“Disappointed”

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Ranked #53 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Staying here now while here for work. Figured Hilton brand and on waterway would be nice. Woke up this morning and tried to make some coffee with the Keurig coffeemaker. It was broken. Called for a replacement. Went to iron my shirt. No iron in closet. Called for an iron, twice before it came almost 30 minutes later. By that time gave up waiting and showered and tub clogged - water up to knees. When got back tonight and tried to iron, iron didn't work and had to call for replacement. Not a good introduction to this place....

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Alan S
HiltonADOFO, Front Office Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
On behalf of the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, I would like to express my sincerest apology for the challenges you experienced during your visit. I can imagine your frustration that came with such a negative first impression of our services and amenities. Your feedback will be shared with the appropriate departments to ensure that we can prevent the challenges you mentioned from reoccurring. The working order of your room amenities and our diligence to resolving any unforeseen issues are a top priority for us, thus I am very sorry that we felt short of the level of service we strive to provide all of our guests. Thank you for your business and I sincerely hope that the next time you are in the Fort Lauderdale area, that you will give us an opportunity to regain your loyalty. Warmest regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,046)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stay at this hotel frequently for work. The hotel has great amenities, is clean, and has a very friendly staff. The rooms and views are excellent no matter what side of the tower you are on. From valet to check-in to room service to pool staff, the team at the Hilton Marina is very friendly and happy to help. The atmosphere is also very nice, with the hotel being surrounded by boats (with the cruise port to the South, Intercoastal and Ocean to the East, and marina on the North and West sides of the building), which is a nice plus compared to many of the other hotels I stay at around the US each year. The Hilton Marina is one of my favorite hotels that I travel to for work each week.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great - especially on east side with ocean view. If you are in the tower, does not...
Wichita, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

The convention we attended had a special rate for this hotel. Personally I am a Sheraton/ Starwood girl. room was in the Villa side, maybe the attached tower rooms were nicer. We did meet other who disliked hotel so much they left and paid more than our "convention rate" at another hotel down the street.
Location and comfortable beds was the ONLY 2 things this hotel had going for it.
Wine glasses sat in the hall from another room for 3 nights. Bar was crazy expensive, $12 for gin and 7, $15 for glass of wine. Sat after our meetings at 4:30 pm we go back to room for a quick change of clothes and the room had not been made up yet (not a big deal, we had towels etc). The maid knocked (I was sitting on bed, roomy was in bathroom) I said "coming" and before I could get to the door she just came in! Not only does she looked stoned out of her mind, I can't understand her. Mumbling something about last room and she is going home. I know they work hard, but give us a few minutes to change and you can have the room to make up.
Over all NOT impressed with front desk service, bar service, size of room, cost of any food and drinks.... Next time I will stay some place else even if the convention is across the street.

Room Tip: Walgreens at 17th street corner, has wine, breakfast foods and other shopping that is in walking dis...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank IslandgirlKS62
Lisa C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us during your convention. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, specifically the interruptions made by our housekeeping staff and your displeasure with our costs and other services. We have shared your comments with various members of our team for further review and follow up. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

bay area, ca
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

As a diamond hilton member, I expect to get treated well and get nicer rooms at hilton's. This property did not meet any of the criteria I expect from a Hilton, except for a good location.

The room was old. The bed is not really a bed, it is a futon with no box spring! The sound on the tv didn't work and when I tried to call down I did not get an answer. The shower has both an overhead and a wand spray, should be nice, but almost inmpossible to figure out how to get hot and I stay more than 100 nights a year at Hiltons.

Service was geared toward groups and not individuals. When i asked for directions I felt like i was being an imposition.

Overall, a very very disappointing experience, and the bed was really not up to par.

Room Tip: get in the tower and not the adjecent rooms
2 Thank calbearfan
Lisa C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback on your recent stay. I appreciate your loyalty as a Diamond member and your candor about your experience. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding the malfunctioning television, the trouble reaching guest services, and for the issue with the shower. Furthermore, I apologize for the poor level of service you received while asking for directions. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate departments for further follow up. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share, as guest feedback is our most valuable tool for improvement.
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here attending a trade show at the Convention Center, which is exactly infront of the hotel... At the afternoon the deck marina is the best place to be to relax and have a drink... The rooms are ok, aswelll with the service: The check in took ages, there was only one lady attending for all the guests in the line. Room service was off at night. My tv room was broken and even im not so fan of it, it doesnt shows a good impression.

1 Thank CesarCastrejon
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

If you are looking for a hotel close to Port Everglades port of call to join a cruise ship, this is an amazing hotel to stay at! It has a water taxi within close walking distance and nice amenities such as a large and clean pool and great view. The room was modern and clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly overall. I enjoyed my stay here for 2 days in October.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
DeLand, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stay at plenty 5 star hotels... and this one... they are going to charge you for parking $21, Internet $15, Breakfast.. infact, they are going to charge you to the point that you think you were in a boxing ring with Mike Tyson.
There was no extra charge for waiting 25 minutes to checkin.. nope, no extra charge for that. There were 9 people waiting in a line to check in,, with ONE girl at reception. 3 additional check in kiosks mind you,, but unattended. I am not sure what else to say. Such potential.. such disappointment.

Room Tip: If you book online to try and get a good rate, they will put you in the west wing ( almost in the pe...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple