“My extended stay” 5 of 5 stars

Universal Palms Hotel
Ranked #76 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“My extended stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I traveled from the west coast of Florida to see the birth of My first grandson. Things changed several times and I had to extend my stay 2 different times. The stay here was nothing less than fantastic for the whole stay. During this frustrating time and unexpected delays in the birth, Marital and Megan made my stay an easy and pleasurable one by handling my stay details so I could relax and concentrate on the details of My new grandson and be with my family. These 2 as I mentioned are fantastic and wonderful. I also need to thank Joel for his part along with Marital again for correct a couple minor issues. This is the place to stay here in Ft. Lauderdale and will be my first choice when I return. Michael Annunziata Hudson, Florida.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Upon our arrival to the hotel, we instantly felt appreciated and valued patrons. The customer service was exceptional.The hotel is conveniently located near public transportation. The hotel stay made for an excellent Fort Lauderdale experience.

1 Thank sigmalady22
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise tucked into a quiet little area in Fort Lauderdale! We absolutely loved the hotel. Everything was clean, accessible, and ready for us! The staff was pleasant and always helpful. We absolutely loved the manager Joel Niedle! He catered to our every need and even arranged shuttle services for us to get to airport (usually the guest is responsible). He also recommended places for every budget when it came to dinner and entertainment. The breakfast is amazing! The food, the atmosphere, and the overall comfort of the area was great! The pool was pretty great with the palm trees and lounging chairs. We were there for a wedding and Joel and his team took very good care of us. Great choice! We will be returning in September!

Room Tip: Go with the two room suite :)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ParkerTrips927
Ballina, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights, after 2 sleepless nights I complained to the front desk. The front desk upgraded us to a suite, which was only a bigger room with small fridge,dining table and lounge. The mattress was still uncomfortable the pillows were lumpy and to top it off there is a train that goes right behind the hotel like every hour. This hotel is in the middle of no where you have to get transportation as it is a long walk to anywhere even good food (mcdonalds and KFC are near if that floats your boat). Our first room the shower was good the second was hurtful with the pressure and the water would not drain so the bathtub would fill up. Pool could use a clean dirty on the bottom. Air conditioners leak water on the pathways which gets slippery. Mini golf course is cute and other than needing new mattress and pillows it is a nice room.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We spend couple of nights in this Hotel and was nice! The price is ok, but there is a bad think the breakfast it wasn't included! I will recommended this hotel! For a short visit at the area! The pool area is beautiful and the rooms are clean!!!!!

Stayed July 2014
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I have brought my family to this hotel three times now. The hotel is very well appointed, very clean, the staff is all very attentive and truly interested in making your stay as comfortable as possible. The courtyard and pool is an oasis and very relaxing with all of the palms and waterfalls. Everything is freshly painted and in very good condition. There is even some covered parking spaces to keep your car cool. Don't let the price fool you; I travel a lot for business and the experience here is many times better than I have had in the best hotels in major cities at 4x the cost! I will be back to the Universal Palm again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is much nicer on the inside than it is on the outside.. Maritxa at the front desk was extremely pleasant and gave us many helpful tips on places to take our kids and where to get the best value.

• 4 of 5 stars