“clean room friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Ranked #54 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Boston, Massachusetts
“clean room friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed here a night before a cruise. The room was updated clean. Pretty basic. The check in was speedy and the staff was really friendly. Parking is extra but that is kind of expected in south florida for any non budget motel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,029)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Spartanburg, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with several business associates for two days. It's a cool looking retro property. When I checked in I got to my room and unpacked and when I kicked off my shoes the floor was soaking wet. I called down and they offered to switch rooms, but I had just unpacked so I asked if they could send someone up to dry it. The carpet had just been shampooed. I went downstairs and met my friends for dinner. When I returned about 3 hours later no one had been to my room! I called down and they said they were sorry. I had left the patio door open so the floor was drying. They said a manager would call me back. No manager ever called back. I did get two drink tickets slid under my door. I guess that is easier than actually speaking to a guest.
The rooms were nice, beds were very low to the floor.
I had dinner one night and drinks at the pool bar. The pool bar was ok. There were three bartenders and aboy 10 guests. We had to ask for another drink every time. We ate dinner at the Asian restaurant. The food and service was very good.
I had to use the business center, it was poorly stocked and not user friendly.
Overall I give this place a "C". It could be so much more. Not sure I will be back

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank adam-kelley
Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed here after cruising for one night before flying home which we have done before and we really like the location and the hotel is not bad especially for the reasonable rate. We are normally always pleased with Hilton Hotels and as a Gold Hilton Honors member we enjoy the extra perks. We decided to wait around by the pool until our (3) rooms were ready. The pool was very busy and my husband and I had ordered a few beers from the waiter that was coming by. As it progressed later into the afternoon our kids (4 teens) wanted something to eat and we couldn't find the waiter that had previously served us so I instructed them to go over to the bar and order their food which arrived about 20-25 mins later and we still hadn't seen the waiter so I went over to the bar to get the kids all a soda and a pina colada for myself. I did this because they had told me they were rude to them when they placed the food order and of course they couldn't order my pina colada. So, I walked up was not greeted and waited for about 3 minutes when another young woman walked up to the bar beside me and she was served by Gerard right away so I said "I have been waiting to order
and Gerard responded well I am busy." His demeanor and attitude was not necessary and certainly not what you want to deal with as a paying customer. Then I was informed that they were out of glasses and my drinks would be in 3 oz cocktail cups but I would still pay full price. I was actually served the pina colada in (3) 3 oz cocktail cups. And I paid $3.25 for a 3 oz. coke. I went inside to speak with a manager and was referred to Susie who did apologize however at this point I don't think redemption was available. She did put a bottle of champagne in our room (which we don't drink) but I suppose it was a nice gesture. I think I will look for something else when traveling to Fort Lauderdale in the future as a result of this last visit. Which is sad because this could and should be a great little spot to stay. We did have a very nice experience with all the guys from the Valet so hats off to their management because they all do a nice job and were very courteous.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
summit, nj
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night in May after a late night flight arrival at FLL airport. Location was very convenient to the airport, only 10 mins drive. Very good rates for a Hilton, but the hotel amenities are below par for a Hilton. Nice pool area with water views.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel needs to be updated or at least the furnishings cleaned and repaired. Bathroom could have used a better cleaning. My daughter and I did not feel completely safe walking the hallway to our room in the evenings. The internet had very low signal and as a Hilton member/vacation owner, I was charged for wireless internet. You might as well do Valet parking since self parking is only going to save you $3. This way you don't have to worry about finding parking in their small lot that is kind of dark. I love the Hilton, but I wouldn't stay at this one again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank LaRhonda G
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Larhonda G,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share your observations. We sincerely value your loyalty to Hilton. We are working on a wide variety of maintenance and update projects including new guest room carpeting and beds. Thank you for alerting us about the cleanliness issues you encountered and we apologize for any discomfort this caused you and your daughter. We will use your comments to ensure we're meeting guest needs. We hope we can invite you back for the great stay you expect and deserve.
Warm regards,
Neal Spivack, Director of Rooms, neal (dot) spivack (at) hilton (dot) com

Travelers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Liked the décor, and it's close to airport. Not too far away from beaches. Good prices ($150 less a night than beach hotels). Parking lot gate system is jacked. You can get cheaper drinks at bar around corner. Restaurants are really one restaurant, they have the same menu, which is limited, but the food did look good. Business center, like the rest of the hotel structure is old. Beds were nice. Patio off room is nice, but showing it's age. Didn't use gym or pool, but also looked nice, along with pool furniture.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Saint James City, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

What a great experience checking in at this hotel. We were greeted by Elena Dorvilus who not only had a great smile but was able to fulfill all our needs. Hotel has a great view. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Request intercoastel side.