“The unexpected experience”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Ranked #56 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was planning a birthday weekend for my boyfriend and it was just a mess. For one do not get fooled by the pictures on the websites. I reserved my reservation on Hilton.com ,I asked for the tower room with a marina view and balcony with a queen size bed. Now when I got to the room , it was nice and clean but there was no balcony and the view was of the express way and everglades pointing towards the south . Again , that's not what I wanted. So I went to the front desk , they changed me into a room with a double bed, the rugs where dirty and old as heck . the balcony door was dirty with food and finger prints and different residues. The cabinet door broke, the beds felt dusty . there was dust every where. an horrible experience I will not go there ever again! oh and also when I went to the gym the machines where rusted and old with dust omg it was terrible.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Edward O,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your candid feedback. We apologize that we let you down for the birthday celebration. We looked at our website and see that the photo is misleading; it shows a king bed room with a balcony, while none of our queen bed rooms has a balcony. Thank you for bringing that to our attention so that we can correct the website. Cleanliness should not have been an issue; we apologize for the unpleasant experience and will work with those clean and inspect rooms to prevent recurrence. Our fitness center equipment will be replaced before the end of the year. We hope we can invite you back and make it up to you.
Warm regards,
Neal Spivack, Director of Rooms, neal (dot) spivack (at) hilton (dot) com

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for 3 nights, my room was a little building next to the main tower. My room was nice and clean and had a huge balcony. Unfortunately my roomkey didnt work anymore on the second day of my stay but I got a new one after I had to show my ID to the front desk - what I think is a good thing. The building also had a small shop with souvenirs and beverages. There are also stores and restaurants within a 5 minutes walking distance. All over I can say the hotel was clean, the staff was nice and I would stay again there at any time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lilFlame
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was sooo convenient for our arrival and departure for our cruise! The only strange thing was the bathroom door, but otherwise both the rooms we stayed at before and after the cruise were great. They even let us check in super early, as soon as a room was ready when we got back!

2  Thank Amanda H
Reviewed August 26, 2013

1- room safe broken. 2- shower not in good condition. 3- air conditioner broken. 4- housekeeping terrible. 5- guest washers has bad odor, half of the appliances are broken. The laundry is in a room with no ventilation (very hot). 6- iron broken. 7-door lock broken, and took a week to fix it. 8- took four days to fix air conditioner. 9- walls are paper thin, and you can hear conversations of your neighbor.
This hotel does not fit Hilton standards.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Donna H
ExecutiveOfficeHFLM, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Donna H,
We're terribly sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had during your stay with us and we appreciate your taking the time to list the issues so that we can work on them. We will be replacing our washers and dryers with ones that have credit card payment, and we will be adding soap dispensers to our laundry and fixing the air conditioning. I will reach out to you one-to-one to learn the room number so that we can address the specific room issues. We apologize that they were not resolved prior to your departure. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and show you our improvements.
Warm regards,
Neal Spivack, Director of Rooms, neal (dot) spivack (at) hilton (dot) com

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had called the hotel a couple of times to make sure that they knew we would be arriving early. We did not have a choice as the only flights with seats were the night flights arriving pretty early. We had asked for a dayroom or to book the room from the night before, but were told nothing was available. When we got to the hotel, the front desk staff member was disdainful and her body language and tone of voice made it clear that she was not happy that we had arrived at the hotel so early. Terrible attitude!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stay here often because my company puts us here and we are always placed in the east villas. For a month the elevators have not been working. The beds have no comforters just a bed sheet and thin wool blanket. Even the staff does't want to hear about it anymore.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Charlene was amazing she worked in the front desk she went way out of her way to make sure we had a wonderful visit gave us complementary parking and wifi and made sure my room was exactly what I expected for my boyfriends very special birthday. I stayed in the tower now I believe if I would've stayed in the east side of the hotel I would've not been so happy the building doesn't look renovated nor up to Hilton standards in my opinion. Now the parking lot does need some renovation we were stuck in the elevator for about 5 minutes without it moving it was very SCARY and the fact that the floor in that elevator is falling apart not a good appearance at all let alone for liability problems.

2  Thank Elizabeth L