxing beach vacation at a nice clean resort in South Florida, then this is for you. I read some of the negative reviews before I booked, and decided to take a chance anyway. Let me tell you they were wrong. Making a Mountain out of a Mole Hill in most cases.

To start off with, I always stay at the best Hotels, no matter where I go. No I am not rich, but when I go on vacation I go the extra mile for my family. After all, a great vacation creates memories that last forever.

Right off the bat, I have been to Fort Lauderdale many times since I was a kid. This is the best in the city. However you do need a rental car to go exploring. Parking at the Hotel is about $24.00 a day. Valet parking is about $28.00 a day. I know its expensive, but do the Valet for the extra money. When you ready to go out, just dial Valet Service and your car is ready for you by the time you get down stairs. Of course a $ 1.00 tip is a nice gesture.

The lobby is awesome and check-in was a breeze. Starbucks is also a plus.There are some conventions at the Hotel, but not a distraction. The Hotel is undergoing room remodeling at the present time, and it will be completed in October. I didn't really notice the construction. I was checked into a non- renovated room, but it was still nice with a balcony facing the pool. Housekeeping was great, turn down service and chocolate mints to boot. There is also an area down stairs that offers several computers with internet and printer capabilities. For a fee of course. But, you really should'nt be surfing the net on vacation. You could also rent beach items and Jets Skis
etc.

The beach is fantastic and the pool is great. Chairs or lounges at both are free, but there is a small charge for umbrellas and lounge cushions. There is a large pool bar and a smaller beach side bar. There is also beach side and pool side food and drink service.

Here is the deal. The food and drinks at the Hotel are very expensive. The restaurants serve food that is O.K. but I would eat out. There is excellent dining available in the city for a fraction of the cost.

Here is what we did. On the day of our checkin, we drove down to the Publix Supermarket and stocked up on snacks, soda, bottled water, plastic cups, and a cheap stirofoam cooler for the room. We also went next door to the Supermarket to the largest liquor store I ever seen. We got some beer, wine, and liquor. We brought all this back to the Hotel and stocked it in our room. Remember, down the hall was an ice machine for the cooler.

Every afternoon, I would make my wife a stiiff drink in the room and I would put a few beers in my backpack, and down to the pool or beach we would go. Very economical and smart. Believe me, I am not cheap. But I refuse to pay $ 6.50 for a can of beer at the pool or $4.00 for a bottle of water.

Overall, this Hotel is the best Fort Lauderdale has to offer. Clean, upscale, and the largest private beach in the city. It is expensive to stay but it is worth it, in my opinion. The service was great and all the employees were professional and curteous.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank guerra1406