2,829 results
All reviews soda shop private beach ping pong shuffle board michael holmes miniature golf an executive suite family photos quiet pool free chairs old florida main restaurant pool bar living room breakfast buffet family vacation an umbrella
Reviewed March 16, 2019

Let me start by saying this is a difficult review. I am usually very generous in my reviews but this had some strong negatives I could not go without commenting on. This was a repeat visit to Lago Mar as we loved our stay in 2013.
Pro;s :
Rooms: Spotlessly clean and very nicely done.Roomy and everything worked as you would like. Had poolside room on 2nd fl( more on that later ) Rate 5

Housekeeping: No issues did a very nice job though came so late one day we just asked for clean towels and not clean the room. Rate 5

Aquario dining...Had lunches and some breakfast there and food was excellent and reasonably priced. Breakfast Buffet was excellent. didnt eat dinner there, though would have except their side dishes with their entrees were cauliflower mashed potatoes and pureed carrots. Special shout out to Ramon who was exceptionally friendly and welcoming. Some other staff members could take lesson from Ramon. Rate 4

Ice Cream shop....great stop for a treat or quick bkfst/lunch...Rate 5

Beach and other amenities...Not many people actually use the beach as it is couple hundred yards from resort though very private and huge. Most hang by pool or in area by palm trees. BB court..miniature golf..tennis etcall available..rate 4

Fitness center....Small but it works..treadmills..some weights..few machines..etc..Rate 4

Pool...very nice area but limited lounge chairs. people reserve their chairs for the day by placing towels on them. better get tour chair by 8-9am the latest or you wont find any. I got up 7thirty each morning , out of necessity, to put towels on the four chairs for the 2 of us and the other coupe we traveled with. Rate 3

The Cons::
Front Desk...For this reason I would never return to Lago Mar. People at the front desk made you feel like they were doing you a favor allowing you to stay there rather then welcoming you and trying to be accomodating. Made my reservations 5 months in advance and at that time asked for early check in and a room on 4th or 5th floor for view. When reconfirmed my reservation I again asked for the same 2 requests. We arrived at resort at 12:45 and were coldly told our room was not ready check in was 4. They took my cell number said they would call when ready so we went to lunch. At 2thirty I stopped at desk to check on room ( different person) and she told me room not ready we accomodate the groups of 5-4-3 people before we get to the rooms for 2??? Makes no sense why not accomodate based on when people arrive. Again was told abrubtly check in was at 4. 4 oclock came and went with no call. At 4thirty I went to desk ( 1 person working while 3 people waiting on line checking in. When got to desk was told my room was ready. Asked why we werent called and was told "we are busy"?? Was given my room and it was on 2nd floor. Told him I had requested a top floor and I was told that place was sold out and none available. Asked how could that be when the lobby was full of luggage with people checking out when we arrived? He had no answer just gave me my keys made no effort to tell me how to get to my room or anything else. Obviously had no interest in meeting either request I made 5 months ago. I have never been treated so rudely upon arrival anywhere
Check out....Went to front desk and asked if we could get a 12 oclock check out as had a 4Pm flight. Was abruptkly told check out was at 11 and they were completely sold out and needed the room. Told him well if check out is at strictly 11 and check in is at strictly 4 why didnt I get my room till after 4thirty at check in. He then said to me " I will give you to 4". Just out of curiosity I checked on line to see if resort was sold out and it wanst there were many rooms available. Rate a 0

I have traveled up and down both coast of Florida over the last 10-12 yrs staying and some real nice resorts and can honestly say have absolutely never been treated anywhere close to the was the front desk at lago Mar treated us. I wouldnt take the time to type all of this up if I didnt want to warn felloe travelers. Again I am one who very very rarely gives a poor review as like to give the benefit of the doubt but this was awful. Lago Mar has lost my business and the couple we traveled with. If the Front desk people are any indication of management then I am sure they dont care.

4  Thank ED L
Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

Place was decent but definitely not worth the money. Shower leaked on floor; faucet & outlet in bathroom were loose. Maid service didn’t show up for 2 days. Had to ask for regular coffee in room. Only supplied decaf. Towels were Holiday Inn quality. Heard neighbors next door often. Quiet pool was nice. Beach was nice but if you want an umbrella there is a charge. Everything must be charged to room rather than paying at point of purchase. Definitely not for couples more of a family resort. Very noisy. Staff seemed nice.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2019

The Lago Mar is situated on one of the few private access beaches in Fort Lauderdale. The resort is 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale airport. You can easily Uber or rent a car. This section of Fort Lauderdale beach is special. Located in The Harbor Beach section of the city; a predominantly high end residential area. It’s tucked away from the bustle of the strip located to the north. The beach at the resort is old school Florida, wide and uncrowded. Adjacent to the HarbotR Beach surf club, a private club requiring residence in Harbor Beach there’s usually no one on their beach! I’be been coming to this beach since 1985 and having grown up on some of the best beaches in the world I’ll rate this as one of the best there is-Anywhere! Michael Wells the Assistant manager accommodated a special request I had and came through at probably the busiest week(s) in the season. The staff is super service oriented; shout out to Jaime who set us up in the perfect spot on the beach for umbrellas and chairs. If you are considering a beautiful beach vacation, on one of the finest beaches and in one of the premier beach resorts Look no further. My wife and I laugh when we hear people traveling to Mexico or Western Caribbean Islands-there is absolutely no reason to leave the continental United States for a beach paradise vacay! The resort is great for couples or families. The beach is plenty big to have your own space

Room tip: I’d highly recommend a pool view room. With most u get a partial beach view as well
2  Thank Jeffrey H
Reviewed March 10, 2019

My husband and I stayed at Lago Mar for a week in January and again for 2 days after a cruise in February. We have stayed there many times in years past. The Lago Mar is a pleasant place to stay! We had Executive King Suites both times - once facing the pool and once on the non-pool side (where we could see the ships leave Ft Lauderdale from our balcony). The hotel is clean and well run. The beds are comfortable. The bathroom is clean and well-set up.The staff are friendly. Many of the staff have been working there for years! The walk to the beach is short and the guy who does the beach chairs is nice. We paid $25 for a cabana and 2 chairs for a day. Love the beachside drink/food service. The food at Lago Mar is delicious. Nice variety for breakfast with the buffet. Nice lunch options with indoor or outside dining. The menu at night for dinner is terrific. Love the plantain crusted snapper dish. The prix-fixedinner menu at $38 for salad, entree and dessert is hard to pass up! Try the peanut butter pie! All round wonderful place to stay in Ft. Lauderdale.

Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

There’s so much to do! Did you ever notice that most resorts put the playground and games in inconvenient locations? Lago Mar has these games right where all the action is; in fact, the action is at ping-pong, foosball, chess, volleyball, basketball, tennis, and mini golf all located near the pools and the beach. The resort has complimentary tennis rackets too. And there is so much beach front at the resort, enjoy the spaciousness. Our executive suite was roomy and afforded each of us a bit of alone-time together. The mini-kitchen is great with a microwave, mini-refrigerator, and place settings; if the resort supplied a roll of paper towel, it would be even better. What an enjoyable place to vacation.

Date of stay: February 2019