“My mistake not to listen to reviewers”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Ranked #57 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed here for last 2 nights of my honeymoon. I wish I could go back in time. I paid extra for tower water room and got a freeway and car view room. I spoke to management and was informed there are sold out and there is nothing they can do. They can upgrade to a suite for 200$ more per night. We wish we could but we don't have money. I cared because it's my honeymoon and wishing it could goes right. I have never had any trouble with where I stayed or what room I was put to. I wish I don't have write this review and wish I have 400 $ more to take the suite. I would not ask for a better room but just a difderrent room, from one side, even to the other side, odd room numbers. Did anyone say we could go back in time ever? And my honeymoon?I make 3 phone calls and finaly get to talk to the Manager after 30 mins waiting. He than changed us to room 1115. Was it was the change the wait and the hassle on a our honeymoon? Absolutely not! Hiltons has been our favorite all time but not Hilton Marina in Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed: June 2013
HiltonADOFO, Front Office Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear guest,

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your experience. We certainly want to help personalize each guest experience-especially during such special occasions. I regret that you were not completely satisfied with your accommodations and can imagine your frustration with the situation. I assure you that our guest experience is top priority, thus I'm regretful that this was not shown to you by our team. Thank you for your feedback and sincerely hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Maybe if you are a Diamond with Hilton, you get the better rooms. But if you're not...better off going somewhere else.

The rooms are dirty and cramped. The Service desk personnel are uncaring of your needs and appear to want to be somewhere else...as did I by the middle of my stay. The breakfast buffett consists of POWDERED eggs and runny oatmeal.

Do yourself a favor and stay at any of the other hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HiltonADOFO, Front Office Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Chuck N,

Our guests are our priority and we're committed to offering a comfortable, clean and welcoming environment. I apologize that you did not experience this with us during your recent trip. In order to better serve our guests, feedback such as yours will be very helpful. I assure you that your experience is not indicative of the level of service and product quality that we strive to provide all of our guests. Please allow us to welcome you back in the future and we'll be certain to do all we can to ensure a wonderful return experience!

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed here in Ft. Lauderdale for a concert my wife and daughter were attending. They did their thing while I enjoyed the pool bar and scenery of the ocean and beautiful boats. This motel is beautiful, staff extremely friendly, only issue was our bathroom toilet in our room was clogged.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times on business as it is across the street from the convention centre. It is also very close to the cruise pier, within walking distance to shops and restaurants. The hotel is clean, service great and restaurants offer good food. I prefer the rooms in the tower and facing the ocean. Would definetly stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is convenient to the convention center and has many restaurants within walking distance. That's the best I can say about it. The room was dusty, glass marks on furniture, the leather chair had dirt marks all over it. I wiped everything down with wet wipes and most of this stuff came off, so it was shoddy cleaning. The carpet is worn and stained, walls are scuffed. You can hear every noise in the hallway or if your neighbor is on the balcony. There is no luggage bench, towel bars, or list of hotel amenities in the room. I could go on and on about things this hotel is lacking. We are Hilton Honors Gold/Diamond members and stay in many Hilton properties for business and leisure and this was well below our past experiences.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Gracenava

Dear Guest,

We pride ourselves in ensuring all guests are taken care of by offering clean, comfortable surroundings and personalized service. I regret to hear that your room did not meet our expectations in cleanliness and apologize for any discomfort. We value your loyalty and hope that you'll give us another chance to make things right.

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I thought this hotel had seen it's better days. The rooms were loud and dirty. There was no resturant really. Just a hotel bar that would get you food. The elavators were also extremely slow! Had to wait what seemed like 5 minutes. Multilple times the elavator stopped on each floor going down. That is a long elavator ride from the 10th floor.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lance O

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We really hate to disappoint our guests and we apologize that your stay with us was not up to the standards you have come to expect from Hilton. We will certainly use your comments to help us improve and address some of your concerns. We are in the process of getting new carpeting for the hotel and also a new restaurant will be opening in the near future! Please consider giving us another opportunity to serve you.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Was impressed with the staff, the speediness of checking in and checking out. Rooms were spacious and clean. Bed was super comfortable. The G-Grill was great, Happy Hour even better. Pool was nice and relaxing. Staff were happy and pleasant to assist with any request or questions.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business