“Great little motel very close to the ocean!”
Review of Lafayette Motel

Lafayette Motel
Ranked #115 of 131 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I had read some horrendous reviews of this motel, as well as some great ones. We found a very quaint, almost beach-side motel that had alot of personality! The motel is colorful with a great little pool that was impeccably maintained. The owners and staff were very courteous and stopped to ask us how our stay was going. The motel was located on a busy strip in the heart of the beach in beautiful! Fort Lauderdale. It was very close to other hotels, condos, and shopping. The beach, which was beautiful and clean, was literally one block away, and the motel was surrounded by very pricey condos and hotels. If you stay here, check out the Grand Pelican Resort, which has a great little shop and veranda overlooking the ocean. There is also a fabulous boutique hotel right next to the Grand Pelican with a fabulous ocean-side restaurant. Overall, I would choose to stay somewhere a little more swank next time, but if you are on a budget, you cannot go wrong with the Lafayette - clean and friendly!

Cassy L, GA

Room Tip: pick a pool side room on the first floor! Our room was steps away from the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cassy L

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Staff was friendly, ended there. Room next to ours, some guy got in about 2am.
put on his music as loud as it could go. Tried to call front desk, no one on duty.
Got to sleep around 5am. We should of slept in our car rental. Check reviews before booking. Wish I had. What a dump!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank james m
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this location when I first relocated to Florida, the hotel apartment I stayed in was mold infested, old, and dirty. I left after conducting a sex offender search and saw the maintenance man picture, when I went to the owner he brushed it off and said he would make sure he was not sent to my room, yet he was working around kids my conscious would not allow me to stay another night. Says a lot about Management and their true priority.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank LyricBrown
A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed November 15, 2012

While the bed was comfortable and the sheets clean (albeit threadbare like the comforter), the entire hotel and room provided were in rough condition. If you need a place to stay in a pinch for a night, this place is ok, but I wouldn"t recommend for an extended stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Omg , I can't believe this is the worse and terrible night , I had ,,, I couldn't sleep all night because of the all noise outside from the others rooms ..... If you looking to have fun and a have party do it ... But ... If you looking for have relax don't do it .... It's not a good place to stay ...... There is a people still at 7am talking and doing a lot of noise and drinking alcohol .... Talking loud ... They doesn't care about it ... I was going to stay another night but forget it about . I need to get out of here nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ... I never been posted a review in this page , but this definitely I have to write ..... So is your choose ..... Is not only the noises either the blankets are to old and all the staff in the room .. So you will not love it .... Don't stay here ....

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed June 3, 2012

As previous reviews have mentioned, this place is sorely in need of an update.

Pros:
Friendly staff

AC was on for me at checkin

Price

Free Wifi

Cons:
The 19 inch standard definition tv had problems connecting to the cablebox, and I didn't get about 80% of the channels. thankfully I had my iPad.

Toilet runs. Constantly.

They use white towels, and several of my towels had all kinds of stains on them. Gross.

Rundown, overall dirty feeling of the,room, even after it was cleaned.

The place is what it is. A cheap alternative to more expensive lodging in a decent area. A bit surprised at all these five star reviews, however.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Upon check in we went to are room 208 and found bed bugs so we went to the front desk they try to give us a new room which we found pubic hairs in the bed and the door would not close the man at the front desk the became rude and inconsiderate not wanting to redound us of or money my advise is to stay some where else

• Stayed: May 2012