“our regular hotel before and after cruises”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Ranked #56 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed March 29, 2013

great location and really nice hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. Close to cruise terminal, close to water taxi, nice restaurants in and around hotel. The intercoastal water view tower rooms are the best. Can be a little expensive in peak season, but we love to stay there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The rooms are nice rooms a little pricey. The beds are full size. The bathroom is tiny and the shower has no door. The bathroom door has a crack and there is absolutely no privacy. The view was great. Parking and internet is not free. Nice view but would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
HiltonADOFO, Front Office Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, I'd like to thank you for providing us with feedback on your experience. Feedback from our guests serves as not only a way to reach out to you, but also a valuable tool in an ongoing effort to continue making improvements and providing exceptional service. I sincerely hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Warmest regards,

Ruben Almiron
ruben.almiron@hilton.com

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Hotel is clean but the room was small and the view very limited because of the small window. Bed was very small and not really confortable. Location is good on the marina and close to the Jungle Queen riverboat. Average hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a king size bed. The regular rooms have beds too small for couples.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The location is incredible with boats to see on almost all sides. The desk staff person who helped me is to be commended. But the food, dining service, pool towel supply, condition of public areas and my room were subpar for the price and location. Damage to walls, lamps that don't work, dirty and frayed carpets. Most surprising was the fact that when I entered the public men's room a maid was emptying the trash. I backed out but she waved me in and continued to clean while I used the urinal. She didn't offer to leave or leave on her own. Awkward moment and highly unprofessional. I'm an Honors Member but I'll never return to this property.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonADOFO, Front Office Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I will most certainly address the unpleasant experience you encountered in the restroom and cleanliness issues with our staff. This is certainly not a true reflection of our level of service or product we strive to provide to all of our guests. We're so happy to hear that one of our front office team members was able to assist you and we would love to hear more details so we can thank them personally. Please consider giving us another chance. We truly value your business and your loyalty.

Kind regards,

Ruben Almiron
ruben.almiron@hilton.com

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This Hilton is definitely a step back into the 60's! I felt like I was in an episode of "Mad Men." Seems to be the theme... We stayed here because we were meeting up with friends after their cruise and we are Hilton Honors members. Between 8-9am most mornings, you can expect hundreds of people who've just deboarded, sitting around all aread of the hotel (lobby, pool area, etc) taking up space while waiting for their rooms all morning. We paid for an Inter-Coastal waterway room which, in the picture on the web site, had a great view. However we were in the short, 3-floor building and our view was completely blocked by two enormous yachts. I thought this hotel was okay, but don't expect extreme cleanliness or modernity. There was mold in the bathtub which had a hatchet grout job. The beds were actually very comfortable, although I concur with previous reviewers that the solid bed frames were toe & ankle destroyers. Room was very basic. The pool bar/restaurant was great - no complaints. Service was excellent. I found all of the staff very friendly, especially considering they have to deal with the hoards of cruisers coming & going every day.

The pool was pretty small and there were very few lounge chairs which are taken up by returning cruisers starting early in the morning so you don't have much chance of getting a chair if you're not down there early.

For us, the location was great - we wanted to meet up with cruiser friends for 2 nights and then head to the airport which is only a few minutes away. We thoroughly enjoyed a long ride on the water taxis, including commentary on many of the previous & current celebrity owners of the homes along the waterway. Most of the stops have shops and/or restaurants as well as beaches.

Would I stay here again if I was going on a cruise? Maybe - but I would splurge (or use some points) to have a room waiting early in the morning after I get off the ship!!!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room high up in the tower if you want a view of the waterway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel has a very good location though some of the rooms don't seem to let you have much of a view. Being right on the inter-coastal lets you see some awe inspiring largesse, especially of the yachts owned by the rich and famous. Stayed there for three nights recently and here's my take.
Check-in was pretty good and the staff helpful, though it seems that the layout is either too small or inconveniently sited and a couple of times it looked as if the staff were under pressure to deal with the guests arriving at peak periods.
The shower stall very inconvenient as the only protection from water getting into the bathroom while showering was from a sheet of 4 x 8 glass. the other 4 feet was left open. No one wants to walk out into a wet bathroom!
The room was dated and manoeuvring around always seemed to have me bumping into something. Not too great.
The open areas were beautifully kept and the staff generally very helpful.
Not to quite the standard I would have expected from a Hilton branded hotel, but the location and helpful staff compensate somewhat for its shortcomings. Would prefer to give 3.5 out of 5 as overall property rating.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Pre cruise overnight stay. What a let down. Very dated and in need of a makeover. To me the Hilton should be stylish and luxurious, but not here. Best way to say how disappointed I was, was when I went for a shower, felt like I was in a communal school shower room (I am going back to when I was in school in the 80,s ). Oh and how do you know what is hot and cold on the shower, the red and blue, badly cut stickers, tell you, very poor! The staff when we checked in were not very helpful either, obviously at the end of the day they forget to be civil and smile, because the morning staff the next day were far more helpful.

Would really like to thank Robert, from front of house. There is a waiting area when you are waiting for your hotel to pier transfer and when our transfer bus driver failed to announce he was here and left without us and another couple, Robert made sure we got transport to the pier, thank you, it was appreciated.

As a footnote if you haven't cruised before and thinking of booking, go western Carribean first, this trip was for eastern and we were disappointed, western is far better.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple