“Great Amenities, Poor Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Ranked #57 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Amenities, Poor Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed here one night and enjoyed the amenities on the property. The pool/bar area is really fun! Drinks and food are a little pricey, but that's to be expected at a hotel restaurant.

Most people staying at this hotel are leaving on a cruise or arriving from one. There are shuttles to the port. The front desk staff is very friendly and pretty fast.

The room was spacious and was your standard hotel room. Nothing over-the-top. The only negative is the location. It's kind of tucked near a bridge with no great views (at least not from my room). To access the beach you have to drive/walk over the bridge and along a busy street. There really aren't any good restaurants or nightlife within walking distance. Since I was here for a work trip it wasn't a big deal. But if I return to the area for a personal trip I'll be choosing a different hotel in a better location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (951)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I took my in-laws on a weekend trip down to Ft. Lauderdale and choose this hotel to stay at. As a Hilton diamond member I obviously prefer staying at Hiltons. Having never stayed in Ft lauderdale I had to rely on reviews to decide where to stay. While I read the negitive reviews about the hotel (there were positive too) most complaints were aimed at the high cost of everything, while I agree the prices were a bit high (especially for Florida), there were inline with what I would expect for a resort type Hilton in a tourist area.

Overall we enjoyed our stay. As a diamond member I stayed on a HHonnor floor (12) with only one more floor higher than that. We had a nice view of the inter-coastal and part of the Atlantic with great balcony for taking in the scenery. The valet people were very friendly and helpful. At check in the woman was nice and seemed pleasant but only one of our 2 rooms were ready. I took the keys for my room and gave them my cell number to call when the second room was ready. I never received that call and had to go back to the front desk to get the keys.

My issue with the hotel is I really didn't feel appreciated as a diamond member. While I obviously received my standard benefits I didn't get the extras I have grown accustom to over the years. For instance, I get breakfast coupons as part of my stay. How they worked were not explained to me. For those who would like to know, this is how they work. If the back are brown in color you have 2 options:
1. Go to the lobby and receive a breakfast sandwich, a second item (fruit or yogurt or the like) and two beverages (coffee and wafer for example) included for free.
2. Go to the dinning room off the pool and have a hot buffet that includes an omelet station and fresh waffles. There is an $8 plus tax upgrade fee for this.
While I have seen similar upgrade options at other Hilton I do not know how some customers received gold back coupons and received option 2 for free.

Other dislikes included no pantry that I could find, this really is an issue since there was no vending machine on the room floor making grabbing a late night drink an issue. Signage was lacking so it was difficult at first to know where everything was. No hot tub at the pool and no staff to control the young kids running around the pool. At the pool bar, the staff was friendly but took way to long to ask you for another drink once you cup was empty and no prices are listed on any drink menus. While the desk staff said there were many choices for walking dinning options, no map or recommendation were made leaving us to use our iPhone to Google where to go (Pro Tip: no to far of a walk is a Duffy's sport bar. Good food and all drinks are 2 for 1 all day)

There were good things too, the water taxi stopped at the hotel. The room were clean and comfortable (there did appear to be some minor water damage around my shower). Not my 2 room only have shower and no bath tubs, this was a small issue for my wife who loves to take baths. The location is not bad but not close to the beach. The food was good for breakfast. The prices for the room were also very reasonable.

Again, overall I enjoyed the stay. I wished it was more from what I expect. While I would stay here again when in the area, it would not be my first choice.

Room Tip: The cruise terminal is right across the street. A great place to stay the night before/after your cr...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank j7469
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This was our second stay at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina. The staff was excellent and the room was excellent as well. We enjoyed the pool area and spent time relaxing while the kids swam. The hotel is in a great area and is convenient to all the surrounding things to do. One great part of the hotel is it is one of the stops for the local water taxi. The outside bar is a great way to spend a relaxing evening along the marina. Our room had a great view of the cruise ships and Inter-coastal Waterway. The Waterway Room was great restaurant with views of the passing yachts and boats. A great place to stay and play......highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael S
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Hilton Marina is a great location. The minute you step through the front door you have the feel of Florida. It's mid century with a Florida flare and is very inviting.
It's a busy hotel full of tourists leaving or returning from a cruise as the cruise dock is right next door or full of people at a convention as the convention center is also next door. The lobby was a little busy.
We had a great room on the 11th floor. We had a fun view of the pool and the waterway. I could just sit on your balcony and watch the view for hours. The view changed with the sun and the clouds and was captivating.
The room also was very modern with Florida blues and whites to give one the feel of where you are.
We enjoyed our stay here and I would be back in a heartbeat. I wish TripAdvisor would have a rating system with half stars as this hotel deserves a 4.5 rating. I got dinged a few points only because it was always so busy and that they don't offer 24 hour room service. However minus those two small things, we had an excellent stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James S
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I love the location and was very excited to go there. Upon arrival the veneer quickly wore off. The rooms were plain. Internet login protocols were too cumbersome in this day and age. Restaurant staff seemed very confused

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Very nice, clean and friendly hotel. A lot of nice relaxing area’s to sit in the lobby and loads outside.
The lobby is very spacious and you can get tea, coffee, soft drinks and something light to eat.
The pool area is great and perfect for children of all ages. There is a large bar outside by the pools with lots of tables and chairs and bar stools if you like sitting right at the bar.

The hotel has two parts, the main hotel with about 10 floors then outside by pool there are 2 floor rooms. One ground level and one floor above overlooking the pools which are great if you want to run down one set of stairs to get to the pool and bar area. Not sure if there is an elevator for the one floor.
The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are very clean and large with all the usual things you would expect like Mimi bar, iron, big TV, A/C and tea and coffee in the room also.

The hotel is in a perfect area and only a few mins taxi ride to Miami Beach. If you come out of the hotel and turn left you have the beach. You could walk but I would say jump in a cab for $5 each way.
If you come out of the hotel a turn right and walk up 17th Street there are lots of shops on both sides of the road and places to eat and drink like a steak house on 10th street.If you walk west on 17th street then left onto 10th street and the steak house is on the right.
There is also a really nice Irish bar on the corner of 17th and 10th street. Well west on 17th and you will see the Irish bar on the right, they also have live music in the some nights.

We were there 1 night because we were joining the Allure of the sea's cruise ship the following day so this hotel is perfect if you are going on a cruise the following day.
When you come out of the lobby you will see the cruise ships docked on the other side of the road.
So to round up this hotel is see ratings below

Traval times

2 mins to Miami beach (Taxi)
2 Mins to Fort Lauderdale cruise port (taxi) $5 mini bus $20 each that’s why I say taxi :)
30 Mins to Miami Cruise port Taxi $70+ tip (you can get transfer bus from the hotel)
30 Mins to Miami international Airport Taxi $70+ tip (you can get transfer bus from the hotel $25 Each)
12Mins to Fort Lauderdale Airport (taxi or bus)

Room Tip: Perfect if your going on a cruise the following day and very close to the beach.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank HSV_Andy_UK
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina and enjoyed lounging by the pool and activities available. The staff brings fruit poolside as a snack and their are drink specials at poolside bar. Close to the causeway and beaches and Hilton does provide a free shuttle to one of the Fort Lauderdale beaches with a short walk to restauarants from drop-off location. Staff is very attentive and rooms comfortable. The gym has state-of-the art treadmills that I still brag about if you want to stay fit during your stay.

Room Tip: There are rooms in the Tower that have greater views of ocean and intercoastal if that is your goal.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends