Lago Mar Beach Resort & Club
$178
$167
$140
$129
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$116
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$186
$212
$169
$179
2,587 results
All reviewssoda shopprivate beachping pongshuffle boardmichael holmesminiature golffamily photosan executive suitefree chairsold floridaliving roompool barmain restaurantbreakfast buffetfamily vacationpool viewan umbrella
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I had looked at the reviews and looked to make a reservation at this place - but cancelled a month out. Then I got a charge on my AMEX that they billed me for one night. When I called - they said - "sorry" - you need to keep your cancellation number.

This is never an issue for "reputable" hotel chains like Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton. The Largo Mar website evidently doesn't translate well to these types of request.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank defore4735
James P, General Manager at Lago Mar Beach Resort & Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Mr. defore4735, Please accept my apology for any misunderstanding about cancelling your reservation. Please contact me at 954-523-6511 to discuss the one night charge. Thank you,
James Pancallo, GM.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Upon arriving, we run into Michael Wells, the assistant general manager. Lucky us, as he assisted us to the front desk and made sure we got the best room possible. It's been nothing but pleasant since we arrived. We're very grateful to find such a hands on staff, in the days where every hotel now has become so corporate it's great to find an independently owned property that's ran so eloquently as Lago Mar is. More than anything it's nice to see how many generations return year after year and now we have found a place we can bring our little ones to some day. Thank you to Michael, the amazing front desk, and all the staff at the pool, beach, at Acquario Restaurant and room service. You have made our stay even more special than we imagined it would be. ..

Signed,
Room 514 :)

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank BabsKennedy
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This resort is a must if staying in Ft. Lauderdale. We had 4 family's staying there and other family visiting from the area for 5 days. Nothing but GREAT. 2 pools....activities for the kids (ping pong, mini golf, shuffle board, hammocks, tiki huts.....and Beach front. The food was great from the outside bar and grill and the staff was great and very helpful. AA++++ from me and my family and will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Bobby G
Reviewed June 17, 2014

During her pregnancy, my wife had some serious cravings for Lago Mar's peanut butter pie. The problem was that we live in Greenwich, CT. Executive Chef Kahn would not be stopped. He took great steps to package the pie and send it to us. When it arrived and had not survived the shipping, Chef Kahn procured dry ice and special packaging in order to ship it to us again. His attention to my wife's wishes (even as a non-guest!) was extraordinary. He was gracious in not charging us for the first attempt, and made, this seemingly, trivial wish, a top priority. We are so thankful for his efforts and cannot wait to visit Lago Mar to thank him personally and enjoy the remainder of this fine resort.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Jeremy B
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We found this hotel to be wonderfully restful and quiet with everything that we needed especially the beautiful private beach. Everyone was wonderfully warm and helpful and before we were able to check in, they stored our baggage and I was able to change into a bathing suit and indulge in the beautiful beach! We are returning in late August. It's the only place for us to stay in Ft. Lauderdale!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple