“Chic and boutique-y”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Ranked #57 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Most Hiltons adhere to the brand reputation and description. This one is like a Hilton disguised as a boutique hotel. It's contemporary, very airy, with rooms and hallways painted white, sort of a cabana motif. Nice pool, and the huge yachts docked harborside are a tourist attraction in themselves. A nice outdoor lounge with firepit. The lobby bar has lots of action as young business persons congregate there in the evening, and you can get late-night snacks. Some good restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors may overlook the underside of the adjacent causeway. Not a good view. Ask for...

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The hotel is very well located in Ft Lauderdale, in the marina and near the Cruise Line Terminal. In general the hotel is very good and good price. The pool bar for a evening drink has very good atmosphere. No wifi free. If you go on a crusie is the best location to stay.

Room Tip: I liked to stay in a room on the ground floor with balcony, face to the marina.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Francis B
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here twice and both experiences were negative. I couldn't believe they charge $21 per night to park your car. This is a ridiculous ripoff!! They also charge for internet which is absurd as well. The staff were rude, Raquel in particular. Will not stay here ever again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Lisa C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We do our best to communicate the charges for additional services via our website as well as via our third party partners’ websites. I apologize if this was not clearly conveyed during the reservation process. While we do offer guest room internet at an additional fee, we offer complimentary internet in our lobby. Please also accept my apology for the discourteousness you experienced during your stay. I can assure you the issue has been addressed. We hope you will reconsider staying with us and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed at hotel for a meeting at the Fort Lauderdale convention which is across a main street from the hotel. Main building has good views from the front and toward the ocean of the cruise port. Room was nice size and was in good condition. Hotel had only one eating facility which was a dinner facility. A bar in the lobby, but no store to purchase anything else. Room service was prompt and food good. Staff was good. Housekeeping I received was below average for Hilton.
Three to four blocks away is strip shopping center with several eating choices and stores. I will stay here in the future because of the location but will check for prices here and at the nearby
Pier 66 which is a better hotel and will base on value for price. This is a good choice for overnight in conjunction with a cruise.

Room Tip: Main building faceing ocean side or harbor.
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was the this hotel for 2 nights. My first impression when walking in was that it was very nice, sheik and updated. However upon futher inspection I was wrong. I stayed in the East Villa second floor. In between buildings there were terrible, musty, chemical type smells. My room's floor was dirty, the lights needed cleaning and there was dust all on the walls. Every part of this hotel is dirty, floors, walls, etc. I think they have the security of the cruise ship business and therefore neglected regular upkeep.

I had a bad experience at the hotel pool bar. I went for lunch and for 1 person it took over 1.5 hours. I had to find a waitress to help me. The chips were stale. The waitress never came back. They did not have cream for my coffee. I had to get up and get the waitress for a refill on my water. Other tables who sat after me had quicker service.

I was there for a conference and the conference area was dingy and cheap. All of the furniture was dirty and written on with pen. The last day I went into the bathroom by the lobby to change before going to the airport. The bathroom was dirty, the chairs in the sitting area were stained. I was going to sit to go through my bag and put gym shoes one but opted not to.

This hotel looks nice, but is really poorly taken care of and dirty. I would not stay here again.

The location is not the greatest unless you want to be by the port or airport. It is not walking distance from anywhere. We had to take a cab everywhere to go out to eat or enjoy the night.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I travel enough to know the standards of Hilton brand and what a well run hotel should look like. This hotel did not meet even the lowest of expectations. The only highlight is that the pool looked nice and the location was in an upscale area with a marina/dock and some proximity to the beach (via shuttle).

The downsides to this hotel, and there are a lot, is that it is priced to suit it's upscale locale and surrounding area...but you do not get the level of service and cleanliness you would expect for the price and the Hilton brand. The room did not meet our expectations in the following ways: the carpeting was dirty/old, the pillow cases were covered in hair from the previous guests (had they been changed at all? didn't look like it!), the shower head was broken (so it dripped loudly and constantly), there was a broken light, the towels were so worn out they should have been thrown away as rags, and the room had paper thin walls (next door was Skyping, heard the entire hour long conversation). We were only there 1 night and we arrived late, so it wasn't worth our time to report these issues to management and seek another room - from previous reviews, the rooms seem to all have similar issues. The rooms are not being maintained and/or cleaned per Hilton standards.

It was a sad, rundown hotel at expensive, luxury pricing. We were also unhappy (but not surprised, given the location) at the parking adder ($21/night for self parking and more for valet)...and there is a public parking lot across the street that for some magical reason is closed 12p-6a. We were given no other option by the front desk than to pay the fee and park at the hotel.

Sadly, this Hilton failed before I even walked thru the door. The front desk refused to answer the phone!! I even called the corporate reservation line and even THEY couldn't get the front desk to answer the phone. I called 4 times over the course of the day to find out if they had an airport shuttle (no!) and reconfirm my reservation, but was never able to get anyone to pick up the phone! When the reservation agent tried (and failed) to reach them, i was told "they must be busy checking in guests". When i arrived, at 8pm, the lobby was busy, but there were plenty of staff at the front desk and it is hard to believe they were non-stop checking people in from 9am in the morning until 8pm at night.

My advice - choose another hotel in the area!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cmm_travels
HiltonADOFO, Front Office Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

On behalf of the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, I would like to offer my sincerest apology for any inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback, which serves as a valuable tool for us to reach out to you and in allowing us to find ways to make improvements to our service. I’m very sorry that you were unhappy with the quality of your guest room; we are working on a number of projects, including replacing all the carpeting throughout the hotel and have created a revamped cleaning process that will include special care to any and all discrepancies in guest rooms. I truly hope that you will consider visiting us again in the future, as your business is important to us Thank you again.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Typical US hotel-chain place - large rooms, efficient staff etc. Location is great overlooking marina, and there is a nice pool with an outdoor bar/restaurant overlooking the water. Did not eat dinner but had a nice supper snack. Our room was large, good view, and the bed was comfy but the place could have used some running repairs. There was a coffee machine but no coffee. Big plus was breakfast in the chinese-themed restaurant; delicious and very friendly service AND HP Brown Sauce! I don't think I would book a stay but our one night was just fine..

Room Tip: Main tower
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family