“Have seen much better”

Ranked #54 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Weeki Wachee, United States
“Have seen much better”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Bathroom floor black and sticky. Room smelled and ac would not cool room. Charge for services never used. Valet parking way over priced. One ice machine per floor located on the other side of hotel and then did not work. Guest services guy very rude when called on ice machine and took over an hour to get ice to room. Not the best hotel ever. Have stayed at Holiday Inn Express for a lot less money, lot bigger room and much better service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Paula H
HiltonADOFO, Front Office Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us and so is offering a great guest experience. I'm so sorry to hear that we fell short of offering you this during you recent stay. Quality amenities and services should be expected and we're working with our maintenance team to address the broken ice machine. We're also addressing the cleanliness issues and delay in service. Please know this is not typical and we hope you'll give us a second chance to show you our true hospitality.

ruben.almiron@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,065)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NJ
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina is a great pre-cruise hotel. You can tell the staff is prepped to having pre-cruise guests stay here. The hotel is within walking distance to a Walgreens where we picked up bottled water to take on the cruise ship. The pool side bar is a great place to hang out, however the service is slow and the prices are steep. The reviews we read on Trip Advisor were spot-on about the service there. My biggest advice for any weekend pre-cruise guests is to check out and move out before the posted 11am check out time! The elevator traffic that we experienced at 11am was horrible. It took my family and other guests a minimum of 15-20 minutes just to get down the elevator from their floor. Then the wait in the taxi line outside the lobby was a zoo. Despite this expected chaos (10,000+ cruise people embarking the same day we did), I would recommend this hotel for folks staying a night or 2 prior to their cruise..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JayKay3
Florida
Reviewed May 11, 2013

It is a somewhat refurbished hotel with the sixties bones still obvious.
It is convenient to Port Everglades and FLL, not much else.
The rooms are small but adequate.
The biggest problem is the staff, lots of them barely speak or understand English and are very poorly trained. The service is slow and sloppy.

The food was good but overpriced for such a
place.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank PalmBeach9
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I assure you that your experience is not a true reflection of the quality of service that we strive to provide to all of our guests. We look forward to having an opportunity to regain your trust in us in the future. I have enclosed my email address and would certainly welcome any further feedback.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We had a terrible experience last April, 2012 at this hotel. Then in November, 2012 we decided to give the hotel another try. We had a wonderful time at this hotel, the room was immaculate and the service was wonderful. I did feel that the drinks and pool bar food was very expensive. Lunch was 40.00 with no alcholic drinks, just ice tea and diet pepsi.
I would definetly return to this hotel it is very convenient to the cruise ship terminal.
Kevin- thank you for the sincere welcome and thank you for checking back with us to make sure that everything was ok. You and your assistant did a fine job. We appreciate that very much.
Sincerely
John and Dot Marshall

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Westmont, Illinois
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed there for four nites and had a wonderful time. Enjoyed the property and walked around the hotel to view the various yachts docked there. We REALLY enjoyed the menu for happy hour in the bar - 2 for 1 drinks also. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, very convinent for the conference I was attending at the convention center. The lobby, pool area, and deck bar were all very pretty, clean, and relaxing. The room was a decent size, and seemed clean. Here are a few issues I had with the hotel:

1. Parking is exspensive. You pay for both self parking and valet. I did recieve a discount on self parking through the conference but still, I am always miffed when charged to park myself on someone's black top.

2. While the food and drinks at the G bar (on the pool deck) tasted good, they were exspensive. One day I paid $41 for threee drinks! So if you don't mind $13 drinks and $18 burgers, you will be ok.

3. The shower head and faucet in the bathroom was extremly rusted, it just looked bad. I am assuming since I was on the side of the building facing the water, the rust may have been caused by the salt in the air, but still, it looked bad.

4. This is not really the hotel's fault, but still added to my meh attitude towards the place. I had a first floor marina view room, which look out onto the inlet. Beautiful right? Well it would have been if there hadn't been a 100ft private yacht directly in front of my patio. (see picture) The worse part was when they started doing refurbishment on the yacht, and piles and piles of trash were left directly in front of my patio, so I got to stare at the trash for most of my trip.

If you don't mind spending some cash, this place my suit you, but it is not for those looking for value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HiltonADOFO, Front Office Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear guest,

Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I apologize for the rust stains you had on your shower-head and that your room view wasn't quite as stunning as you expected. As we review all guest feedback and postings on TripAdvisor, we will address your comments with our team and reevaluate our current amenity prices. We hope you'll give us another chance in the future. My contact information is included below, as I certainly would be delighted to have an opportunity to assist you with any future bookings or further assistance regarding your recent stay.

Dallas
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed there for a business trip. It was very nice. We ate dinner at the China Grill and had a very nice dinner and the room had a fantastic view of the marina. It was my first trip to the area and it is a great location. You can take the water taxi on the intercoastal.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business