“Pre Cruise Hotel Stay -”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Ranked #54 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Amory, Mississippi
“Pre Cruise Hotel Stay -”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here for one night before our cruise. Beds were very comfortable and we had a room in the tower. Ask for a room in the tower... the other rooms are not as up to date. The only thing I wish was that we would have had a room on a higher floor as we could not see ships coming in and out, but we did have a nice view of the pool. I would not hesitate to stay again here before a cruise. Drawback was no dining areas to choose from... nothing within walking distance to eat at and we did not have a car. Their dining areas were all closed except for the pool bar area where a minimal menu was available to eat for supper. I was not told this when we made the reservation. We made the most of it and ate a salad for supper so it was OK, but you had to eat outside and it did begin to rain a little during our supper. Overall a good experience and reasonable, just wished there had been a restaurant for supper we could have ate in whether at the hotel or within walking distance. Cab ride there from airport was about $16 plus tip and then cab ride to cruise terminal the next morning was less than$10 plus tip. Walgreens was withing walking distance about 1/2 mile away.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower on a high floor for a better view. We were on floor 4 and could only see pool area...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dee1321
GMHiltonMarina, Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear “Dee1321,”
Thank you for staying with us and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased to inform you that we have a new partner, “Nanking Asian Grill” restaurant that will open in the hotel on August 14th. As you noticed, we are in transition from one restaurant operator to another. There are several restaurants within walking distance, only a small distance farther than Walgreens, a half mile, about a 10 minute walk. We look forward to your return before your next cruise. Request a higher floor in the Tower on the south side of the hotel for the best view of the cruise ships coming in and out of Port Everglades; they are beautiful to watch.
Warm regards,
Ariel Abelairas
Director of Food and Beverage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,079)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
maplewood, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2013

On-line pictures suggest more than you get. It is a great location and is pretty and well run. However, up close, needs sprucing up. Clean and efficient and fun. It rained so we could not use the pool. The outdoor bar "G" was fun when it was open. But the rain was an issue. China Grill was not open due to renovations. Did not know that as it was not posted.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Jon T
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2013

To be fair, it was an awesome deal for the price I paid. But it is definitely not a 4 star hotel. There was a tik tik noise in the room that woke me up several times in the night. I think it was from the fridge.

And the self parking is $20.

3 Thank BCF25
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The address is misleading as it right near the bridge and you have to turn off before the bridge to find it. Our GPS told us we had reached our destination whilst we were in the middle of the bridge. It took going to the Hilton on the beach and asking them how to get to the Hilton Marina Hotel. When we finally arrived they gave us the wrong room and when I complained the receptionist was quiet rude. The room we then got was still not very nice except that it had a nice view of the canals. The carpet was very tired and did not look clean and the room was small. The staff were not very helpful and the food was only just so so especially the breakfast which was included. This was less than acceptable. We had dinner in the dining room the second night as the restaurants near by were not very good. This dinner was nice but expensive. We were lucky that the Australian dollar was at par at the time but we would not have paid as much in Australia for the type of dinner we got and it was very much expected that we should leave a tip which we did not feel they deserved.

Room Tip: I would not suggest anyone stays here
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RandL2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. I checked in on a Friday and checked out on a Monday. Check In was quick and easy, the lady working the front desk was nice. The hotel is located on the marina and very close to the airport. When you book a room at this hotel you have to clarify where you want to stay. The have the main tower, marina view and pool view rooms. I thought I was getting a room with a view of the marina but I actually got a room that was facing the parking lot, I had to have the drapes closed the whole time. The carpet is stained and the walls have marks on them. The pool isn't as big as it looks in pictures. The back open deck was very dirty, the lounge furniture was not clean at all. The prices for food at the G Bar was kind of expensive, they had $7 drink specials which was a plus. I would probably stay at this hotel again, if it were my last choice but I would search other options first.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that's facing the marina or in the tower, I ended up with a basic room...
2 Thank Travel_Doll57
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel is located nicely on the inland waterway, near the airport. The hotel presents well with its modern style in the lobby. My room decore was fine. Food is boring with 3 seperate dining areas being served from one main kitchen. Breakfast food "On the Run" is extremely expensive-2 slices of plain white bread to toast yourself are $4.00.

Customer Service needs to be re-evaluated. I requested a waterway/pool view tower room and was given an outside port view room. When I checked in all the rooms with the view I requested were already gone. After much discussion, the hotel was to change my room across the hall to the one I had requested. I was told room would be ready for me after 4pm the next day. Apparently, I was supposed to be at the desk at 4PM waiting on the hotel to change my room, insead of enjoying my vacation. I receieved a phone call telling me they had released my room to sombody else, since I was not there.
The problem is that the hotel was not full, but rather chose to cater to the Cruise Ships, instead of honoring a promise made to me. After discussion they did not charge me for the 2nd night in the room. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank S H
Austin, TX, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Good ROI for an in and out business trip. The rain shower mode in the shower was a refreshing change. Breakfast was better than average. Parking is tight and the self parking card swipe faulty - resulting in our being trapped in the lot behind several cars for almost 10 minutes. Maybe better to valet?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business