This is a lovely resort. My main problem was the staff of the place. Not one person here was friendly to us. My husband and I booked for 2 nights before our cruise last week at the suggestion of some friends who had already booked the week prior. They went on and on about this fabulous shower! So we wanted to be together so we sucked up the outrageous rates (at that time $239, which included breakfast) and booked a week after them. We checked in first and our room was not ready at 12noon...understandable since 8 cruises were leaving the next day. So, they took our cell phone number and added us to a list of 3 other people they would call when our room was ready. We changed in teh bathroom and went out to the jam packed pool and bar area. Finally got some food service and snagged a few chairs by the pool. When we went to look for towels we were told the man would be right out with some clean ones. He finally shows up 3 1/2 hours later with 5 clean towels that all get taken before I can even get close to him. So it is now 4:30 and we decide to check on the check in process. Room is ready but I asked why no one had called us as we were waiting by the pool. "I have no idea why you were not called" OK..so, I let it go...get up to our room and go right to the shower. Nothing looks different. I don't know what it is suppose to be so I let it go. I went to take a shower to see if I was missing something....It is this water comb thing...Very strange and hard to manage...Not gettting the whole showere thing. So our friends arrive and we meet them downstairs to find out there room is $75 less than our room AND they have the cool shower which apparently we did not get. I ask about the difference in rates and the check in dude says "They booked before you"...so it was like 5 days before us. He then says he can take off the breakfast bar and we could say $25. Gee Thanks! So we go on and I understand you win some you lose some. We paid $75 more a night and They got the better room, better view, better shower. Which I would never have known if our friends weren't there. After several other issues I did speak to a manager and got $50 off but I still had the bad taste since I had to complain like 5 times. We would not stay here again, not because of the issue about the price but because of the rudeness of the staff here..and their almost unwillingness to even smile or be polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers the ultimate location on the Intracoastal Waterway. Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina is a stunning resort-style hotel close to the city's vast attractions including Las Olas Boulevard, which is alive with shops, restaurants and bars. All guest rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows delivering amazing views of downtown, the Intracoastal Waterway or the bustling Fort Lauderdale marine port. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel Yacht Club
- Grande Hotel Fort Lauderdale