“Nothing Exceptional”

Ranked #54 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
PA
“Nothing Exceptional”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Not what you'd expect from a full-service Hilton. Rooms are pretty much standard - nothing the hotel could brag about. Nice pool area and pool bar serving lunch and dinner. Inside lobby bar overpriced, and bartender also takes room service calls, slowing down service significantly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Joel C,
We’re happy you stayed with us and grateful you took time to share your feedback. We’re pleased you enjoyed our G Bar and Grill, poolside. We agree that the Antea bartender taking room service calls does not work well and are changing that procedure.
Warm regards,
Mariana Perea, Food and Beverage Manager, mariana (dot) perea (at) hilton (dot) com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,093)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Rooms very disappointing. Happy hour food was poor quality. False information given regarding airport shuttle. I was placed in the most discussing taxi. i don't believe the taxi to have been legal. At the airport i saw the Hilton shuttle on several occasions. I was happy to pay for the shuttle, but i was pushed into filthy taxi.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We contract with a transportation company that provides a ride to the airport for $16, similar cost as a taxi. Without more specific information it’s difficult to know what may have happened in this instance. The supply and demand of transportation varies enormously by day and time of day.
Warm regards
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were down for the boat show and some fun. This is a great location if you like the inter-coastal and boats. Water taxi is outside your door. We stayed on the East Villas side of the property. Easy access to area activities. Great coffee/bar in the lobby. Staff were all helpful.

Room Tip: East villas are easy to stay in.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear John M,
The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show was a great success this year, with picture perfect weather. We’re happy you stayed with us while you enjoyed the show. Fort Lauderdale, the Venice of America, is best seen from the water and the Water Taxi is a great way to do it. Thank you for acknowledging our helpful staff and our convenient location!
We hope to see you next year,
Upstate, NY
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My room was excellent (main tower 12th floor). The pool was great. The fitness center needs attention. Our meeting room was excellent as was the restaurant. Parking is overpriced. The staff was superb, very nice and helpful. Wifi $9.99 a day is a joke though.

Room Tip: Get a room in the tower. I had a colleague in the East Villas who said her room was not great.
Dear 5turtles,
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments. We appreciate your comments about the pool, meeting room and restaurant. Our parking rates are consistent with this area of Fort Lauderdale. We’re happy to tell you that new fitness center equipment will be installed soon. Thanks for acknowledging our helpful staff.
Come back soon,
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had the opportunity to travel to S. Florida for a couple days of business, and decided to tie in an additional personal day while in town. With my flight in/out of Fort Lauderdale, I chose to stay in that immediate vicinity. I'm an extremely particular guest when it comes to hotels and searched against all of the Hilton-brand locations in the immediate area. The Hlton Fort Lauderdale Marina was my hotel of choice for three specific reasons,..1.) the proximity to the airport, 2.) the affordable price, and 3.) Hilton's intranet overview/description of this particular hotel. I will say...my stay was much better than anticipated.

The hotel is within minutes of the FLL airport - making it extremely convenient for all travelers with flights at any time of the day. The hotel is located within proximity of some great chain restaurants, as well as several excellent local seafood restaurants. The hotel is situated directly along the Intracoastal Waterway - providing for outstanding views of the waterway traffic, the Atlantic Ocean, and an amazing FLL skyline during the evening hours.

The hotel and hotel staff were amazing. Very clean with modern amenities. I was fortunate to have a higher level corner room with fullsize L-shaped exterior patio. The hotel provides a really nice fitness center - equipment for any workout needs. The pool area is well-equipped with lounge chairs - with the palm trees and pool staff, it felt like you were situated at a resort.

The hotel staff was courteous and extremely helpful throughout the entire stay. From the valet staff, to concierge staff, to the housekeeping staff...they all ensured I was provided with highest levels of service excellence. The front desk staff even took the time from their busy schedule to print my tickets for a local sports venue during my stay - electronic tickets which needed to, first, be emailed to their attention.

My future travels will have me staying at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina - this, based on an overall outstanding experience. I hope others find this feedback helpful in your search.

Room Tip: Reqeust a tower room, higher floor, facing the north (view of downtown FLL).
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff J
Dear Jeff J,
We’re so pleased you had such a great stay with us and enjoyed our courteous and helpful team, our spectacular views and our beautiful relaxing pool. We look forward to your next visit.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We'd been away from our room from 8 a.m. until 3:45 p.m. When we returned, the room hadn't been cleaned. No one came to clean the room by 9:30 p.m. We went downstairs to speak with a a manager. I mean at least lean towels would be good. We asked a Bellman to get the manager. He went back into the door marked "Private" and came out. He told me, "ma'am, I told her a guest was waiting but she put her hand up saying she was busy." And then he told me she does that ALL THE TIME! I told him I'd wait 5 minutes and if she didn't come out, I'd be back over. 10 minutes later, no manager. I asked the other bellman to get her as the first was busy with a guest. He (Richard) was very helpful and went back to get her. Again we waited 15 minutes, no manager. The first bellman came back and he went back yet a 3rd time to get her. 10 minutes later, a lady comes walking from the private door and went outside. Walked right past me. Richard told me that was manager. She never once stopped to see who summoned her almost 30 minutes ago. She didn't even acknowledge our presence. She came back in, went to the front desk and proceeded to check-in arriving guests. How many hoops do I have to jump through to get service? A clean room, some clean towels. By 11:15 p.m. I was on the phone with guest service trying to get anyone's attention. The bellman had towels brought to us. But who wants they're room cleaned at 11:30 p.m. at night? As of right now, the Manager NEVER spoke to us, acknowledged us or assisted us in any way. Thank goodness for the kindness of bellman or we'd be showering with dirty towels! Hilton, I'm a travel agent. Thanks for showing me the type of service my clients can expect. Utter disappointment at your management's lack of concern for guests.

Room Tip: Stay at the Embassy Suites instead. Better service and free breakfast. Literally around the corner a...
5 Thank MargieJordan
Dear MargieJordan,
We appreciate your taking the time to write a review and are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is certainly not typical of our usual friendly and accommodating staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and so is providing the experience you know and expect from our brand. Thank you for your feedback and we would be happy to speak with you in greater detail regarding your concerns.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I am a Hilton Honors member and Hilton should be embarrassed at the condition of this hotel. We were given a room in the West Wing. That whole wing needs to be torn down. The carpet in the hallways was stained and dirty. It needs replaced. The walls were stained and dirty. Elevator was broken. The one that did work creaked and shuttered so badly I was afraid it would break down. Locks were flimsy and I question the security. I asked to be moved to another room. They told me I could move and then told me the hotel was sold out. The front desk staff is inexperienced, rude and lack basic customer service skills. Eye rolling is not good customer service. The whole front desk staff needs to be either re-trained or fired. Drinks are expensive at the bar and watered down. Bar service is very slow. They had 2 bartenders for a ton of people. Food service is slow. Food is mediocre. This hotel is a 2 star at best. I have stayed at better budget properties. The only redeeming feature of this hotel is the location. Right across from the convention center and cruise port.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
2 Thank Judy S
Dear Judy S,
We strive to provide our guests with a personalized experience and apologize that we did not meet your expectations or our standards. Professional, courteous service is something we take great pride in and we will be sure to address your detailed comments with the appropriate members of our team. We have attempted repeated elevator repairs in our West Villas, without success. A complete modernization has been approved and is being designed and manufactured. The carpeting is only a few years old and has not held up well despite frequent vacuuming and shampooing; it will be replaced in 2014. We are working on West Villa hallways at this time. Thank you for your loyalty as a rewards member and thank you again for your feedback.