We stayed at the Grande for 2 nights before a cruise and one night after.
The first 2 nights:
When we first got there, I thought it was amazing. The staff was very helpful at first and it seemed like there were plenty of people around to cater to your every need. The room we had was very nice. It was large and had an awesome shower and a great balcony. On our second day there, however, our room never got cleaned. When I called the front office to get some clean towels, I mentioned this and the person I talked to was very rude. She didn't apologize at all and told me it was our fault our room didn't get cleaned. She said that because we had the do not disturb sign on in the morning, the maids didn't come in. I explained to her that it was ONLY on in the morning, and the rest of the day it was off. She continued to tell me it was our fault, but they would send towels up. About a half hour later, someone came to the door with 4 towels. Then a half hour after that someone else brought 5 more! I realize they were trying to take care of the problem, but 9 towels for 2 people?!
The other problem we encountered was when we tried to order room service. I tried calling for about a half hour and the phone would just ring, and ring. I finally called the front desk again to ask if room service was closed (even though it was only 8:00PM) and the front desk person said she would write down our room number and have them call me. An hour later, we finally got a call, and were able to place our order. We only ordered one brownie ($16!!!!) and it took another hour before we even got it!!
Checking out was easy, and uneventful. When we went outside to get a taxi, it was an absolute zoo. They say you don't need to call ahead, but we should have! We were the 17th people in line to get a cab. It didn't take too long, but it was just a big mess.
After the cruise:
Our night after the cruise was pretty uneventful, besides when we were checking in. When we went to check in their system crashed, so we had to wait around until they got it fixed. It probably only took a half hour, so it wasn't too bad. Once we got checked in to our room, everything else went smoothly. We decided not to even bother with room service, and ordered Pizza Hut for dinner. It was much easier, cheaper and MUCH quicker that ordering from the hotel (which doesn't make sense). Checking out was very easy and getting a cab to the airport was also very easy. The first time we got a cab must have been a much busier time.
Overall, the hotel was very nice, staff...not so much. I might stay there again if I got a great deal on a room, and knew to not expect much as far as customer service goes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers the ultimate location on the Intracoastal Waterway. Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina is a stunning resort-style hotel close to the city's vast attractions including Las Olas Boulevard, which is alive with shops, restaurants and bars. All guest rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows delivering amazing views of downtown, the Intracoastal Waterway or the bustling Fort Lauderdale marine port. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel Yacht Club
- Grande Hotel Fort Lauderdale