“bad hotel”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Ranked #55 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed November 20, 2013

room was smoke free but my room was not, so I had to leave the outside door open at all time I felt very un safe. Was 13 empty beer bottles food and other items on the floor it took the hotel to clean up the mess after I called them three times. I felt very uneasy when the housekeeper reclean my room the glares she gave me. I was in room 420.

Room Tip: don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank silverbee1
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Silverbee1,
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your candid feedback. All of our guest rooms are intended to be non-smoking, although it is difficult to control; we apologize that we didn’t catch the smoke in your room, and didn’t follow up promptly. A special thank you for providing the room number so that we can trace and counsel the team members involved. We hope you will give us another chance when your travels bring you back to sunny Fort Lauderdale.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I booked a king tower view of the marina for 4 nights at this location. I My flight arrived late in the evening and I was exhausted from work. I notified the hotel twice that day what time flight would be in. I was told my room would be secure. We got to the door with luggage and there were no bellmen. We went to the front desk to check in the Front Desk Agent took my credit card and gave me two room keys told me to head out of the hotel and use the elevators to my left to reach the room.

I get in different building from the main hotel and the elevator did not work. I asked for assistance from a passing employee she said to use the back door which had another elevator that lead to the floor of my room. This elevator was in the back of the hotel and mind you it is 12am at night. I am the only person (women) at this back entrance way.

Get to my room lugging my own luggage finally. Open the door and this is a double bed with a view of the parking lot and the express way. The room smelled of moth balls. The dresser had water stains from the coffee machine. The room was not clean! I contacted the front desk and the lady told me this was due to a request for a stay over from another guest for the tower room.... And she would have my room available the next day. As a courtesy I would have breakfast credit the next morning. I was hung up on by guest services when I asked about room service. Not once, but twice! I decided I needed to go to bed to escape this nightmare!
The next mornings I go down to the front desk speak with the front desk agent and she apologized and gave the breakfast credit. Midday I was in the correct room.
Left a message for the Front Desk manager and never received a call back.

PLEASE DO NOT BOOK A ROOM IN THE WEST VILLA! That part of the hotel is not kept up at all. It is not a reflection of the main part of the hotel guest rooms. It looks like a Motel 8!
The tower view was great. The service for these guest rooms were like night and day. The staff was attentive and welcoming. There should not be a difference in the respect that you receive regardless of the type of room you may be occupying.

The outside lounge area of the hotel was not clean at all. There were cups and food lying around at 3pm in the afternoon. This is prime time for check in. This area should be a focal point for the hotel. It’s an amazing common area for guest to catch sun as well as have drinks and talk. This should be looked into immediately.

This was the last straw. I went to the hotel store. I asked cashier, “How is your day going"? She in returns says, “Do you like this hotel?" “Because I hate it!" ...... I could not believe what I heard come out of her mouth! I asked her what didn’t she like. She says, “It’s cheap and I just don’t like it!" She went on to say I should have booked at the Hyatt. I was to out done! Here I am trying to share some positivity about her hotel and she insists on telling me how I am wrong and to leave this place!

Needless to say I will NEVER... NEVER…. return to this establishment. The management in this hotel needs to sit down and have a serious meeting in regards to customer services and what hospitality is about.

Kudos to Demitrius at the pool/Eduardo the server... Best employees they have. Very personable and helpful.

Room Tip: Always go for the tower suites
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank okay1894

Dear okay1894,
We’re so sorry about the string of inconveniences you experienced while you were our guest, and appreciate your taking the time to tell us. We have shared your review with the team for their learning and improvement. We have tried and tried to repair two elevators in our West Villa, without success; a complete modernization has been approved and is being designed and manufactured, with installation to start in December. Thank you for acknowledging Demetrius, our pool ambassador, and Eduardo at our G Bar and Grill.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This hotel was in an excellent situation convenient for Cruise Terminal, water taxi service and tour bus. The rooms were spacious and pleasant with tea/coffee facilities. We felt the range of food was limited as the only evening restaurant was Asian which was not to our taste.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Andrew K,
We appreciate your taking time to write a review of your stay. In addition to Nanking which serves Asian fusion, our G Bar and Grill, poolside, serves dinner, as well as Antea, our lobby bar. There are several restaurants on 17th Street within a half mile walk, and several more within a mile (or a short taxi ride).

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

The structure of the room seems to have many renovations but the roof on the balcony has painted wood showing the age of the hotel. All other amenities are well kept or in good repaired conditions. The highlight of this hotel is the patio, pool and marina. Overall it was worth it to stay one night.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Lyzander22,
The Florida climate (salt air, warm humidity) attracts visitors from all over the world, and also presents challenges for building maintenance; we work hard to keep on top of it. Thanks for giving us a tip about a spot to watch for. We do indeed offer a lush pool-scape with our G-Bar and Grill, yachts, and views of why Fort Lauderdale is known as the Venice of America.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I came down with a few friends just to relax looking on the web site I was ready experience a great vacation ignoring what I saw on trip advisor. Upon check inn the young lady was rude seem as if I was a problem. Had issues with my keys, parking and reaching the operator.Came down ready to cut my 5 day vacation short the night shift is so different charline took care of went out to the parking lot to help me sice my key malfunction again apologize numerous times,gave me a upgrade .With a line wrap around the corner she still manage to make me feel as if it was all about me.this is customer service she made sure I didn't leave without a smile on my face.

Room Tip: Tower 14th floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Marie J,
You made Charline’s day by giving her a headline on Trip Advisor! Thank you for acknowledging her warm, attentive service. She is inspiration to our entire team about how to turn around your experience of earlier issues.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We are two couples who stayed one night i.e Oct.26th.2013 at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina.
This hotel is located 10 minutes from the Port Everglades cruise port.Check-in was really fast .
Kudos to Sheri who gave us a nice quiet room.As we were quite early(check in is at 4.p.m),Sheri gave us the key to the guest bathroom to freshen up. We left our luggage with the concierge and wasted no time to walk to the surrounding area( Walgreen is a block away).
The room was very neat and tidy - so was the bathroom.
There was a Bar Mitzvah at the hotel that night. I also met a group of dentists who were staying at the hotel before their cruise.
Channel who served us at the outdoor bar was very friendly in taking care of our order .
We did not have a buffet breakfast ($29 per person) since we were heading to the port earlier,but instead had coffee and toast in the lobby.
Overall this is a lovely hotel with nice modern décor.I will stay here again when I go to Fort Lauderdale again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room .
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank salimhirji77

Dear Salio,
We’re happy you and your friends stayed with us and we appreciate your taking the time to share your experiences on Trip Advisor. Thank you for mentioning great service from our team members – we give special recognition to those mentioned by name on Trip Advisor. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel is located just a short distance from Port Everglades, so it was a great location to stay the night before our cruise. The front of the hotel does not lend itself to the unique charm this hotel really has. It is set up under the bridge that goes over the intercoastal.
Through the lobby and out the back door you are on the walkway that surrounds the pool and the hotel. All along the walkway you will find slip after slip of yachts from $4 million dollars to well over $250 million. As we made our way around the hotel we saw Steven Spielberg's yacht. A local told us that he rarely uses this giant yacht, but he finds terminally ill children and he invites them and their entire family including aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents to travel on board this yacht for a trip of their life. It is a beautiful ship! There are many of these huge yachts in the area, and I am sure that this is why the food and drink prices at this hotel are through the roof.
We went for the morning buffet, and to be honest, it was nothing more than what you can get at many 3 star hotels for free. Scrambled eggs, bagels, muffins, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, and cereal. The total price for my wife and I with tip was over $50. It was definitely not $50 worth of food!
We were sitting poolside and watched a woman next to us get a frozen drink and it was nearly $20 for a clear plastic cup with her frozen drink in it.
So, if you are looking to eat there are nearby restaurants that are much more reasonable!

Room Tip: About a half mile from the hotel are several restaurants and stores. They are much more economical t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dougmet,
It’s nice here at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina to be renowned by locals and visitors alike, as offering one of Fort Lauderdale’s most luscious and tropical pool-scapes. Our guests relax in this oasis off the Intracoastal Waterway, surrounded by gorgeous yachts and fishing vessels, and serviced with a smile by our often mentioned Pool Ambassador and G-Bar staff! We are adding new items to our breakfast buffet (e.g. waffles) and daily specials (e.g. corned beef hash or grits). Our prices do indeed match our Fort Lauderdale competition.